Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 44. (Read 186688 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 19, 2013, 06:30:35 PM
Refunding the chip buy doesn't really work now since so many DIY groups bought parts to assemble so what are they going to do with those with a chip refund?
Half a price for chips, or even REFUND and SEND chips same time.
Chips are almost worthless now.

As mentioned, many people have now money tied on parts to make the full devices, as do we and that's not a small amount of cash for each 10k chip order when you start counting it up, not to mention all the work that went to it.

If I was running Bitsyncom and wanted to prove that there is at least some businessman still inside me and be able to show my face somewhere ever again without getting beaten up, I'd admit defeat with my head up, make sure all orders are shipped and make a partial refund for all orders.

I'm sorry but your post must stop here and realize that BitSyncom doesn't need/deal with regular customers. He does business to business. That's why we who raised them up are the last one in the chips chain.

That would be good too, as we are a business and made the order from them as a business, not as a regular person.
Regardless - waiting like everyone else...

The same way TMSC doesn't care about small businesses BitSyncom doesn't care about us. I said it before and i will say it again: compare the number of chips sold here on the forum with the number of chips sold outside of the forum and then you will see why we don't matter.
legendary
August 19, 2013, 05:25:22 PM
Refunding the chip buy doesn't really work now since so many DIY groups bought parts to assemble so what are they going to do with those with a chip refund?

As mentioned, many people have now money tied on parts to make the full devices, as do we and that's not a small amount of cash for each 10k chip order when you start counting it up, not to mention all the work that went to it.

If I was running Bitsyncom and wanted to prove that there is at least some businessman still inside me and be able to show my face somewhere ever again without getting beaten up, I'd admit defeat with my head up, make sure all orders are shipped and make a partial refund for all orders.

I'm sorry but your post must stop here and realize that BitSyncom doesn't need/deal with regular customers. He does business to business. That's why we who raised them up are the last one in the chips chain.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
August 19, 2013, 04:40:25 PM
Indeed Mr. Griffin.  Well said and well thought out.  Although I have voiced my anger on this thread and others, the anger comes from the conduct and behavior of a person that clearly has not shown the maturity required to work on such projects.  Yifu/Bitsyncom should not bite the hand that has fed them. 

Let us not forget karma.  (cause and effect, repercussions, etc)

This community is very nearly crazy with their digging and reporting.  It would be naive to think one could walk away from this situation, as it is, without being ruined in some way.  Good luck disappearing or trying to escape from this..the only way out is to make it right. 
legendary
August 19, 2013, 03:44:32 PM

Same amount of free Gen 2 chips!
Activity: 453
Merit: 101
RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE
August 19, 2013, 01:39:21 PM
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 19, 2013, 01:34:42 PM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM
August 19, 2013, 01:32:06 PM
I think we'll get a new announcement in a couple of days..
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 19, 2013, 01:19:36 PM
I do think that a scheduled weekly announcement would be good both for Yifu and for us, even if it just says 'took time off, did nothing.'

Strictly speaking that would be false, since he would not do nothing - he would at least do an announcement. This way he can really do nothing.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
August 19, 2013, 01:18:17 PM
I do think that a scheduled weekly announcement would be good both for Yifu and for us, even if it just says 'took time off, did nothing.'

+1

But more importantly, he should ship or refund what he owes.  End of story.
He has been late by more than 30 days on everything he shipped.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
August 19, 2013, 01:09:28 PM
For those of you who think it is easy to order chips and that YiFu could easily have done better and cheaper, I offer a challenge:

Make it so.

I think many of you a missing the boat here. It's REALLY not about the time so much as it is the complete lack of information, plus the behind-the-scenes activity that is readily apparent, but not mentioned.
All YiFu has to do is make an effort to keep everyone up to date on where things stand at any given point in time.

Week 1: "Ordered chips with XYZ @ TSMC" Dated: xx-xx-2013
Week 2: "All/some batches of chips are being slated for production on xx-xx-2013"
Week 3: "Orders continue to come in, I am working to get them filled by TSMC/other company. Got a strange letter today, looks like it might be an extortion attempt."
Week 4: "TSMC is having problems with XYZ, chips may be delayed 1-2 weeks."
Week 5: "Batch 1 is still on schedule, but batches XYZ look like they will be 2 weeks later. Sorry, it's out of my hands right now."
Week 6: "Batch 1 to be completed this week, should ship to us next week."
Week 7: "Batch 1 had a little problem, will ship to us this week still, but not as early as I hoped. Some team members are not playing nicelt with each other."
Week 8: "Batch 1 is here, but we are being harassed by the local mafia. Need to figure out how to deal with them and ship our chips."

You get the point. If he had done this, I would have literally zero problem with delays. Now if the same delay or same issues keeping causing delays, that obviously would be a different case. When you provide no customer feedback and things go wrong/late and then post after the fact; it is a serious blow to credibility. Then when it is obvious that you are "viewing" this forum and choosing NOT to respond; well... I don't know what is considered a massive insult in Asian cultures, but to me it is clearly insulting that he would bother reading all the posts and just ignore us.
I am led to believe it has been the vocal among us that has provoked YiFu to "do" something. You can surmise otherwise, but thanks to those who have let YiFu know how this has impacted you. Yeah it's business, but it started as a community first.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Just another miner
August 19, 2013, 10:47:38 AM
One place to check how late AVALON is in terms of chips delivery.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-refunds-processavalon-chips-group-buy-order-time-frame-and-deliveries-277198

Feel free to add those you know, which I didn't list already.
Activity: 457
August 19, 2013, 09:55:35 AM
For those of you who think it is easy to order chips and that YiFu could easily have done better and cheaper, I offer a challenge:

Make it so.

I think many of you a missing the boat here. It's REALLY not about the time so much as it is the complete lack of information, plus the behind-the-scenes activity that is readily apparent, but not mentioned.
All YiFu has to do is make an effort to keep everyone up to date on where things stand at any given point in time.

Week 1: "Ordered chips with XYZ @ TSMC" Dated: xx-xx-2013
Week 2: "All/some batches of chips are being slated for production on xx-xx-2013"
Week 3: "Orders continue to come in, I am working to get them filled by TSMC/other company. Got a strange letter today, looks like it might be an extortion attempt."
Week 4: "TSMC is having problems with XYZ, chips may be delayed 1-2 weeks."
Week 5: "Batch 1 is still on schedule, but batches XYZ look like they will be 2 weeks later. Sorry, it's out of my hands right now."
Week 6: "Batch 1 to be completed this week, should ship to us next week."
Week 7: "Batch 1 had a little problem, will ship to us this week still, but not as early as I hoped. Some team members are not playing nicelt with each other."
Week 8: "Batch 1 is here, but we are being harassed by the local mafia. Need to figure out how to deal with them and ship our chips."

You get the point. If he had done this, I would have literally zero problem with delays. Now if the same delay or same issues keeping causing delays, that obviously would be a different case. When you provide no customer feedback and things go wrong/late and then post after the fact; it is a serious blow to credibility. Then when it is obvious that you are "viewing" this forum and choosing NOT to respond; well... I don't know what is considered a massive insult in Asian cultures, but to me it is clearly insulting that he would bother reading all the posts and just ignore us.
I am led to believe it has been the vocal among us that has provoked YiFu to "do" something. You can surmise otherwise, but thanks to those who have let YiFu know how this has impacted you. Yeah it's business, but it started as a community first.
Activity: 163
August 19, 2013, 09:25:39 AM
Yifu I know you are very busy but any update on the status of the refunds requested over 1 month ago would be most appreciated. Thanks

Avalon honours refunds  Huh
I thought you just have to wait for the chips when they are ready to ship...

The refunds being referred to are the Avalon batch 3 orders that were promised in May and were priced at > 1BTC/GHs.  Even Yifu felt embarrassed about charging so much and being so late, so he promised refunds if desired.  Some took them... some didn't.  So far only 1 refund has been processed and the rest have been waiting... now at 5 weeks late.

Thats the tactic,

Deliver 1 (avalon batch 1, zefir batch 1, refunds, im alive etc.) to collect money and time money. And let the rest go to hell Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 19, 2013, 08:43:37 AM
Yifu I know you are very busy but any update on the status of the refunds requested over 1 month ago would be most appreciated. Thanks

Avalon honours refunds  Huh

The refunds being referred to are the Avalon batch 3 orders that were promised in May and were priced at > 1BTC/GHs.  Even Yifu felt embarrassed about charging so much and being so late, so he promised refunds if desired.  Some took them... some didn't.  So far only 1 refund has been processed and the rest have been waiting... now at 5 weeks late.
Activity: 238
August 19, 2013, 05:59:43 AM

In a week or two, it won't even be "break even" time, when you consider assembly, etc. Avalon had better address this. And BFL is close to being in the same boat.
Makes me wonder about the prices rising on GOX. An investment? A connection? They just got bought more time...

I think it's obvious, BFL recently announced their "omg uber super doopa machiiiine" only payable in BTC.
So a whole new breed of fools are buying up thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin in hope that if they buy first, they'll be the lucky ones who actually see product (and to hell with everyone else who gets raped).
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
August 19, 2013, 05:19:51 AM
Anyone find it strange that Yifu bother signing in with his bitsyncom account when he has no intention of posting?  Why not use a sock puppet account?

So he can read PMs and make an "I'm still alive" post at the right time.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
August 19, 2013, 04:43:01 AM

In a week or two, it won't even be "break even" time, when you consider assembly, etc. Avalon had better address this. And BFL is close to being in the same boat.
Makes me wonder about the prices rising on GOX. An investment? A connection? They just got bought more time...
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 19, 2013, 04:39:03 AM

Activity: 292
August 19, 2013, 04:28:19 AM
Pages:
Jump to: