Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO]-Crypto Stamps- Collectable Blockchain postage stamps - page 52. (Read 30803 times)

Activity: 264
Merit: 72
cryptoenthusiast, artist, BTC propagandist!
..also the cancellation ink does not touch the 2nd stamp on on the left side of the envelope.

But in fact, most workers at an Austrian post office don't really care and just do whatever they think is the fastest way to get to the next customer. just like nearly anywhere else in the world. I don't think that someone intentionally tried to fake anything here.. I am pretty positive that 10 out of 10 crypto stamp envelopes would end up with a black cancellation in a regular post office today Wink

The 2nd stamp is a "mini-sheet"... probably it's the only original stuff of the whole envelope.
I am not surprised that cancellation ink has not taken the stamp, but only a portion of the mini-sheet.

don‘t want to be mean or so, but you really don‘t know what you are talking. You are not from Austria and you don‘t have a clue how everything works here. This is totally legit! Lots of collectors want mailed and ordinary stamps because it is the purpose9f a stamp. the black ink stamp is a normal stamp and this is the way a stamp looks here
Activity: 845
Merit: 267
I’d come out of collectible retirement for this

yeh I am getting interested too  Wink
copper member
Activity: 507
Merit: 118
I’d come out of collectible retirement for this
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Awesome! Thankyou!
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
Smiley Hi Everyone
Some news came out.

Source : https://crypto.post.at/

legendary
I am excited when and how the new Crypto stamps 2.0 will look.

https://crypto.post.at/

Great to hear! Looking forward to the new issue. Thanks for sharing!
legendary
Activity: 3794
Merit: 2499
I am excited when and how the new Crypto stamps 2.0 will look.

https://crypto.post.at/

Activity: 37
Merit: 13
Yes but the actual stamp is in the middle, it is still valid to use for postage if removed from the block.

I am still in Vienna for a few weeks, maybe I should try how they cancel a crypto stamps nowadays.. it is kind of amazing how much I learned about stamps and FDC since the crypto stamp came out. maybe I should show my favorite covers here. Smiley

BTW, Many oldschool stamp collectors here in Austria did not like the crypto stamp at all and I don't get their problem. this is the best way to get new people into stamp and FDC collecting. Same for 3rd party stamp shops in Vienna.. I had the feeling some of them got pissed off when I asked about any crypto stamp collectables Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
..also the cancellation ink does not touch the 2nd stamp on on the left side of the envelope.

But in fact, most workers at an Austrian post office don't really care and just do whatever they think is the fastest way to get to the next customer. just like nearly anywhere else in the world. I don't think that someone intentionally tried to fake anything here.. I am pretty positive that 10 out of 10 crypto stamp envelopes would end up with a black cancellation in a regular post office today Wink

The 2nd stamp is a "mini-sheet"... probably it's the only original stuff of the whole envelope.
I am not surprised that cancellation ink has not taken the stamp, but only a portion of the mini-sheet.

legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53944325
I have found a fake fdc on ebay .... @tweetious thanks for share!

thats nit fake but not FDC either. just a normal letter sent with a crypto stamp

There are many hints that this cover has been modified by some con-artist.... since there are too many ringing bells!

- As reported before these stamps should have a non-washable red stamping ink ...
- take a look on upper right part of cancellation, or cancellation on white envelope:
It seems painted with a pen also (flickering trait), and is not a circle.
There is not any signs on crypto-stamp itself.
- there is not any postal rate so high for a "normal shipment" (why spend so much money for a not registered/insured cover?).
- other collectors have the same feelings. it was sold at just 25 euro (!)... just as a black crypto stamp (mint)...
legendary
Hi, the German information about the ink color used for crypto stamps can be found here: http://www.kosel.com/c/sh/d.p?l=de;0=AT3491BR;r=index

in case the link does not work here is the text:
"Um zu verhindern, daß diiese Marken mehrmals verwendet werden, dürfen die Cryptomarken nur mit einer speziellen, nicht abwaschbaren roten Stempelfarbe abgestempelt werden. Auch bei Auflieferung bei einem anderen Postamt werden die Marken daher dorthin befördert, wo die rote Farbe verfügbar ist. Bei beiden Crypto-Marken handelt es sich um solche, deren digitale Version schwarz/silber ist."

Translated

In order to prevent these stamps from being used several times, the crypto stamps may only be stamped with a special, non-washable red stamping ink. Even when delivered to another post office, the stamps are therefore transported to where the red color is available. Both crypto brands are those whose digital version is black / silver
Hi, the German information about the ink color used for crypto stamps can be found here: http://www.kosel.com/c/sh/d.p?l=de;0=AT3491BR;r=index

in case the link does not work here is the text:
"Um zu verhindern, daß diiese Marken mehrmals verwendet werden, dürfen die Cryptomarken nur mit einer speziellen, nicht abwaschbaren roten Stempelfarbe abgestempelt werden. Auch bei Auflieferung bei einem anderen Postamt werden die Marken daher dorthin befördert, wo die rote Farbe verfügbar ist. Bei beiden Crypto-Marken handelt es sich um solche, deren digitale Version schwarz/silber ist."

I was mailed two seperate regular black stamp to the USA and both arrived and also both had black cancellations

just the first day stamps are red - („Ersttag is black) —- Normal cancellation stamps are black.
legendary
I was mailed two seperate regular black stamp to the USA and both arrived and also both had black cancellations
According to one of the biggest stamp collector shops in Vienna there should not be any black ink on any crypto stamp because it is not permanent on its surface. They say that there is an internal post rule to pass any crypto stamp letter on to a dispatch center that has red ink.. I don't know if that rule exists or was ever enforced.

For me it makes no sense to use any crypto stamp in regular mail today.. It is not fake or something special and I personally would not collect it. Better wait for crypto stamp 2 and get its special ink on..

By the way, did anyone else send crypto FDC around the world and got like 20% of them disappearing? I sent about 25 and 5 of those registered/certified letters are lost. All of them sent to the US Sad

thats nit fake but not FDC either. just a normal letter sent with a crypto stamp
Activity: 1966
Merit: 376
Cryptoshi Blockomoto
Thank you Tweetious for the beautifull pictures.

Do you have a spare item 1, first picture, please.

nope, that's the only one that I have
legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
Thank you Tweetious for the beautifull pictures.

Do you have a spare item 1, first picture, please.

Pages:
Jump to: