Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 67. (Read 186691 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 03:32:32 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_time
I posted about lead time just as a reference for those looking out to sue.

Order Lead Time - Time from customer order received to customer order delivered.

LOL looks like they screwed them self up
yep and unfortunately thats what everyone based their production on,,,nice screenshot by the way
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
August 11, 2013, 03:29:37 PM

Order Lead Time - Time from customer order received to customer order delivered.

LOL looks like they screwed them self up
I can't see how it would differ from Pirateat40 case
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 11, 2013, 03:22:23 PM
I understand that. This is from the last Avalon update:

"We will take this time to fulfill a promise to announce the next generation chip 2 month ahead of schedule so potential buyers can make a decision. Soon we will be disabling the pre-order of Avalon Gen1 chips and only sell the remaining stock as we phase out old technology for a new 55nm, which goes on sale for immediate delivery at mid October 2013. This 55nm will retain the same physical dimension as the 110nm Gen1, only few pads were changed so getting them up and running requires very little change to existing design."

Unfortunately, we now have little reason to believe any of the above statement.  Even if sufficient credibility was intact, it is stated previously that BitSyncom will no longer be selling product which is not yet produced.

Plans & speculation have no value at this point, hardware in hand does.

Especially as Yifu alludes to selling off 'remaining stock', as if they are already in possession of a finite amount, in which if they are, where the hell are they even if a few are holidaying at customs?!

Also, why would anyone order 55nm from Bitsyncom, over Bitfury now?

Because many folks already have parts on hand to assemble Klondike, Burnin, and Avalon clones. The only thing missing is the Avalon chips.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Just another miner
August 11, 2013, 03:22:05 PM
Few thoughts to share and I am aware maybe not so many will agree with me while waiting my chips to arrive and reading various of comments, ideas and threats.

By buying chips from Avalon they never gave us any warranty that we will profit from such investment, and we shouldn't mix how they were setting the price of Avalon chip/unit with what we would like to earn. In business that include selling of product and delivering it from location A to B, it usually involves time needed for delivery. It looks like Avalon broke their own terms for lead time of delivery, or maybe they even didn't by not precisely stating what kind of lead time they were specifying. Here are few lead times descriptions from wikipedia:

Order Handling Time - Time from customer order received to sales order created.
    Manufacturing Lead Time - Time from sales order created to production finished (ready for delivery).
    Production Lead Time - Time from start of physical production of first submodule/part to production finished (ready for delivery).
    Delivery Lead Time - Time from production finished to customer order delivered.

For one that took any business for granted to be producing profit, it is clear that some of us know little about business world that consist of constant tries, fails and occasionally a success.
One thing is wishful thinking and other is making a success.
For sure I understand how sweet dream and unfulfilled desire to get rich and successful tastes once when you woke up in reality to see and realize all real life obstacles preventing you to live it and feel it.

What I also wanted to say it that we can't prove what Yifu had said as true or false, we can only guess.
What does bother me in his story is that he didn't backed up his claims with single shred of evidence.
200K of chips is nothing in comparison what they should/could produce having in mind demands and funds they have.
Where ended up 135 boxes of chips that we saw on the picture or maybe he isn't aware of such leak and feel no need to explain.
Why for God's sake all those delays? Straight and honest answer will do.

For the good things he wrote is Avalon distancing themselves from preorder type of sales.
Announcement of new gen chips,
Letting us know he is alive  Tongue

Let us wait for that week he mentioned, and one more after before going into Medieval period looking for witch to burn.

Activity: 532
August 11, 2013, 03:05:35 PM

"We will take this time to fulfill a promise to announce the next generation chip 2 month ahead of schedule so potential buyers can make a decision. Soon we will be disabling the pre-order of Avalon Gen1 chips and only sell the remaining stock as we phase out old technology for a new 55nm, which goes on sale for immediate delivery at mid October 2013. This 55nm will retain the same physical dimension as the 110nm Gen1, only few pads were changed so getting them up and running requires very little change to existing design."

Unfortunately, we now have little reason to believe any of the above statement.  Even if sufficient credibility was intact, it is stated previously that BitSyncom will no longer be selling product which is not yet produced.

Especially as Yifu alludes to selling off 'remaining stock', as if they are already in possession of a finite amount, in which if they are, where the hell are they even if a few are holidaying at customs?!

Also, why would anyone order 55nm from Bitsyncom, over Bitfury now?
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
August 11, 2013, 02:44:52 PM

3.  What action, that is possible today, will satisfy you?

3. Easy game: noticing authorities, hiring lawyer, request refund in law manner, yifu with huge fine or behind bars with Pirateat40, new bitsyncom investor noticed about shady practices breaks the deal, Yifu stuck with outdated 40nm chips, no money and a trial.
That's what he should get for stealing from bitcoin community. For all those lies, shipping delays, alibaba chips, refund delays, calculating price based on ROI and not delivering in promised time. I still  can't understand how 1 person could scam so many people and get away with it.

He should be buried in every possible way,there is no place to show who is better person now.

Do I understand, you want vengance?

No I want to throw more money at him. Clearly he deserve more trust and money from the community. Tbh I am not even mad for that all the proven mining with customers hardware form batch #2 and #3. Hail Yifu.

Where is your spine?
What is wrong with revenge anyway? He screwed us, so we should screw him up.
I am not very used to be bullied or robbed...

legendary
August 11, 2013, 02:44:05 PM
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
August 11, 2013, 02:35:25 PM
Thats who we need to get... Steven SeaGull.
Not Chuck Norris? Or David Hasselhoff?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 02:30:13 PM
Thats who we need to get... Steven SeaGull.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 11, 2013, 02:24:51 PM

Activity: 238
August 11, 2013, 02:07:02 PM
I don't think they have many chips. 
It's now-you-see-it-now-you-don't.  

alibaba is a nomads' bazaar, and Shenzhen is Mos Eisley.
legendary
August 11, 2013, 02:05:41 PM
I have a great Idea, I think the Klondike community as a whole, should designate pajak666 and vigil to be in charge of going after yifu and starting the legal proceedings against him and avalon. And report daily at a set time (in here) of their progress. Once the lawsuit is concluded, and restitution paid, (even if 3 years from now) we all can donate .001 BTC for all the effort we know they will put in to it.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
August 11, 2013, 02:01:27 PM
Anybody know why Shenzhen Goldtech Electronics Co. can supply 100,000 Avalon chips per month?
http://http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/994289436/Avalon_chip_A3256_Q48_avalon_asic.html

I don't think they have many chips.  From the link you provided:

Code:

There are 6 avalon A3256-Q48 from at least 0 supplier on Alibaba.com

legendary
August 11, 2013, 01:57:54 PM

3. Easy game: noticing authorities, hiring lawyer, request refund in law manner, yifu with huge fine or behind bars with Pirateat40, new bitsyncom investor noticed about shady practices breaks the deal, Yifu stuck with outdated 40nm chips, no money and a trial.
That's what he should get for stealing from bitcoin community. For all those lies, shipping delays, alibaba chips, refund delays, calculating price based on ROI and not delivering in promised time. I still  can't understand how 1 person could scam so many people and get away with it.

He should be buried in every possible way,there is no place to show who is better person now.

Now if I had to guess, I'd sure say so. lol
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
August 11, 2013, 01:51:34 PM

legendary
August 11, 2013, 01:43:40 PM
People have already spent 100s of hours designing boards and ordering parts for these chips.
Exactly so.  The root source of my personal disappointment and anger at Mr. YiFu is the economic damage done to these people.

For others to say, "oh, just forget about Gen 1, and fold those with gen 1 orders into gen2" ignores the effect on these efforts.

Also, to ship gen1 now can still provide such things as the Klondike boards in time for many to recover some of what had been hoped.

I'm not condoning what Avalon did. The way they handled bulk chip orders has been terrible, but that is water under the bridge at this point. You can't change the past.

The only question now is what is in the best interest of bulk chip buyers from this point forward.
well if nothing else, and assuming we never see the gen 1 chips for another month,,(for what ever reasons) then yes, at that point,,,then why not get the new chips if at same price and as was pointed out the new gen2 should be compatible with the basic klondike design.I dont know how many people/company's have actually had the new boards printed yet,,,so? I guess nothing is out of the question at this point. Not to say I would much rather have the gen 1 ship next week and be done with it! Smiley
Activity: 140
August 11, 2013, 01:43:19 PM

August 11, 2013, 01:40:25 PM
The only question now is what is in the best interest of bulk chip buyers from this point forward.
Agree.  And I don't think anyone is a "shill" if that would mean not boycotting BitSynCom if there were, going forward, some good things which could make some restitution of the damages done.
Activity: 742
August 11, 2013, 01:36:42 PM
People have already spent 100s of hours designing boards and ordering parts for these chips.
Exactly so.  The root source of my personal disappointment and anger at Mr. YiFu is the economic damage done to these people.

For others to say, "oh, just forget about Gen 1, and fold those with gen 1 orders into gen2" ignores the effect on these efforts.

Also, to ship gen1 now can still provide such things as the Klondike boards in time for many to recover some of what had been hoped.

I'm not condoning what Avalon did. The way they handled bulk chip orders has been terrible, but that is water under the bridge at this point. You can't change the past.

Would you rather take delivery of Gen1 chips at a guaranteed loss or switch to Gen2 chips and have a shot at making a profit? The window for any kind of ROI for Gen1 chips appears to be ~4 weeks at the current rate of difficulty increases.
August 11, 2013, 01:34:06 PM

EDIT: While I was typing, post just above this one was made, indicating a high degree of compatibility between chips across generations was made.  Even so, there is a saying about birds in hand...
Pages:
Jump to: