Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 43. (Read 186688 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 20, 2013, 12:16:10 PM

This may take in account orders paid with BTC only. But i'm sure that BitSyncom did many trades with real money too...
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 20, 2013, 12:06:36 PM
So like: 97 "batches" minus 15 (customs) and 4 a day...... the last batch still has to wait for almost a month or even longer..
Thats screwed..
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 20, 2013, 12:02:13 PM

Probably very accurate. Numbers don't lie, and Bitsyncom has more or less confirmed that amount.
Activity: 266
August 20, 2013, 12:00:51 PM
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 20, 2013, 11:59:20 AM
From http://www.avalon-asics.com

story so far - 8/19

chips have arrived via other routes as previously announced, we are shipping them out at the rate of 40-50k on a daily basis at the moment, in addition to the ~150k or so that went out, another 40k was shipped today. There is multiple channel which the chips are arriving from various packaging facility to minimize downtime. Please bare this in mind: while we had backup/multiple packaging companies and various delivery routes, things still will go wrong. There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way. We will provide more update as they come. In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed.

If this is true, many folks on this forum should start receiving chips in the next week or two.

So we are entering the a new era where BitSyncom won't post updates on the forum and only on his website. Avalon team is slowly morphing into BFL style of doing business. So sad.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 20, 2013, 11:02:10 AM
I think he's "testing" them into his wallet.

Or he is "testing" our nerves. Some "testing" is being done for sure!

Edit:
Must admit I love the headline: "Story so far." Sounds so epic.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 20, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
If you have a direct order with Avalon via DHL and want to check to see if your chips have shipped, call DHL at 1 (800) 225-5345  and give them your name and address and ask if there are any shipments on route in your name. Works like a charm
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 20, 2013, 09:24:43 AM
I think he's "testing" them into his wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2013, 08:37:41 AM

story so far - 8/19

chips have arrived via other routes as previously announced, we are shipping them out at the rate of 40-50k on a daily basis at the moment, in addition to the ~150k or so that went out, another 40k was shipped today. There is multiple channel which the chips are arriving from various packaging facility to minimize downtime. Please bare this in mind: while we had backup/multiple packaging companies and various delivery routes, things still will go wrong. There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way. We will provide more update as they come. In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed.

If this is true, many folks on this forum should start receiving chips in the next week or two.
oh, and arrived to where? and shipping 40-50k out from where???  always so vague
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2013, 08:29:03 AM
Whats the old saying? "Its in the mail"  Tongue
g83
Activity: 448
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
August 20, 2013, 08:21:01 AM
it has been said before that we should receive chips in the next week or too - hope that doesn't mean what BFL means when they speak about a week or two
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
August 20, 2013, 08:15:39 AM

story so far - 8/19

Is he saying there needs to be "testing" done on the chips??...

Bunch of lies as always.
"testing" lol he is trying to lie that they will take each chip out of the tray and 'test' it and then put it back into tray and ship to us.
What is this I don't even...
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
August 20, 2013, 07:43:24 AM

story so far - 8/19

Is he saying there needs to be "testing" done on the chips??...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 20, 2013, 07:17:48 AM

story so far - 8/19

Then where are the tracking numbers?
Or are these 40k chips per day the same as the 400 units per day that BFL ship?
Guess we will find out in a day or so...

Thanks for reposting
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 20, 2013, 07:15:55 AM

two weeks or two weeks™?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 20, 2013, 07:11:16 AM

story so far - 8/19

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 20, 2013, 06:08:05 AM
Yifu just logged in again and again we where to low on his list of "priority's"...... to get a post/news update / lie
Last Login Biggest Dushbag 2013 in the Bitcoin Scene: August 20, 2013, 09:59:25 AM

I think that's his local time...
Activity: 281
August 20, 2013, 06:01:10 AM
Yifu just logged in again and again we where to low on his list of "priority's"...... to get a post/news update / lie
Last Login Biggest Dushbag 2013 in the Bitcoin Scene: August 20, 2013, 09:59:25 AM
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
August 19, 2013, 08:31:35 PM
that made me laugh too... gotta love translation..
Activity: 294
August 19, 2013, 08:13:40 PM
Refunding the chip buy doesn't really work now since so many DIY groups bought parts to assemble so what are they going to do with those with a chip refund?
Half a price for chips, or even REFUND and SEND chips same time.
Chips are almost worthless now.

As mentioned, many people have now money tied on parts to make the full devices, as do we and that's not a small amount of cash for each 10k chip order when you start counting it up, not to mention all the work that went to it.

If I was running Bitsyncom and wanted to prove that there is at least some businessman still inside me and be able to show my face somewhere ever again without getting beaten up, I'd admit defeat with my head up, make sure all orders are shipped and make a partial refund for all orders.
A man who has the spine to say he made mistakes and take responsibility to fix the situation is a man who I would respect.
A man who hides in silence and makes everybody's life miserable is as professional as a pink bunny, and get's nothing but disrespect from me.

A partial refund is not going to run Bitsyncom pennyless, however it would help a great deal in continued and healthy work with the Bitcoin community, which to my memory was at some point very important to Yifu et al.

The price per chip wasn't based on a 30% markup anyway, it was determined by other kind of reasoning and I think I'm not far by assuming that the markup was in the 100's of percents in comparison to the real manufacturing costs per chip.

Even if Bitsyncom would give a substantial refund for all chip orders, they'd not be dead as a company - money-wise.
However it would make a great difference in how the community views Bitsyncom in the future.

Yifu, I have a feeling you're reading this while drinking your latte somewhere with a smirk on your face.

I've been running companies since 1994 and I recognize many amateur faults that you guys have done since you started your operation.
I'm out of fingers to even start counting how many things were somehow screwed up and mishandled. It just all looks like utter inexperience.
You guys have never before run a company, and it's clearly visible.
If you had been working for me and had gotten my company this much bad name and negative speculation, I'd had fired your butt last month and felt good about it.

There' s still much for you to learn about how to run a business, and believe me, this is one of the lessons you need to learn; keeping your customers happy = good business.
The community can make you, but it can also break you, make no mistake in thinking otherwise.

I know it may feel like 'money in the bank' when you have lots of cash from pre-orders - more than you've ever seen in your life.
It can mix your thoughts, understandably make you feel 'bulletproof', like you're on top of the world.
The last rookie mistake in this point is to get arrogant, to think that you know it all, and you've got no responsibility - you already have their money so who cares, right?
"Let them get their crap when --I-- feel like it."

However, the money you have came with a great responsibility.
Greater than what you may even realize at this point. Or maybe you really are just realizing it and it's starting to put some crushing pressure on you.
Responsibility to your customers, people who have put their -trust- on you to provide them something that could even potentially change their lives.

Once you lose that trust, it's not something that can be 'shoveled back in the furnace' just by announcing that you'll soon have some new crap to sell.
If you really are online every day and reading the forums, then you clearly have time to do what's right.
Please grow up as a true businessman and try to find in yourself the spirit to do the right thing - many people are counting on you, don't let them down.
By doing what you may now fear to do, could possibly still get you out of woods.
Sure, it may hurt a bit, that's the price of learning.
Then again - think about how much more you can get by keeping people happy.

There's still a way to make yourself look like a winner - do it!

Very well said sir! I agree completely. The sad thing is that he could still recover partially, but refuses to do so.

BTW, This has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen:
"A man who hides in silence and makes everybody's life miserable is as professional as a pink bunny"

LOL and Bravo!
Pages:
Jump to: