Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 67. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 10
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
Are you kidding me, you dump and buy back when the price has gone low again
Activity: 166
If you know how hard the market volatility is ,you will secure it as soon as you get atleast 50% to 100% because it could be dumped anytime you are waitinf for more gains,so we really need to secure any profits so that we wont be regreting whenever the coin is dumping and you didnt secured your profits.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"
I buy coins because i think they have the potential to give much better returns then 200% . So i just hold it , it is the first step to the amount i have in mind.
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

If you are afraid of losing unexpected profits, you can sell half. This way you will be protected from price movements in any direction.
Activity: 183
equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange
50% profits is huge if you arent that a good trader but if you know technicala analysis you will have more and you can secure whenever you are happy and ease,but to be honest 100% or 200% is a lot so it is better to secure it early or you could lose instead of gaining the market is too volatile so you need to secure whenever you have profits.
Activity: 182
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
Securing your trades earlier is always better i have this mind set,secure now or lose later because you will never know when will these altcoins are going to dumped hard so it is always better to have some profit wether it is small or big,if you are using technical analysis you will know when will these coisn are going to dump so it is better to secure your profits or you could lose at the end.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
Probably i will secure the profits ,so that i wont be regreting because i got some profits because these coins might be dumped all of the sudden and you will never know when,it is better to have some profits than losing a trade because your greediness has no limit you have waited for a 400% or more then the coin was dumped too hard and you lose -50% what did you have? losses.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
After the price of commodity increase sharply it will decrease, so it make sense to sell
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
Of course you will beed to secure your profit before the value of the coin gets dumped,securing it too early wont give you losses because these gains might be turned into losses when your greed wont secure what you have,this is the main problem and mistakes of most of the trader.They arent securing profits whenever a coin gest pumped that is why most cases the coin will be dump to hard and you cant secure any profits instead you will get losses.
Activity: 301
Merit: 11
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

Of course secured your profits because if you wont you might have losses instead of gains.Doesnt matter how much you will get because for me profit is profit it is better to have some profits compare to have a losing trade,day trading isnt so easy that is why you need to secure your profits fast or you could lose anytime.
Activity: 420
If the coin increase until 50%, i will sell it.
If the coin increase until 200%, i will hold it.
And why i do that.
Because when the coin increase 50% it possible to drop down again.
But when is 200%, i think it will be nice Coin to invest. I will keep hold it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
Having a large amount, it makes sense to fix the profit in 30-40-50%. In other cases, you only have to wait until a coin gives several X. Its necessary to decide for yourself how much you expect from the coin and when you will sell it. I have a few coins that I only will sell if they grow 10 or more times.
Activity: 462

200% means you already have profit 2x from initial price. It is a good profit.
But cryptocurrency is promising. Every year the value of crypto always increased.
i think the best choice is keep holding it until you reached a decent amount of profit.
Activity: 158

Depending on the altcoin that I choose. There are altcoins used to buy low and sell high, also known as short-term investment. There are some altcoin for long term investment. so i can not answer your question. If you give a certain altcoin, I will analyze and answer your question. Anyway, I will sell any altcoin up to over 200% at the moment.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
I got it with STORM Token Smiley 40% in the first time, I sold all and bought back at the price I have had bought. And sold again in this morning.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
Market is very unpredictable but if that really happens overnight, I would not waste my time holding all of them, I would really sell them but not all just in case the rise still continues. Why would you hold more on this event that we have waited for months or years. Some holder's waited for months or years for that increase to happen, why waste the opportunity. As said by many, market is bullshit, you cannot trust it all the time, if doubt, do not sell all, leave a little.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251

If such growth has begun, then the probability of its continuation is high. It's silly to sell an asset that becomes more expensive. I would have thought of buying some more of these coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
It will not be wise to hodl it for a longer time because we know that the coin that increase, let say 50%, will go down immediately. So it is better to sell it then buy again the coin when it dips.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I think it depends on the coin. But 100%-200% is too big opportunity for me to let it slide by. I have seen so much coins rising that high only to drop and stayed down for years. If it happens to me, definitely sell my coins and wait if it falls again, if not then I'd find another to invest in.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
maybe if it's me I will sell if it has gone up and show the profit for me, or put a stop loss in the market, if the price goes up and feel lucky to sell then leave it to another alt
Pages:
Jump to: