Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 46. (Read 186691 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:57:18 AM
If the production really would include so many uncertainties in time why didnt Yifu say a word about it? Instead he spoke about 2 weeks in customs for a couple chip batches. If it were true that TSMC, for some reason, had delays then it would be the most normal thing in the world to blame them to change the flow of anger and they are the reason, isnt it?
Activity: 845
Merit: 1000
Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder
August 18, 2013, 08:02:37 AM
I've been offered an Avalon I think 3 times back around March and each time rejected it.
I don't want one.

This sounds to me like an irrational hatred that is blinding you. No one in their right mind would reject "free money" like you are.

As for what BFL gave me, so far 1 Jalapeno and 2 Singles ... though I paid for 1 Single.
Why? Coz that's the reason you can mine on a Jalapeno and a Single with cgminer.

Presumably you've contribute similar code that facilitates use of Avalon-based devices as well ?

I've also been given an Icarus, a ModMInerQuad, a BlackArrow Lancelot, an AsicMiner USB, an RPi, a BitBurner XX and a Cairnsmore1
So what. They are necessary to support the hardware in cgminer.

Cognitive dissonance: You only work on code for items you are given ? Won't work on code for Avalon for your own confusing reasons ?

And yes I have on a few occasions made comment about BFLs chips being the best.
The Avalon chips are crap in comparison, it takes 240 of them to make an Avalon - each chip is slower than an FPGA.
Even the Avalon design is the worst of all the devices we support with cgminer.

Spoken like a true shill.

Yeah right I shill for BFL as much as you are useful to this community. Zero.

I rest my case.

Finally, as a developer of software that is used across multiple hardware devices, I might recommend against expressing such zeal towards a specific hardware manufacturer. You are essentially pulling the equivalent of Microsoft endorsing AMD over Intel over ARM; something you will never see happen. Microsoft recognizes the benefits of having their software run on as many hardware platforms, and maintaining productive relationships with OEMs.  

You're not making yourself look particularly good either Sad The jabs about a place for you at Butterfly Labs is not far off the mark given a certain personality you are aspiring to emulate.

Hate to break in to this argument, but Kano clearly stated that he writes drivers for Avalon and if you check cgminer, you will see that is true. cgminer supports Avalon devices. Why aren't you aware of that? Lay off of him. cgminer is an excellent program and it has benefited the bitcoin community greatly. He honestly should charge for it.

Bitsyncom has proven to be unreliable. It's hard to imagine throwing so many people under the bus and then immediately selling your new and improved product. Wow...  Anyway, carry on.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 18, 2013, 07:47:15 AM
I've been offered an Avalon I think 3 times back around March and each time rejected it.
I don't want one.

This sounds to me like an irrational hatred that is blinding you. No one in their right mind would reject "free money" like you are.

As for what BFL gave me, so far 1 Jalapeno and 2 Singles ... though I paid for 1 Single.
Why? Coz that's the reason you can mine on a Jalapeno and a Single with cgminer.

Presumably you've contribute similar code that facilitates use of Avalon-based devices as well ?

I've also been given an Icarus, a ModMInerQuad, a BlackArrow Lancelot, an AsicMiner USB, an RPi, a BitBurner XX and a Cairnsmore1

Cognitive dissonance: You only work on code for items you are given ? Won't work on code for Avalon for your own confusing reasons ?

The Avalon chips are crap in comparison, it takes 240 of them to make an Avalon - each chip is slower than an FPGA.

Spoken like a true shill.

I rest my case.

Finally, as a developer of software that is used across multiple hardware devices, I might recommend against expressing such zeal towards a specific hardware manufacturer. You are essentially pulling the equivalent of Microsoft endorsing AMD over Intel over ARM; something you will never see happen. Microsoft recognizes the benefits of having their software run on as many hardware platforms, and maintaining productive relationships with OEMs.  

You're not making yourself look particularly good either Sad The jabs about a place for you at Butterfly Labs is not far off the mark given a certain personality you are aspiring to emulate.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Dig your freedom
August 18, 2013, 07:43:37 AM
His fake quote of something I've never said deserves that reply.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kano-vs-bitsyncom-142083
Not so fake.
Kano hates Avalon and for person reasons and was bought by BFL for the low price of 1 free Jalapeno.
He won't shill the BFL Monarch until they give him one. Rules are rules after all Wink
Completely fake.
Read that thread - though you clearly can't read.
I don't want one.
I do support the Avalon driver (it's full of code I wrote) but I don't want an Avalon.

The reason I am given them is coz of what I contribute to the companies/people who make them.
I write drivers for them that anyone in the Bitcoin community can use for free if they want.
I also support them for ... years ... to come.
Most people don't donate anything to me. Some do and I am always grateful when they do, but most don't.
Oh well - that's how it is. The hardware resolves that for me.

What do you supply to the bticoin community except a whiny little voice bitching about BFL in threads all over the forum.
Only 4 of your last 60 posts didn't involve whining about BFL.
Only one was possibly worth not deleting.

Until recently there was no comparison at all.
Now there are chips on the horizon, but none in available devices yet.
Their advantage is purely that they use less power and nothing more.

Of course people do the usual of ignoring what proves them wrong.
My post after I visited BFL before they gave me anything included:
"Most of the above is simply BFL’s inexperience showing through yet again. "

Why so much effort to push Avalon over the cliff yet still defending BFL? Hypocrite.
With all due respect to work Kano does this after reading many of his posts difficult for me to disagree with the above. In terms of its bias to BFL.
Activity: 252
August 18, 2013, 07:24:32 AM
You know, you fit the BFL personality profile pretty well. You should see if they've got any openings.
Prove something false in there or that will prove your comment is the major waste of space it is.

Clearly bias. Doesn't provide same reviews of BFL who have practically held thousands of buyers hostage for nearly a year now. Where is all the outrage for the BFL lies and false promises? Hypocrite.

I'd have thought the answer to this was obvious. Kano is a developer, and works on making code that works with the hardware. It isn't his concern how long each product took to get to market, rather how well it does the job it was designed for in terms of ease of coding and performance overall.

Reality is that despite the supply issues and whatever you think of BFL, BitSyncom et al, the BFL chips are still superior to the original Avalon chips. For the moment the BFL chips are some of the best on the market, although that is going to change. When the change does come, I'm sure he will be saying that whatever the new thing is on the market is superior to BFL's 65nm chip and hardware in turn.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 18, 2013, 06:56:14 AM

Would anyone be silly enough to order a BFL ASIC now? That would of course be a BIG risk.

No I wouldn't give them a cent at the moment for either of their ASIC lines.

You can simply just post facts about BFL and anyone would see the obvious BIG risk of doing business with them at the moment.

Nice, your not BFL sockpuppet, but this is Avalon fail thread, BFL already has few such threads  Wink
Indeed - I didn't bring up the subject here ...
But I wont usually (though I do sometimes) ignore people who post lies about me.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
August 18, 2013, 06:50:17 AM

Would anyone be silly enough to order a BFL ASIC now? That would of course be a BIG risk.

You can simply just post facts about BFL and anyone would see the obvious BIG risk of doing business with them at the moment.

Nice, your not BFL sockpuppet, but this is Avalon fail thread, BFL already has few such threads  Wink
legendary
August 18, 2013, 06:45:35 AM

There is also the fact that once BFL finally released their ASIC devices, they were (and at the moment still are) the best available devices.
Just damn next to impossible to get coz they are unable to ship them in any timely manner whatsoever.
Even though they missed their power specs, they still have the best available at the moment (but that appears that it will change very soon)

What's wrong with bitfury?
Can you get them yet?

(but that appears that it will change very soon)
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 18, 2013, 06:40:18 AM

There is also the fact that once BFL finally released their ASIC devices, they were (and at the moment still are) the best available devices.
Just damn next to impossible to get coz they are unable to ship them in any timely manner whatsoever.
Even though they missed their power specs, they still have the best available at the moment (but that appears that it will change very soon)

What's wrong with bitfury?
legendary
August 18, 2013, 06:29:59 AM
You know, you fit the BFL personality profile pretty well. You should see if they've got any openings.
Prove something false in there or that will prove your comment is the major waste of space it is.

Clearly bias. Doesn't provide same reviews of BFL who have practically held thousands of buyers hostage for nearly a year now. Where is all the outrage for the BFL lies and false promises? Hypocrite.
Lulz you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Fine you need me to state the blatantly obvious? I will.
Not sure why you need that here in this thread, but anyway ...

Buying a BFL Moth Card (whatever they are called) is a ridiculous risk.
They failed to deliver on time with their FPGAs. They failed to meet the specs of their FPGAs by large margins.
They failed to deliver on time with their ASIC (9 months+) They failed to meet the specs of their ASICs by a large power margin.
Anyone who can't spot the obvious risk of giving them more money at this point in time is of course a complete idiot.

However, there is also the fact that most who bought BFL FPGAs made a profit off them - they were indeed at the top of the list of available FPGAs

People getting them in the past, today and in the near future will make a profit on them.

However, I'm not ignoring the facts and making up shit to make an already clearly obvious disaster into something else.
Activity: 378
August 18, 2013, 06:24:40 AM
Whether or not it is difficult or Avalon had some troubles that they didn't intend or couldn't foresee is completely irrelevant in the legal sense. They stated they would have the chips within a certain time-frame and they are obligated to that time-frame regardless of what mishaps or unforeseen circumstances transpired. We do not owe them sympathy or a break. If Avalon doesn't want to own up to the risk associated with delivering product on time based upon a contract then they need to get out of the business.

Are you a lawyer?  While I'm not trying to defend Avalon at all, from a legal standpoint simply being late with an order is not a big deal - unless you have a contract specifying exactly how much they're supposed to pay if they don't ship on time, it's unlikely you could win a lawsuit against a supplier simply for being late.

The reality is, people are late with orders all the time.  Normally it isn't nearly as big of a deal.  If normal chips are late by a few months, nothing major happens.  Worst case a new product launch has to be pushed back, and major companies actually plan extra time for delays in designing product schedules.

In the bitcoin world, it's a huge deal.  In the "real" world it's not a big deal and not a big deal legally either.
Thank you for politely head checking this person. I have noticed that (s)he complains a lot and wants to spend more money on lawyers and court fees than helping the bitcoin community ( of which Yifu was a member long before whoever vigil is ). 
I have about 4k riding on this and I remain optomistic because I have been mining for years, and I invested in my ideals rather than to make a quick buck on something that seems to not make a person happy. The concepts behind bitcoin bring more joy and light into me and my thoughts of the future, and that is what I invested in. Not my bank account, not my furrows of worry, but simply to enjoy the ride, and show others that , 'hey this is just a ride, it was meant to be fun and exilerating, have its ups and downs loops and turns....but its just a ride'. I hope everyone that participates in the making or breaking of the bitcoin economy remembers - it's just a ride.

-And Yifu - huge thanks for all the hardWork(fishes)
I have never advocated going as far as court. I have actually stated that we should use an attorney only to force Yifu into face-to-face contact and to reveal what the truth is and arrange compensation plan.

I think you are full of shizzle. You want to dissuade others from pursuing what is in their best interest and protect Yifu. You are here to steal everyone's energy.
Activity: 924
August 18, 2013, 05:52:18 AM

legendary
August 18, 2013, 05:49:15 AM
Activity: 924
August 18, 2013, 05:45:33 AM

Not so fake.
Kano hates Avalon and for person reasons and was bought by BFL for the low price of 1 free Jalapeno.
He won't shill the BFL Monarch until they give him one. Rules are rules after all Wink
Completely fake.
I don't want one.
I do support the Avalon driver (it's full of code I wrote) but I don't want an Avalon.

The reason I am given them is coz of what I contribute to the companies/people who make them.
I write drivers for them that anyone in the Bitcoin community can use for free if they want.
Most people don't donate anything to me. Some do and I am always grateful when they do, but most don't.

What do you supply to the bticoin community except a whiny little voice bitching about BFL in threads all over the forum.

Why so much effort to push Avalon over the cliff yet still defending BFL? Hypocrite.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 18, 2013, 05:44:44 AM

Not so fake.
Completely fake.
I don't want one.

legendary
August 18, 2013, 05:40:46 AM

Not so fake.
Completely fake.
I don't want one.

Activity: 126
Just another miner
August 18, 2013, 03:37:19 AM
For those of you who think it is easy to order chips and that YiFu could easily have done better and cheaper, I offer a challenge:

Make it so.

It doesnt sound as hard to collect money, find the people that are capable to develop it and build the product in foundry.

The point is. Yifu already did this several times. He knows exactly how long it takes to produce that exact chip. There are no vars in between so he was able to give a lead time of 9-10 weeks. After 5 weeks exactly the chip batches in shop were changed to "Chips ordered" which means to me he knows that the chip production takes 4 weeks from then.
And it looks there were a huge amount of such chips see the fotos of the boxes. They only didnt reach us.
I cant believe his story. 20 batches in customs for 2 weeks when they are 5 weeks late? First, 20 batches are nothing and the 2 weeks explain nothing.
Then someone knocked at a employees door? Thats so creepy one have to stop working and, like i read, getting bodyguards? I really believe it only was a customer asking were his chips are.
The same goes for the pdf with private details. Whats the problem? The problem is that so many customers are angry and would like to break the communication stop. Without that the threat would be useless.

Whatever. Im tired of getting angry at Yifu.

Mostly I agree with Sebastian.
Such a process of producing chips is well known with all of its time frames. Yifu knows all of this, and yet he choose to misled us and stale us.
Dishonest to say at least. I wish I didn't bought any of his damn chips.
Activity: 173
August 18, 2013, 03:09:16 AM

Do you understand what is involved with the manufacture of a modern integrated circuit? You are talking about one of the most complex manufacturing processes on earth. Yifu is clearly at fault for missing the deadlines he promised - but that does not change the fact that getting these chips manufactured is far more complex than sending TSMC a request for some more chips.
Yes I understand what is involved ... look at the last few orders he did, remember what he did, do it again so it arrives at the time he promised ... oh wait, I forgot to add, sell the chips to someone else and then run another order that will of course be late ...

This is speculation or reality?
legendary
Activity: 1190
August 18, 2013, 02:56:32 AM

Not so fake.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
August 18, 2013, 02:49:47 AM
Whether or not it is difficult or Avalon had some troubles that they didn't intend or couldn't foresee is completely irrelevant in the legal sense. They stated they would have the chips within a certain time-frame and they are obligated to that time-frame regardless of what mishaps or unforeseen circumstances transpired. We do not owe them sympathy or a break. If Avalon doesn't want to own up to the risk associated with delivering product on time based upon a contract then they need to get out of the business.

Are you a lawyer?  While I'm not trying to defend Avalon at all, from a legal standpoint simply being late with an order is not a big deal - unless you have a contract specifying exactly how much they're supposed to pay if they don't ship on time, it's unlikely you could win a lawsuit against a supplier simply for being late.

The reality is, people are late with orders all the time.  Normally it isn't nearly as big of a deal.  If normal chips are late by a few months, nothing major happens.  Worst case a new product launch has to be pushed back, and major companies actually plan extra time for delays in designing product schedules.

In the bitcoin world, it's a huge deal.  In the "real" world it's not a big deal and not a big deal legally either.
Thank you for politely head checking this person. I have noticed that (s)he complains a lot and wants to spend more money on lawyers and court fees than helping the bitcoin community ( of which Yifu was a member long before whoever vigil is ). 
I have about 4k riding on this and I remain optomistic because I have been mining for years, and I invested in my ideals rather than to make a quick buck on something that seems to not make a person happy. The concepts behind bitcoin bring more joy and light into me and my thoughts of the future, and that is what I invested in. Not my bank account, not my furrows of worry, but simply to enjoy the ride, and show others that , 'hey this is just a ride, it was meant to be fun and exilerating, have its ups and downs loops and turns....but its just a ride'. I hope everyone that participates in the making or breaking of the bitcoin economy remembers - it's just a ride.

-And Yifu - huge thanks for all the hardWork(fishes)
Pages:
Jump to: