Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 66. (Read 186691 times)

Activity: 624
Merit: 502
August 11, 2013, 06:18:00 PM
Are they not a freight forwarder?

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
August 11, 2013, 06:10:03 PM
customs? lol
I doubt that photo was taken at the customs office
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500

Yo guys, the tracking number IS on these boxes, under the Airway Bill number;

http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076

Click "To English" and the tracking number is 87150508076

Doesn't give much information, but it shows that it left on June 25th and there are 135 Pieces.

Looks like they landed in Hong Kong and received at  UNI-GLORY INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CO., LIMITED   whatever that is???

This company has existed only since 6-13-2013?  What?!?

http://www.compinfo.info/hk/1927648/UNI-GLORY_INTERNATIONAL_LOGISTICS_CO.,_LIMITED
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 11, 2013, 06:08:25 PM
guys, back to the issue here: CUSTOMS

Will the chips be confiscated by customs?  How long will it take customs to process the chips and ship them out?  Which customs are they at? China or United States?  What routes must the chips take, lets say the chips leave customs monday, how long best case for us to get the chips and whats a realistic worst case scenario?  Who all thinks that our group buys will get the chips before sept 1st?

Shouldn't you be first asking: Do you believe the chips are stuck in customs? If so, then why are they stuck?

And before that: Do you believe that there is any chips?
There were chips. Quai Gon Jin took them and chased Avalon employees through the streets of China. Yifu found refuge in a sewer which led too Lo Pan's Labyrinth, defeated the divine form of Lo Pan, and rescued the green-eyed virgins. He then traveled to Amsterdam and informed us that he is still alive.

Call me a realist, but if I interperet you story correctly;

Basically you're saying he hoped over to 'dam, dropped some shrooms, got stoned, screwed around in the maze that is Amsterdam's red light district windowshopping by the canals, picked up a green-eyed hooker who told him she was a virgin and totally forgot about the chips until Interpol were mentioned on a forum...

Yeah, pretty much.

Sweet. Crisis averted. Problem solved. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 06:05:23 PM
customs? lol
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500

Doesn't give much information, but it shows that it left on June 25th and there are 135 Pieces.

[/quote]
Looks like they landed in Hong Kong and received at  UNI-GLORY INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CO., LIMITED   whatever that is???
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 05:57:12 PM

Will the chips be confiscated by customs?  How long will it take customs to process the chips and ship them out?  Which customs are they at? China or United States?  What routes must the chips take, lets say the chips leave customs monday, how long best case for us to get the chips and whats a realistic worst case scenario?  Who all thinks that our group buys will get the chips before sept 1st?

Shouldn't you be first asking: Do you believe the chips are stuck in customs? If so, then why are they stuck?

There were chips. Quai Gon Jin took them and chased Avalon employees through the streets of China. Yifu found refuge in a sewer which led too Lo Pan's Labyrinth, defeated the divine form of Lo Pan, and rescued the green-eyed virgins. He then traveled to Amsterdam and informed us that he is still alive.

Basically you're saying he hoped over to 'dam, dropped some shrooms, got stoned, screwed around in the red light district windowshopping by the canals, picked up a green-eyed hooker who told him she was a virgin and totally forgot about the chips until Interpol were mentioned on a forum...

Yeah, pretty much.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 05:56:06 PM
Yifu says: We do have more chips coming in via different route next week which will ease this a little bit. (you can take this as chips will resume shipping by end of next week for now.)

Ok, well next week is almost here, we shall see  Shocked
Activity: 532
August 11, 2013, 05:52:13 PM

Basically you're saying he hoped over to 'dam, dropped some shrooms, got stoned, screwed around in the maze that is Amsterdam's red light district windowshopping by the canals, picked up a green-eyed hooker who told him she was a virgin and totally forgot about the chips until Interpol were mentioned on a forum...
Activity: 746
Looking for advertising deal
August 11, 2013, 05:51:05 PM
customs? lol

[/quote]

Activity: 624
August 11, 2013, 05:41:03 PM
I really can't believe my eyes seeing people jumping into "replace non-delivered gen #1 with gen #2" business.

I think its not the best idea too since even when they are delivered in 2 months and the GH is half the price of a GH of gen1 you would make an even worse trade since the difficulty will then be 150 to 200 percent higher which means you would have less than before.

That depends on spec doesn't it? I may have missed something here. Has that been confirmed?
August 11, 2013, 05:31:15 PM

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 11, 2013, 05:18:38 PM
Do you believe the chips are stuck in customs?

maybe I'm wrong, but if anything stuck on customs, it is usually in the country of receiver.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
August 11, 2013, 05:15:54 PM

erk
Activity: 826
August 11, 2013, 05:14:30 PM

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 11, 2013, 05:01:03 PM

Will the chips be confiscated by customs?  How long will it take customs to process the chips and ship them out?  Which customs are they at? China or United States?  What routes must the chips take, lets say the chips leave customs monday, how long best case for us to get the chips and whats a realistic worst case scenario?  Who all thinks that our group buys will get the chips before sept 1st?

We don't have any of this information.

We don't know if there are any chips at any customs. No proof for it was ever provided.

Customs story is really unimportant, since only a small amount of chips is allegedly being there, and they are held for two weeks. Large majority of chips never had customs problems and are late much more than this minority (allegedly) spent in customs. So forget about the customs, they are not the problem - Yifu is.
August 11, 2013, 04:54:06 PM

Will the chips be confiscated by customs?  How long will it take customs to process the chips and ship them out?  Which customs are they at? China or United States?  What routes must the chips take, lets say the chips leave customs monday, how long best case for us to get the chips and whats a realistic worst case scenario?  Who all thinks that our group buys will get the chips before sept 1st?

We don't have any of this information.
Activity: 266
August 11, 2013, 04:47:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:15:35 PM
I really can't believe my eyes seeing people jumping into "replace non-delivered gen #1 with gen #2" business.

I think its not the best idea too since even when they are delivered in 2 months and the GH is half the price of a GH of gen1 you would make an even worse trade since the difficulty will then be 150 to 200 percent higher which means you would have less than before.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 11, 2013, 03:47:45 PM
By buying chips from Avalon they never gave us any warranty that we will profit from such investment

This is misinterpretation of what happened. There was a warranty - called "No bullshit agreement". All Yifu had to do is to fulfill his side of the agreement after we've fulfilled our side and you were guaranteed to profit.

I really can't believe my eyes seeing people jumping into "replace non-delivered gen #1 with gen #2" business. At the end Yifu will present himself as a hero not delivering to us "worthless gen #1 chips". I can already see Avalon announcement:
"Just send some more BTC our way covering the price difference between gen #2 and gen #1, put Yifu's picture with "Hero" T-shirt as your desktop background and you are eligible for great gen #2 chip replacement!"
KS
Activity: 448
August 11, 2013, 03:41:46 PM
By buying chips from Avalon they never gave us any warranty that we will profit from such investment, (...)

Technically true but given the nature of the Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) you were buying and given the time-critical nature of Bitcoin mining, one could easily argue that NOT profiting from such an investment is a direct consequence of the delay that Avalon could have avoided and are thus responsible for the loss of revenue you have incurred.

(...) and we shouldn't mix how they were setting the price of Avalon chip/unit with what we would like to earn. In business that include selling of product and delivering it from location A to B, it usually involves time needed for delivery. It looks like Avalon broke their own terms for lead time of delivery, or maybe they even didn't by not precisely stating what kind of lead time they were specifying.

They have failed to indicate whether the 9-10 week lead-time was _delivered_, which could also be implied (since it wasn't denied).

(Their no BS T&C are really dangerous for them as well, as the law will fill in the blanks...)
Pages:
Jump to: