Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 71. (Read 186691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
August 10, 2013, 04:37:39 PM
What I find puzzling is how Yifu delays chips for 6 weeks, and gets shit all over, but people are STILL buying from BFL who's shipping YEARS late.  Baffles me.
Both situations suck, but you'd think BFL taught people a little patience.

BFL have publicly stated their entire order backlog would be resolved by end of September. We have no reason to distrust them.

A little bit more patience is all that is asked. Lets be reasonable.
My coffee was just ejected out of my nose after I read this. I am going to sue you for flying ejecta and burnt nasal cavities!
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2013, 04:36:34 PM

I guess you two ordered like 2 chips together? 1 x K1 for each of you?
I can not believe that someone with larger ammount of chips stolen would make such comments.

pajak666 has been sending me PMs.  He seems very unhappy with my posting content.  This post may not make him happier.

I won't reveal a PM; however I point out that my avatar is my real image, and my nick is clearly related to my real life identity.  I stand behind what I post.

I also spent about 10-15 years being very angry, and the justification for that anger was strong.  But anger only eats up the angry person from the inside.  I have been cheated, I have been slandered, I have been shot; anger kept me tied in the past, to events that were a permanent part of my history and which I could not change.  I have chosen that I will go forward in a productive way.  I will make my decisions on what is, and not what I believe should have been.

I have made a real life decision that no amount of angst about bitcoins will match:  I had the death penalty decision in a Texas court about the man who shot us in my lap.  From that perspective, many postings here are temper tantrums from whiny children who need to grow up.

I originally thought I could make perhaps $16,000 / month with each Batch #2 Avalon delivered in March.  That money would have been very helpful in my life.  I am personally in touch with the reality and the implications of shipping delays.

I have a few questions for pajak666.
1.  How much do you have at risk?
2.  How much did you project that you would make in the next year from item #1?
3.  What action, that is possible today, will satisfy you?

If you cannot be satisfied, then you are the troll.  If you can be satisfied, then articulate what you want.  Keep in mind that it will not seem feasible to receive chips tomorrow, nor to receive a refund yesterday. 

Also, with no regard whatsoever as to whether you believe Yufi, it will work best for you to read his words exactly and to construct your responses as if they are literally true.  If they are true, then you are ahead of the game.  If they are not true, you will maneuver him into a corner.  In time, more facts will emerge;  I plan not to look the fool when they do.

If his words are true and you spread FUD, you, and not he, are the bad actor.

As someone who has been shot and watched a daughter die, I have a very hard line on postings that advocate violence.  They are across the line.  No amount of hand waving that they are a joke or you were angry, or thoughtless, or drunk, or that you apologize will repair their cumulative damage.  They are simply wrong.

With no regard whatsoever to the idea that I have been harmed to the level of $16,000 or $30,000 by shipping delays, it harms the future value of my bitcoins for the community to act like jerks.  If bitcoins are a niche thing that only angry anarchist use, they are wortheless, and if our community postings make us seem that way, we jeopardize the adoption in real commerce and it would not matter whether you can mine today or not. 

Quit peeing in the pool.

Hey I'm with ya brother, Like you, I have been around the block many times many ways..one thing I have learned is: there is always one in every crowd, I think we have identified that one.
Yes I also have money on the line here with the avalons..no chips no earnings yet Sad
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 10, 2013, 04:15:48 PM

I have thought about the boycott and i've come to the conclusion that it's either useless or it can make things worse than they are.

We really don't matter anymore. From a business point of view BitSyncom did a very good job. Used forum's money to start up his business and to become an important voice in bitcoin mining. I think the chips sales say it all: ~200k chips from the forum and ~600k or ~800k outside of the forum. Now he has the money to do whatever he want without our help since he attracted so much attention. Also the only people BitSyncom was grateful were the Avalon Batch 1 people; even to the FPGA people he was partially grateful to be their clients. From Avalon Batch 2 people ever since BitSyncom treated his customers like shit even if he pretends to be "the good guy". Thankfully new ASIC companies are entering the market while BitSyncom boycotts himself. Kudos!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
August 10, 2013, 04:10:39 PM

I can not believe that someone with larger ammount of chips stolen would make such comments.

pajak666 has been sending me PMs.  He seems very unhappy with my posting content.  This post may not make him happier.

I won't reveal a PM; however I point out that my avatar is my real image, and my nick is clearly related to my real life identity.  I stand behind what I post.

I also spent about 10-15 years being very angry, and the justification for that anger was strong.  But anger only eats up the angry person from the inside.  I have been cheated, I have been slandered, I have been shot; anger kept me tied in the past, to events that were a permanent part of my history and which I could not change.  I have chosen that I will go forward in a productive way.  I will make my decisions on what is, and not what I believe should have been.

I have made a real life decision that no amount of angst about bitcoins will match:  I had the death penalty decision in a Texas court about the man who shot us in my lap.  From that perspective, many postings here are temper tantrums from whiny children who need to grow up.

I originally thought I could make perhaps $16,000 / month with each Batch #2 Avalon delivered in March.  That money would have been very helpful in my life.  I am personally in touch with the reality and the implications of shipping delays.

I have a few questions for pajak666.
1.  How much do you have at risk?
2.  How much did you project that you would make in the next year from item #1?
3.  What action, that is possible today, will satisfy you?

If you cannot be satisfied, then you are the troll.  If you can be satisfied, then articulate what you want.  Keep in mind that it will not seem feasible to receive chips tomorrow, nor to receive a refund yesterday. 

Also, with no regard whatsoever as to whether you believe Yufi, it will work best for you to read his words exactly and to construct your responses as if they are literally true.  If they are true, then you are ahead of the game.  If they are not true, you will maneuver him into a corner.  In time, more facts will emerge;  I plan not to look the fool when they do.

If his words are true and you spread FUD, you, and not he, are the bad actor.

As someone who has been shot and watched a daughter die, I have a very hard line on postings that advocate violence.  They are across the line.  No amount of hand waving that they are a joke or you were angry, or thoughtless, or drunk, or that you apologize will repair their cumulative damage.  They are simply wrong.

With no regard whatsoever to the idea that I have been harmed to the level of $16,000 or $30,000 by shipping delays, it harms the future value of my bitcoins for the community to act like jerks.  If bitcoins are a niche thing that only angry anarchist use, they are wortheless, and if our community postings make us seem that way, we jeopardize the adoption in real commerce and it would not matter whether you can mine today or not. 

Quit peeing in the pool.

legendary
August 10, 2013, 04:09:30 PM

Nah we split 1, times are hard ya know....
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
August 10, 2013, 03:59:13 PM
BFL have publicly stated their entire order backlog would be resolved by end of September. We have no reason to distrust them.

They also have publicly stated their entire order backlog would be cleared by the end of august, as already pointed out.

Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
August 10, 2013, 03:34:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
August 10, 2013, 03:12:23 PM

He could've gone with chips are lost at sea  Sad

Others on Why-I-Eff-You's list:
[ ] Two more weeks
[ ] Please read carefully, it's not "NO" Bullshit, it's "MO" Bullshit
[ ] Chips are "stuck in customs"
[ ] It's sabotage, I tell you!  
[ ] Our funds are stuck at Mt. Gox too, we've been waiting for xfers since June
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 10, 2013, 02:44:36 PM
What I find puzzling is how Yifu delays chips for 6 weeks, and gets shit all over, but people are STILL buying from BFL who's shipping YEARS late.  Baffles me.

No reason to distrust them?  How many times were BFL customers told "Two More Weeks"TM?  Are you fucking serious?

Edit: Just saw your signature; maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post.

LOL!

Guys... we may have to add terrhash to this list of likely failures
legendary
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 10, 2013, 02:39:59 PM

No reason to distrust them?  How many times were BFL customers told "Two More Weeks"TM?  Are you fucking serious?

Edit: Just saw your signature; maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 10, 2013, 02:36:17 PM

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 10, 2013, 02:30:07 PM

legendary
legendary
August 10, 2013, 01:05:42 PM
No, you were wrong, no need to explain again. And for your even stupider responses, you get ignored, congratulations!

Actually, you're even wronger: BTC value going up will attract new miners, especially if it means it can cover electricity bills that are paid in fiat. Thus higher difficulty.
Iits attracting new miners every day!! Im not going to try to explain in this thread economics (which i was about to)... point less, but it seems you all have your panties in a wad over yifu, for an intellegent discussion,,ttyl  have a nice day
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
August 10, 2013, 01:03:08 PM
I wish eveyone would quit freaking out over the difficulty level....a small rise in BTC value say to 110 or 120 will more than make up the difference in daily earned BTC.
Why is is UTTERLY STUPID economic argument always end up being posted? BTC value does not matter because you could have bought BTC and sat on it instead. So if you don't achieve ROI in BTC terms, you lost, no matter the price.
lol, I guess i have to re explain my point ,,, obviously I threw an air ball...

No, no there is no need to explain Pankkake is 100% right and you are 100% wrong, but you did throw and air ball, that part is correct.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
August 10, 2013, 01:02:58 PM
If I had bought bitcoins and sat on them I would have missed out on the best time to mine I0Coins, GRouPcoins and any other merged mined coins that for whatever reason a lot of miners had been overlooking. Already now it is too late to mine GRouPcoins easily and I0Coins also are rapidly going up in difficulty. Soon it might be too late also for CoiLedCoins and GeistGeld which right now thanks to block eruptors I can still pick up quick before the bulk of miners jump on those too.

These delays are making block eruptors maybe a little less of a dubious "investment" than they would have been had these chips arrived five weeks ago.

Screwing us all out of even our late-arriving klondike boards could leave us still having to plug the gap with eruptors, we already know almost no ASIC maker gets their ASICs out in time, yet people now want to scrap all the investment we have made into getting something at least slightly more economical than the eruptors because they think all the other pie in the sky makers will start delivering pies on time?

Also lets not forget that the best way to buy bitcoins is via your local electricity supplier, buying from your own little bitcoin shop known as a mining rig. You don't seriously expect anyone to deal with e.g. MtGox, do you?

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: