Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 70. (Read 186691 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 07:25:54 AM
Anyone seen this?

【Avalon Factory】made by ccbmc!50PCS 110G 4# avalon mining Has shipped!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-oem-factorymade-by-ccbmc50pcs-oem-110g-4-avalon-mining-has-shipped-271629
Gee that sure looks like some of our missing chips,,,guess its who ya know over there....
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 06:26:54 AM
I wonder who else in their lives got stuff stuck in customs for over 1 month...
He probably just refused to bribe the right people this time. No skin off his back.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 11, 2013, 06:24:54 AM
I wonder who else in their lives got stuff stuck in customs for over 1 month...
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 11, 2013, 06:10:12 AM
Anyone seen this?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-oem-factorymade-by-ccbmc50pcs-oem-110g-4-avalon-mining-has-shipped-271629

It seems someone has received a batch outside of Zefir.

Was the person who received in same country?  That would mean no customs troubles.

Sure. Other  orders got stuck on the way out of china.

Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 11, 2013, 05:06:54 AM
Anyone seen this?

Was the person who received in same country?  That would mean no customs troubles.

Sure. Other  orders got stuck on the way out of china.

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1456
August 11, 2013, 04:36:57 AM
Anyone seen this?

Activity: 446
August 11, 2013, 04:22:08 AM
Anyone seen this?

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 11, 2013, 03:59:02 AM
Anyone seen this?

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 11, 2013, 03:27:44 AM
I am buying Avalon chip Pre-orders at 60% of the list price. That's 40% off what you paid. Please PM me.

Thanks
Curious as to if you get some response, I might consider them myself at 40 % discount..
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 11, 2013, 03:08:18 AM
I am buying Avalon chip Pre-orders at 60% of the list price. That's 40% off what you paid. Please PM me.

Thanks
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
August 11, 2013, 03:03:41 AM

I guess you two ordered like 2 chips together? 1 x K1 for each of you?
I can not believe that someone with larger ammount of chips stolen would make such comments.

pajak666 has been sending me PMs.  He seems very unhappy with my posting content.  This post may not make him happier.

I won't reveal a PM; however I point out that my avatar is my real image, and my nick is clearly related to my real life identity.  I stand behind what I post.

I also spent about 10-15 years being very angry, and the justification for that anger was strong.  But anger only eats up the angry person from the inside.  I have been cheated, I have been slandered, I have been shot; anger kept me tied in the past, to events that were a permanent part of my history and which I could not change.  I have chosen that I will go forward in a productive way.  I will make my decisions on what is, and not what I believe should have been.

I have made a real life decision that no amount of angst about bitcoins will match:  I had the death penalty decision in a Texas court about the man who shot us in my lap.  From that perspective, many postings here are temper tantrums from whiny children who need to grow up.

I originally thought I could make perhaps $16,000 / month with each Batch #2 Avalon delivered in March.  That money would have been very helpful in my life.  I am personally in touch with the reality and the implications of shipping delays.

I have a few questions for pajak666.
1.  How much do you have at risk?
2.  How much did you project that you would make in the next year from item #1?
3.  What action, that is possible today, will satisfy you?

If you cannot be satisfied, then you are the troll.  If you can be satisfied, then articulate what you want.  Keep in mind that it will not seem feasible to receive chips tomorrow, nor to receive a refund yesterday. 

Also, with no regard whatsoever as to whether you believe Yufi, it will work best for you to read his words exactly and to construct your responses as if they are literally true.  If they are true, then you are ahead of the game.  If they are not true, you will maneuver him into a corner.  In time, more facts will emerge;  I plan not to look the fool when they do.

If his words are true and you spread FUD, you, and not he, are the bad actor.

As someone who has been shot and watched a daughter die, I have a very hard line on postings that advocate violence.  They are across the line.  No amount of hand waving that they are a joke or you were angry, or thoughtless, or drunk, or that you apologize will repair their cumulative damage.  They are simply wrong.

With no regard whatsoever to the idea that I have been harmed to the level of $16,000 or $30,000 by shipping delays, it harms the future value of my bitcoins for the community to act like jerks.  If bitcoins are a niche thing that only angry anarchist use, they are wortheless, and if our community postings make us seem that way, we jeopardize the adoption in real commerce and it would not matter whether you can mine today or not. 

Quit peeing in the pool.

It is an honor to have read this.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
August 11, 2013, 12:14:54 AM
People will buy your preorder slots at more than what you paid at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, sell your chip orders.

Dear dddbtc,

I have Avalon chips on order.  I will sell them to you at cost.  Do you accept?

waiting

waiting

waiting
Activity: 671
Merit: 500
August 10, 2013, 10:06:43 PM
People will buy your preorder slots at more than what you paid at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, sell your chip orders.

Dear dddbtc,

I have Avalon chips on order.  I will sell them to you at cost.  Do you accept?

waiting

waiting
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 10, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

I can not believe that someone with larger ammount of chips stolen would make such comments.

pajak666 has been sending me PMs.  He seems very unhappy with my posting content.  This post may not make him happier.

I won't reveal a PM; however I point out that my avatar is my real image, and my nick is clearly related to my real life identity.  I stand behind what I post.

I also spent about 10-15 years being very angry, and the justification for that anger was strong.  But anger only eats up the angry person from the inside.  I have been cheated, I have been slandered, I have been shot; anger kept me tied in the past, to events that were a permanent part of my history and which I could not change.  I have chosen that I will go forward in a productive way.  I will make my decisions on what is, and not what I believe should have been.

I have made a real life decision that no amount of angst about bitcoins will match:  I had the death penalty decision in a Texas court about the man who shot us in my lap.  From that perspective, many postings here are temper tantrums from whiny children who need to grow up.

I originally thought I could make perhaps $16,000 / month with each Batch #2 Avalon delivered in March.  That money would have been very helpful in my life.  I am personally in touch with the reality and the implications of shipping delays.

If you cannot be satisfied, then you are the troll.  If you can be satisfied, then articulate what you want.  Keep in mind that it will not seem feasible to receive chips tomorrow, nor to receive a refund yesterday. 

Also, with no regard whatsoever as to whether you believe Yufi, it will work best for you to read his words exactly and to construct your responses as if they are literally true.  If they are true, then you are ahead of the game.  If they are not true, you will maneuver him into a corner.  In time, more facts will emerge;  I plan not to look the fool when they do.

As someone who has been shot and watched a daughter die, I have a very hard line on postings that advocate violence.  They are across the line.  No amount of hand waving that they are a joke or you were angry, or thoughtless, or drunk, or that you apologize will repair their cumulative damage.  They are simply wrong.

With no regard whatsoever to the idea that I have been harmed to the level of $16,000 or $30,000 by shipping delays, it harms the future value of my bitcoins for the community to act like jerks.  If bitcoins are a niche thing that only angry anarchist use, they are wortheless, and if our community postings make us seem that way, we jeopardize the adoption in real commerce and it would not matter whether you can mine today or not. 

Quit peeing in the pool.

You have my respect
+1
legendary
Activity: 1112
August 10, 2013, 06:12:33 PM
Also the only people BitSyncom was grateful were the Avalon Batch 1 people; even to the FPGA people he was partially grateful to be their clients. From Avalon Batch 2 people ever since BitSyncom treated his customers like shit even if he pretends to be "the good guy". Thankfully new ASIC companies are entering the market while BitSyncom boycotts himself.

Actually Batch #2 customers have nothing to complain about, from mid next week they are making a healthy profit

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2898215

That is, those who received their hardware (which should be most of them by now)

With Yifu being the spokes person for the group of people behind Avalon it's perhaps obvious to forget he is not a hardware developer (he does not even know his resistors from his inductors, remember) but a NY based manager who tries to herd cats from a distance.

Avalon needed Batch #2 pre-orders to complete the Batch #1 production. From that point on many things have gone wrong, mainly due to lack of experience. It's been a first for many things, like shipping, parts procurement and production & testing. Having one or two developers leave the core team did probably also not help.

He is depending on a group of worker bees he has no control over, for example while he is at bitcoin2013 stating they will not mine on main net, the eligiust logs show his staff is doing the opposite.

Some of his behaviour might be a "soup nazi" but most is a lack of delegation of responsibilities. And some procrastination.

It shows his age and surely he will grow into it. A short learning curve and unfortunately some us will get burned a bit.

(By the way, I am a Batch #1, Batch #2 Wave 1, Batch #2 Wave 2 and Batch #3 customer. I have received all my machines and other than a few dud power supplies, loose cables and spare nuts floating, I had no problems.)
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 10, 2013, 05:55:49 PM

Quit peeing in the pool.

You and BenTuras are solid human beings. You have my respect.

The rest of this thread makes me reconsider my association with this community.
Activity: 776
Merit: 536
August 10, 2013, 05:12:15 PM
What I find puzzling is how Yifu delays chips for 6 weeks, and gets shit all over, but people are STILL buying from BFL who's shipping YEARS late.  Baffles me.
Both situations suck, but you'd think BFL taught people a little patience.

BFL have publicly stated their entire order backlog would be resolved by end of September. We have no reason to distrust them.

A little bit more patience is all that is asked. Lets be reasonable.

No reason to distrust them?  How many times were BFL customers told "Two More Weeks"TM?  Are you fucking serious?

Edit: Just saw your signature; maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post.

LOL!

Guys... we may have to add terrhash to this list of likely failures

Can't blame them... they are just waiting for the chips.   Everything built around avalon chips are in the shitter right now.  all the group buys..  god, the list is so big.  Those chips only have about 1 more month before they will never break even...  I'm sure they will still be run to recover whatever they can but by december I think all avalon chips will be powered down.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 10, 2013, 05:10:30 PM

Quit peeing in the pool.

Well said Prof, btw the most intelligent post i read in this thread till now.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 10, 2013, 05:07:23 PM
This NPR piece seems applicable to our situation:

When Power Goes To Your Head, It May Shut Out Your Heart

As competition in this market is about to surge, it would be wise for the dominant player to begin practicing some amount of conscious empathy.  It is a skill they'll need very soon.

Until then, we must provide them with motivation, by any legal means necessary.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
August 10, 2013, 04:46:13 PM

I offer my deepest sympathy and condolences. No one should have to live such an event.

Quit peeing in the pool.

Thats a good point.
Pages:
Jump to: