Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm dumping my coins because.. - page 23. (Read 8262 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 236
August 11, 2020, 02:37:01 PM
There is no need to keep coins that will have no value in the future. It is better to get rid of them if possible if they are worth anything. It is much safer to keep something more solid than just garbage.
This is reason I am also not holding any new coin most of time price drops very quickly and then we have no chance to recovery this lost better as you have any new coins dump this and keep some better coin which is doing good in market but if you can afford then surely buy bitcoin and keep this for long time because this is going to be very good in near future and surely giving some very good profit but just if you can buy and have ability to hold.
Activity: 1435
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 11, 2020, 02:33:00 PM
The first reason of course I sold it was because the coins had no price growth at all, the team didn't update the project development and the project token felt like it was dead. and then I sell them and replace them with coins which are much more feasible for a long term investment.
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
August 11, 2020, 02:25:23 PM
I'm usually a holder I still coins and tokens I've got from Bounty campaign just like the two of the just recent projects I've participated in I'm still holding both of them but there are instances in the past that I dump my coins/tokens  because
The coin is not progressing and I want to buy coins that has more potential.

So what is or are your reason why you are dumping your coin?

Definitely, there are fleets of reasons why people dump their coins.  Personally as a bounty hunter, I'm not used to the aspect of selling bounty reward immediately after distribution. I still give it some time to look at the development, especially projects that has potential.  But at times, financial constraints has been one of my major reasons of selling some coins against my will.  Another reason is untrustworthy project teams.  When you observe that the team behind a particular project are not serious with the developmental procedures, then you don't need wasting time holding such coin, better let it go to get a better one.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
August 11, 2020, 02:07:42 PM
There is no need to keep coins that will have no value in the future. It is better to get rid of them if possible if they are worth anything. It is much safer to keep something more solid than just garbage.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
August 11, 2020, 01:55:18 PM
I'm usually a holder I still coins and tokens I've got from Bounty campaign just like the two of the just recent projects I've participated in I'm still holding both of them but there are instances in the past that I dump my coins/tokens  because

It's a right move if you dump coins that aren't progressive again, it means the team give up on the project or it's a pump and dump coin, it's better to sell before the coin goes to full zero
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
August 11, 2020, 01:38:52 PM

Possible reason for the dump from a hunter will be either they want to buy bitcoins with their tokens or they want to buy food for their family, yes these are the two extreme financial status of hunters to be honest.ANd nothing wrong is a hunter dumps it because they are not investors they worked to collect it as payment not as a share to hold them.
Activity: 812
Merit: 503
August 11, 2020, 01:31:46 PM
usually I throw away to buy it back cheap, because other bounty participants will also throw it cheaper than me, so I take the opportunity to buy it cheaper, if the market is really good, I will start first, but if only my DEX exchange is not will buy it again because it will be difficult to progress and develop, but if the coin has the potential to enter into a large exchange, it's best to keep it in the bag.

Interesting strategy to sell and buy back cheap but in the real sense, it's always difficult to buy back. Reason being that when price is down, you expect it to go down the more, this happened to me on BZRX. sold my bag to buy back but it left me. Sold at 0.2+$ now its at 0.5+$.
Activity: 994
Merit: 261
August 11, 2020, 12:55:19 PM
I depend on the project that I follow. If I do not believe and the project will distribute tokens for airdrop or tokens to investors with a large allocation, then I am prepared to dumping early. But if I believe in the project, then I will repurchase it at a lower price
Activity: 1190
Merit: 105
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 11, 2020, 11:16:22 AM
because I don't believe in new projects, I only believe in top altcoins. for that I never hold tokens from new projects because 99% of them will experience a very big dump
That's your mistake, there are a lot of successful new projects lately, especially Defi projects. Their prices have risen several dozen times after being listed in exchanges. As long as you find a good project, I believe you will have a lot of return when investing
Activity: 891
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 11, 2020, 11:14:45 AM
I've sold my few litecoins, because I dont believe they will bring me any good profit. Halving has already happened, price pump was months ago. Exchanged them to bitcoin. Variability, that same amount in bitcoin will bring more profit is greater, that having same amount in litecoin.

As to bounty tokens, prefer to sell them as quick as possible, rather then holding for a long time. Dont have much believe in projects that ran bounty (except DeFi projects).
Defi bounty campaigns weren't very successful either. only 1 part of the Oikos bounty was a very successful campaign and now the 2nd round of the bounty campaign will also be successful
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
August 11, 2020, 10:33:45 AM
I personally don't believe in dumping tokens, I get most of the tokens from bounties and airdrop. The issue with bounties and airdrop is that we end up accumulating tokens that don't have a market and after expecting them to list without any efforts from the team, the project packs up and are left redundant. There was a season where pump and dump was trending and people purchased some worthless tokens with the hope that the value would be pumped some day.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1207
August 11, 2020, 05:26:48 AM
I've sold my few litecoins, because I dont believe they will bring me any good profit. Halving has already happened, price pump was months ago. Exchanged them to bitcoin. Variability, that same amount in bitcoin will bring more profit is greater, that having same amount in litecoin.

As to bounty tokens, prefer to sell them as quick as possible, rather then holding for a long time. Dont have much believe in projects that ran bounty (except DeFi projects).
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
August 11, 2020, 04:35:02 AM

Few successful bounty projects are surging because of the present bullrun, Cartesi, band protocol, oikos DeFi, etc I think it's better not to dump, I feel like altcoin season will take over, Bitcoin is still bullish and altcoins are already benefiting
copper member
Activity: 1120
Merit: 2
August 11, 2020, 02:59:50 AM
In fact, as soon as the payment is received, everyone is busy cashing in at the same time.As a result, the value of the coin decreases a lot. We should wait a few days.Because the future of any coin is ruined when the market goes down immediately.It should be kept in the head of the Hunters.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
August 10, 2020, 11:53:56 PM
because I don't believe in new projects, I only believe in top altcoins. for that I never hold tokens from new projects because 99% of them will experience a very big dump
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
August 09, 2020, 02:50:54 PM
I personally sell coins that I get from bounties or airdrops because the price of it in the market doesn't have a good movement besides that updates are very lacking, no big news is created and of course I will sell it and exchange it for top coins
Activity: 980
Merit: 260
August 09, 2020, 02:46:10 PM

As you probably know already crypto holding is all about being patient. If you can't do that then you are not good fit for it and must look somewhere else.
Personally, I dump either when I can take some profit and don't want to risk depreciating that profit further or when I see the whole trend is looking downwards. This is to either reinvest or take a break. In any way this when I sell is all dependent on my confidence in the market and that's dictated by trends -there's not an easy formula for this but instead calculated risk and sometimes dare I say gut-instinct.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
August 09, 2020, 02:26:14 PM
Early days in the forum I joined a lot of bounty campaigns from different projects never regretted selling them early and enjoyed my earnings, because even if you joined bounties of shitty projects in early days it will surely pump after it hit exchanges but other batches of those coins left in my wallet had no signs of life after years. Its always a hunters choice, if you think your holding the real deal keep it but if you’re holding a low potential dump it and buy other good coins in the market.
Activity: 653
Merit: 183
August 09, 2020, 01:48:39 PM
I'm dumping right away after I got the bounty reward. I usually don't have high hope for new projects so I dump it right away just to be safe. Depend on how the project did on the progress and potential of the coin, I will buy back with the right price to actually become a holder of that coin. Never mix between a bounty hunter and a holder just because I have that coin for free from a bounty project.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
August 09, 2020, 12:35:57 PM
I usually sell tokens obtained from the bounty because it has a value more than the IEO price and usually the price will dump after 2-7 days, when it dumps and I feel the coin has potential then I will do a buyback
Not only did you pass away this time, 2017-2018 the time was for holding then time was for dumping price. Actually, now is the best time for holding altcoins. If I find any altcoins which haven't any progress, I will check the exchange and volume. New projects working progress should be faster than older but long time silent means could be upcoming announcement. We should know that dead projects volume is always decreasing.

I hold as much as possible but if I don't see any thing that the team provides even just liting to other exchanges, it could mean they are abandoning it already. Its just frustrating though that as bounty hunter I would have to submit KYC to exchanges that isn't popular. Sometimes the tokens I have still remains in the wallet, I could have dumped them but submitting KYC is a problem.
Pages:
Jump to: