Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 73. (Read 186691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
August 10, 2013, 08:04:16 AM
Just keep in mind that when things break down, the poll you insist on having, can become a double edged sword which cuts both ways.

(I like all of you group buy hosts and if you know the least of human nature this will obviously turn out badly for everyone involved.)

PuertoLibre = Master Avalon shill.

What BitSyncom is doing is also, or even worse than BFL...

PuertoLibre, please, put your very smart BFL threat advice to BitSyncom now...cause we have a new (scam) Champ' here Wink
@ fractal

You probably think I am an actual shill. I am not stopping anyone from pursuing what they think is the best course of action. But you can't blame me for pointing out the obvious.

My best advice to Yifu is to do exactly what BFL never really does. Open up to your customers and rather than try to reason with them about this screw up, just tell them what exactly comes next. Avoiding it will not resolve anything.

-------------------------

Fractal, if you really think no one is even thinking about going after the group buy hosts with legal recourse, you really don't live in reality.

It is super obvious. When things go to hell the first person to typically run is the one with the most responsibility. If they are publicly portraying that Yifu is fooked, what does that say about themselves in this picture?

Most group buy hosts made alot of money from actually being the host. About 1 BTC per every hundred chips. (some made even more)

Do they really think that somehow they are going to deflect the crap off themselves and unto Yifu for very long by agitating the crowd into a final decision?

----------------------------

In case you aren't aware, some of the Group Buy Hosts are the most talented in DIY hardware talent. If they go under then what does that mean for future open source hardware?

Some of you can't think beyond the tip of your own nose, apparently.

The consequences of that course of action is pretty obvious.

(Master BFL Shill/Master Avalon Shill)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
August 10, 2013, 07:56:51 AM
Just keep in mind that when things break down, the poll you insist on having, can become a double edged sword which cuts both ways.

(I like all of you group buy hosts and if you know the least of human nature this will obviously turn out badly for everyone involved.)

PuertoLibre, please, put your very smart BFL threat advice to BitSyncom now...cause we have a new (scam) Champ' here Wink

PL = ASIC horse race winner (made the right choice backing Avalon B1) has likely made thousands of dollars from his initial $1300 USD investment and at one point (maybe not currently I don't really know) appeared to be, unsurprisingly a Yifu fanbois.

I'm stone cold guessing here but he could be sitting on a nice little stash of BTC quietly waiting for Avalon Gen2 devices and cheap resale ASICS.

Not sure you will see the passionate disdain for Avalon he openly showed for BFL, just saying.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
August 10, 2013, 07:44:27 AM

legendary
August 10, 2013, 07:37:14 AM

legendary
August 10, 2013, 07:32:29 AM
I recommend that you open a new thread for this specifically.

Just keep in mind, if you poll for a refund, you are going to be bringing pressure on your own self as the intermediary. I hope you and the other group buy hosts are fully aware of this as playing with fire can get your own ass burned.

If those who are affected are told to "go to Yifu" to deal with the problem, it will be only a momentary distraction/deflection. You yourself are the host of a group buy which means it's also your own problem to hash out. (pun intended)

------------------

So tread with care because you are looking for trouble if you expect customers to side with you (and not against you) on recovery of funds. They will do whatever they have to, to get their money back. Do not be surprised if the group buy hosts become the primary target of such refund requests.

-----------------

Which begs the question, are you (the group buy hosts) going to stick around through thick and thin or will you pull a "Yifu" of your own when shit-hits-the-fan?

You should discuss with your own escrow agent (probably John) a game plan for the release of your own private details. Made available upon request for anyone looking for a legal settlement.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2013, 06:42:58 AM

BOYCOTT CALL.

Just the Facts

Many of the community have invested in these chips at a time when AVALON had elevated themselves into arguably the top slot for BTC mining equipment. So far they have delivered 1 batch of chips to their "western" customer base and they were some 4 weeks overdue.

Their "No Bullshit" terms of sale have not been followed; sample/developer chips provided 4 weeks after payment of order didnt happen. Shipping of chips 9-10 weeks after payment didnt happen. They are clearly in violation of their own terms of sale and therefore must offer a full refund to those purchasers requesting such.

Whatever you have been told, their statement "No refunds" does not waive our statutory rights as consumers. I am a large shareholder in a group buy who have already requested a refund and have not received any reply. This is simply not acceptable from a company who has taken $millions of our money. Our group has realised that this 6+ week in delay and counting has effectively made the chips worthless to us.

If the majority of shareholders in group buys decide that they will be wasting more money for fabrication costs and having no chance of seeing a ROI, then perhaps, its time to demand a full REFUND from BitSyncom,  after all there are other companies which can likely deliver sooner and represent a more favourable investment.

I would urge all batch leaders to poll your group buy members and find out what THEY want, if a large number of group buy leaders request a refund, there will have to start addressing the issue. BitSyncom need to understand that they need to open up channels of communication and address this serious issue which affects hundreds if not thousands of consumers.

If this situation continues for much longer, the chips will not be worth their initial cost + development cost.

If you have any information about BitSyncom, full personal details,addresses (for legal communication), telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, Links to their personal media pages, personal future appointments at events (dates and locations), any info which will help to make contact, please post it on this thread.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 10, 2013, 05:53:28 AM
Libertarians aren't anarchists. Free market proponents uphold contract law.
anarchists also uphold contract law. The difference is in the way they each choose to do so. Libertarians choose a limited government, whereas anarchists believe in the use of the market to develop ways to solve contract disputes or the individual can do it.

"Yifu is a four letter word."
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
August 10, 2013, 05:44:41 AM

It's because people's greed overrides common sense, in other industries you wouldn't do pre-payments  for months or year in advance! The sellers have preying on the fear of increasing difficulty to drown out logical thinking.

Not a greed, people too much believe in delivery time claims.
Activity: 238
August 10, 2013, 05:39:10 AM
I already decided that if my BFL unit ever actually showed up(don't worry im still pushing for my refund...but u know how it is...), it has no place in my home.. it would only be a constant reminder of their evil.. and sadly these chips are going the same way.. which is a shame because the board designers have done an awesome job of them, so I hope it doesn't end up in the same bucket.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 10, 2013, 05:13:50 AM
The less the others buy - the more we can :-)

Not if thier website never works........hint hint  Roll Eyes
g83
Activity: 448
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
August 10, 2013, 05:06:47 AM
The less the others buy - the more we can :-)
Activity: 252
August 10, 2013, 04:59:10 AM
Some of you seem quite angry... here's a meme for you

/thread
Activity: 533
August 10, 2013, 03:45:09 AM
dw yifu, i think you get no more pdfs in mail and no more visits
if you only keep the promises, there should be no problems in future

I agree, slight delays happens in real world, its inevitable.
Activity: 490
August 10, 2013, 03:31:03 AM
I don't believe they will shipped out all the Avalon Chips end of  next week. Anyone dare to bet they will shipped out All of the chips end of next week?? by and before August 18th 2013??

They'll probably leave manufacturer at the end of next week and then end up in customs for awhile.

So YES figuratively but NO literally

I bought hundreds of gigahash worth of avalon chips.  If they conform to approximately to the most recent time-frame statements, I would not be too dissatisfied TBH.

We don't need to stir the pot.  Boycotts are one thing and perfectly okay, but if we sue Bitsyn our BTC will pay for his lawyers for a long drawn out trial. I'll bet all my bitcoins that lawsuit = terribly delayed chips

KEEP CALM
AND
CARRY ON

People will buy your preorder slots at more than what you paid at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, sell your chip orders.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 10, 2013, 03:18:23 AM
I'll be updating Avalon's Scam Accusation thread with the shocking new information revealed in this thread.

Thanks to the OPs.

AVALON Scam Accusation thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-scam-accusation-thread-258829

Activity: 557
Merit: 101
August 10, 2013, 02:58:51 AM
Libertarians aren't anarchists. Free market proponents uphold contract law.
erk
Activity: 826
August 10, 2013, 02:38:39 AM
If you haven't watched this video, then you should. Actually I found this very impressive. Yifu obviously knows his shit" this is one of the best question and answer sessions I have seen in recent memory. I wouldn't under estimate this guy in terms of his abilty.  This was just a little over 9 weeks ago. So pull up a chair, grab a beer or coffee or both Smiley and listen to how he addresses things. Pretty darn smart for a young guy.  He has accomplished more than I first gave him credit for. Until now in my mind he was just the guy with the asic chips etc. Found this 25 minute video very interesting in many ways, in contrast to what has been being said in here. Guess if we dont like how he operates then we can always start our own asic machine building company Smiley enjoy..meet mr. yifu lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc

It's quite obvious from that video that Yufi thinks mining with the gear is more profitable than selling it, I disagree, but it may be that Avalon is far too slow at selling and building gear which leads him to that conclusion.

Activity: 238
August 10, 2013, 12:36:46 AM
You seem to be confused.  Fraud is a criminal matter, not the product of regulation.  For that matter, contracts are a civil matter, also not part of regulation.

No, you seem confused. Civil and criminal laws are what make up regulations.

If a regulation requires you to do "X" then it means there is some law that says if you don't do "X" then you have to go to jail or pay a fine or maybe will be liable in a lawsuit.

In some cases laws are passed and require lower level people in government to do 'rule making', which can be complicated and unnecessary.
Activity: 378
August 10, 2013, 12:28:48 AM
If you haven't watched this video, then you should. Actually I found this very impressive. Yifu obviously knows his shit" this is one of the best question and answer sessions I have seen in recent memory. I wouldn't under estimate this guy in terms of his abilty.  This was just a little over 9 weeks ago. So pull up a chair, grab a beer or coffee or both Smiley and listen to how he addresses things. Pretty darn smart for a young guy.  He has accomplished more than I first gave him credit for. Until now in my mind he was just the guy with the asic chips etc. Found this 25 minute video very interesting in many ways, in contrast to what has been being said in here. Guess if we dont like how he operates then we can always start our own asic machine building company Smiley enjoy..meet mr. yifu lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc

It certainly takes a lot of dedication and technical knowledge to pull this off, but not impressed.
Pages:
Jump to: