Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 68. (Read 186691 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 11, 2013, 01:32:03 PM
BitSyncom / Avalon,

Rather than ship out over a million Gen1 chips that will be sure losers if they aren't received by buyers in the next 2-4 weeks, why don't you offer Gen1 chip buyers the opportunity to upgrade to Gen2 chips at no extra charge?

Assuming Gen2 chips offer 4-5 times the performance and lower power consumption compared to Gen1 chips, this seems like a win/win situation for both Avalon and buyers.

Also, it sounds as if Gen2 chips will work with existing designs with little to no modification necessary.

Of course, this is also contingent on you being able to deliver Gen2 chips in October.
People have already spent 100s of hours designing boards and ordering parts for these chips.

I understand that. This is from the last Avalon update:

"We will take this time to fulfill a promise to announce the next generation chip 2 month ahead of schedule so potential buyers can make a decision. Soon we will be disabling the pre-order of Avalon Gen1 chips and only sell the remaining stock as we phase out old technology for a new 55nm, which goes on sale for immediate delivery at mid October 2013. This 55nm will retain the same physical dimension as the 110nm Gen1, only few pads were changed so getting them up and running requires very little change to existing design."
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 01:27:37 PM
where are the specs of gen2 chips?

August 11, 2013, 01:23:27 PM
BitSyncom / Avalon,

Rather than ship out over a million Gen1 chips that will be sure losers if they aren't received by buyers in the next 2-4 weeks, why don't you offer Gen1 chip buyers the opportunity to upgrade to Gen2 chips at no extra charge?

Assuming Gen2 chips offer 4-5 times the performance and lower power consumption compared to Gen1 chips, this seems like a win/win situation for both Avalon and buyers.

Also, it sounds as if Gen2 chips will work with existing designs with little to no modification necessary.

Of course, this is also contingent on you being able to deliver Gen2 chips in October.
People have already spent 100s of hours designing boards and ordering parts for these chips.
Activity: 742
August 11, 2013, 12:50:19 PM
BitSyncom / Avalon,

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 11, 2013, 12:43:52 PM
Anyone seen this?

【Avalon Factory】made by ccbmc!50PCS 110G 4# avalon mining Has shipped!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-oem-factorymade-by-ccbmc50pcs-oem-110g-4-avalon-mining-has-shipped-271629

It seems someone has received a batch outside of Zefir.

Was the person who received in same country?  That would mean no customs troubles.

No, chips are from Taiwan, Avalon is in China. If the customs thing was real it would have happened between China and Taiwan.
Activity: 532
August 11, 2013, 12:39:13 PM
Anyone seen this?

【Avalon Factory】made by ccbmc!50PCS 110G 4# avalon mining Has shipped!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-oem-factorymade-by-ccbmc50pcs-oem-110g-4-avalon-mining-has-shipped-271629

It seems someone has received a batch outside of Zefir.

Was the person who received in same country?  That would mean no customs troubles.

Sure. Other  orders got stuck on the way out of china.

Roll Eyes

Those photos are BS. The photos are from a month ago. That same ID card picture has been posted on this forum before.

EDIT: These ARE the old photos mixed with a mid July screen capture. Nothing new here.

Aren't these old photos? That same ID card picture has been posted on this forum before about a month ago.

EDIT: These ARE the old photos mixed with a mid July screen capture. Nothing new here.

Same guy: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2417635
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 12:31:26 PM
You are just as much a shill as the others. I don't need to hear from your old ass what I should be doing.

Why do we need to be careful? So at what point does it become OK to mapout these conspiracies? You sound like G W Bush when he spoke about 911 at the UN regarding "not tolerating outrageous conspiracy theories".
You need to calm down, and check the editing on your quotes.  It's not clear from it whether you were directing you comment at me, or at MinerManNC

Regarding the bolded part of your analysis, I'm going to suggest a little homework for you:  the concept of False Equivalence.  (Which, ironically, was used a lot by the Bush White House). There'll be a pop quiz later in the thread.
Sorry Loredo, I was just agreeing with what you said,,,,don't worry about vagil, he has obvious anger management issues.
legendary
August 11, 2013, 12:28:58 PM
You are just as much a shill as the others. I don't need to hear from your old ass what I should be doing.

Why do we need to be careful? So at what point does it become OK to mapout these conspiracies? You sound like G W Bush when he spoke about 911 at the UN regarding "not tolerating outrageous conspiracy theories".
You need to calm down, and check the editing on your quotes.  It's not clear from it whether you were directing you comment at me, or at MinerManNC

Regarding the bolded part of your analysis, I'm going to suggest a little homework for you:  the concept of False Equivalence.  (Which, ironically, was used a lot by the Bush White House). There'll be a pop quiz later in the thread.
I quoted MinermanMC. But since you initially made the statement he bolded then that part applies to you as well. I don't have time or purpose to look up false equivalence.
Take a chill pill and get a Life dude..better yet just leave!
August 11, 2013, 12:18:25 PM

I quoted MinermanMC. But since you initially made the statement he bolded then that part applies to you as well. I don't have time or purpose to look up false equivalence.
August 11, 2013, 12:06:08 PM

August 11, 2013, 11:53:31 AM
Because he and others are "in" on the "delay". Over in the TH thread, the only two guys who are trying to deter talk are the guys who visited TH to prove to us they were legit. This same thing was noticed in another operation - that those who visited the site were trying to defend the "business" who was not delivering on their promise.
We need to be careful before we start to map out huge conspiracies involving members of the community.  

It's human nature to defend something that someone has grown close to, or something someone has come to support.  

Examples are everywhere, with each vendor.   In most every case, there are real vested-interest shills, and then there are those who are simply vested psychologically, or emotionally, in a vendor or product.
We need to be careful before we start to map out huge conspiracies involving members of the community.

This is very true. Lets not let the Yifu delays turn everyone in here against each other. We all want the same thing in the end,,our chips, and Im sure Th and all the others want that as well. They all have out of pocket money invested as well.

Activity: 228
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu
August 11, 2013, 11:34:35 AM
If you invent a money printing machine and fabricate it in Shenzhen, China, The Wo shing wo will sooner or later (batch 2) want a piece of the action.
it is not inconceivable to think that a naiive computer geek who knows nothing about security in such matters went over there only to have his pants pulled down. He has close to $10 million in bitcoin and needs to refund those chip buyers who request one.
Activity: 518
Hodl!
August 11, 2013, 11:32:26 AM
Examples are everywhere, with each vendor.   In most every case, there are real vested-interest shills, and then there are those who are simply vested psychologically, or emotionally, in a vendor or product.

Sometimes I just call out tinfoil hat BS when I see it, even when I don't give a crap about the product. Like my last post in here, just confirming that China does put exports through customs, even though that seems really strange to us.
legendary
August 11, 2013, 11:24:30 AM
Because he and others are "in" on the "delay". Over in the TH thread, the only two guys who are trying to deter talk are the guys who visited TH to prove to us they were legit. This same thing was noticed in another operation - that those who visited the site were trying to defend the "business" who was not delivering on their promise.

It's human nature to defend something that someone has grown close to, or something someone has come to support.  

This is very true. Lets not let the Yifu delays turn everyone in here against each other. We all want the same thing in the end,,our chips, and Im sure Th and all the others want that as well. They all have out of pocket money invested as well.
Activity: 294
August 11, 2013, 11:16:08 AM
Anybody know why Shenzhen Goldtech Electronics Co. can supply 100,000 Avalon chips per month?
http://http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/994289436/Avalon_chip_A3256_Q48_avalon_asic.html

This may have more to do with the people who work at the chip company running extra batches for themselves, which is STOP in China.

They are a reseller / trader. Don't even have stock.. Said to have in ten days. i doubt it though. (have chinese contact speaking with them directly, would buy with my contact hand over hand).
August 11, 2013, 11:15:56 AM

Activity: 294
August 11, 2013, 11:14:21 AM
What a load of BS, since when does a late shipment qualify as stealing?

Since when he is not allowed to engage in legal actions?

I starting to notice that you and others participants are trying to deter people to undertake legitimate ways to compensate their loss.

So, explain to us, why are you and others criticizing people which is trying to find a way to enforce their side of the agreement?

Well said.
There is nothing ever justifying being 5-7 weeks late on a 9-10 week promise. This is also a very time critic product. This is proven by current late batches, no one is successfully filling group buys, as there will be no roi 9-10 weeks from now..

Let me give a few examples:
Avalon:Customs are holding our chips
Well, cry. It is your export facility that is failing. Contact customs and arrange the problem. While you are at it, tell your clients WHY it is held in customs. (with proof). And then, suggest proper compensation for your lack of management skills.

Avalon:Half of our staff ran away
Well, cry. Again, not our problem. You work with b2b clients giving strict delivery deadlines.
And then, suggest proper compensation for your lack of management skills.

Avalon: The orders became to big for us in a short period of time
Well, cry. Again, your inbound order size shall not in any way, ever punish your clients. And then, suggest proper compensation for your lack of management skills.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 11, 2013, 11:08:52 AM

You will get your miner, you will just get it so late that the other guys who planned this whole thing will benefit greatly from your delay. they are too smart to totally f you over.

Still, I do not read a reasonable explanation of how legal actions could damage the situation for the buyers...

There are people which should be held liable for the buyer's losses. This is the consequence of trading with shady business. Why should the buyers be only the ones to have a loss when all variables to succeed were not exclusively under their control?
August 11, 2013, 11:07:32 AM
Anybody know why Shenzhen Goldtech Electronics Co. can supply 100,000 Avalon chips per month?
http://http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/994289436/Avalon_chip_A3256_Q48_avalon_asic.html
I may have to do with over-run corruption, it could be part of a number of chips BitSynCom paid to organized crime, it could be part of a genuine early shipment bought and paid for.  

All that's clear is that Avalon chips are rapidly commoditizing.

IF Yifu is dealing with some organized crime to make deals to get these chips made, that may be why he doesn't want to say much because he would then possibly be investigated and arrested.
August 11, 2013, 11:05:54 AM
I may have to do with over-run corruption, it could be part of a number of chips BitSynCom paid to organized crime, it could be part of a genuine early shipment bought and paid for.  

All that's clear is that Avalon chips are rapidly commoditizing.  The theft of your IP is one of the realities of doing business there if you can't secure protection at very important levels.
Pages:
Jump to: