Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W - page 25. (Read 55197 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 16, 2017, 09:39:08 AM
Can't wait to see a finished a5 dashmaster in action. Will be pretty sad for those people who paid 10k if it's even a third below its spec.

I was already all set and ready to pay $10k for an A5 pre-order, and my wife stopped me...I am glad that she did so...
now i am not sure 10k for one A5 could get ROI for how many months? or ever ROI? Undecided Lips sealed Embarrassed
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 16, 2017, 09:19:04 AM
Those problems all seem to stem from temperature issues that the miner is being subjected to.  They are letting the machine run hot which is triggering the software to lower it's settings. That's why they are all reporting 7gh/s or 8gh/s.  Once the temperature was lowered, they were getting the expected hashrate of 11gh/s
Activity: 294
August 16, 2017, 06:20:47 AM
Are these shipping yet?

if so what is the timeline on units that may have shipped

and/or

future batches ship dates?

curious

Inno's batch 1 does not ship until October.  On their web site they are setting up for pre-orders for batch 2 with a November ship date.  So we are still talking quite some time yet before they start shipping.

And we don't know whether or not it will meet the specs right?

Yes, that will be true for all of these miners that have just been announced.  We won't know how stable, reliable, hash rate, or real power consumption will be until the first production units are out.  So it is a big gamble with all of these.

So far I have only seen very short video of the DM11G and the Pinidea 17ghs units running.  But to short to be very meaningful.  I think a lot of us were hoping to see some of these miners in action by now from iBelink.   

Go to Dash forum Ibelink support and you can see a lot Dm11g posting problems with miners. Some are mining at 7.5 ghs some at 8 ghs a few dead boards. IT seems Ibelink does not have best quality control and if 1 of you boards fails owner has  to do the board removal which sounds like a PITA.

Yikeeesss!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 54
August 16, 2017, 06:00:03 AM
Can't wait to see a finished a5 dashmaster in action. Will be pretty sad for those people who paid 10k if it's even a third below its spec.
Activity: 144
August 15, 2017, 06:22:52 PM
Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

Inno's batch 1 does not ship until October.  On their web site they are setting up for pre-orders for batch 2 with a November ship date.  So we are still talking quite some time yet before they start shipping.

Yes, that will be true for all of these miners that have just been announced.  We won't know how stable, reliable, hash rate, or real power consumption will be until the first production units are out.  So it is a big gamble with all of these.

So far I have only seen very short video of the DM11G and the Pinidea 17ghs units running.  But to short to be very meaningful.  I think a lot of us were hoping to see some of these miners in action by now from iBelink.   

Go to Dash forum Ibelink support and you can see a lot Dm11g posting problems with miners. Some are mining at 7.5 ghs some at 8 ghs a few dead boards. IT seems Ibelink does not have best quality control and if 1 of you boards fails owner has  to do the board removal which sounds like a PITA.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
August 15, 2017, 02:03:57 PM
Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

August 15, 2017, 02:00:39 PM
Activity: 16
August 15, 2017, 10:09:59 AM
August 15, 2017, 09:21:51 AM
Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

August 15, 2017, 09:06:55 AM
Nice piece, but price is too high ,for mind $7000 would
 be reasonable

Price is not the issue, IF they could ship it right now or even in September...they can charge even $15k if people can get it today
But, in Oct or even Nov? excuse me, who pays $10k for this will definitely wait for a long long long time to get ROI... Shocked
August 15, 2017, 06:21:59 AM
Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
August 15, 2017, 05:01:17 AM
Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

Activity: 48
August 15, 2017, 04:40:03 AM
Nice piece, but price is too high ,for mind $7000 would
 be reasonable
Activity: 238
August 15, 2017, 03:18:59 AM
30gh @750w is way over optimistic. knowing how A4 ended in fiasco, my guess is it's going to be 20gh @ 1500w i say this because they haven't tested the chip yet and everything they advertise is based on simulation tests.

....And it will sound like you have moved next to an airport. The fan on the PSU @ 1600w alone will sound like an industrial park. And 1600w is probably low for 85% efficiency. Good luck finding a power supply, and with the household noise complaints. Grin

Your girlfriend does not care what DASH is. She cannot hear the TV. Roll Eyes

Fucking kek, this is so true. My girlfriend hates that humming/screaming noise coming from my other ASIC

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up??? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-Airflow-New-4-x-12-Noise-Reducer-Silencer-D3-L3-S9-APW3-/192275628652?hash=item2cc485426c:g:TD8AAOSwBppZkPey

Muffle it.. lol.

From the link above.........

Brand New 4" x 12" Noise Reducer for use with Bitmain Antminer D3, L3+, L3, T9, S9, and S7.

Antminers are quite loud, with recent batches testing up to 85 Decibels per unit. For comfort, convenience, and to keep your loved ones or landlord happy, simply attach a duct with our noise reducer to your miner.

Bitmain has designed Antminers with a 4" exhaust that can be connected to the high durability, semi-rigid aluminum ducts that we offer in another listing and in our Ebay store. You simply clamp the ducts onto the miners in order to redirect the hot air away from the intake. You can direct the hot air out of a nearby window using a vent. You can also connect multiple ducts together before attaching to a vent, thus ensuring all heat exhaust is properly contained and disposed. 

Additionally, you can use this noise reducer to help absorb the sound of the Antminer intake and exhaust fans. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Remember, ANTMINERS ARE LOUD BECAUSE THEY HAVE TWO FANS - one on the intake and one on the exhaust - for this reason, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TWO SILENCERS PER ANTMINER. 

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAAHA

85 Db and you need two...you might be better off buying a bag of marbles and throwing them at family members that mention the noise. Until they leave. Roll Eyes

That is hearing damage levels over time...they should be selling these attached with the product for safe use.

Activity: 203
August 15, 2017, 12:32:40 AM
The hashrate is monster but if based on cost vs the antminer, it 3x times price of antminer d3 Sad
Activity: 280
August 15, 2017, 12:10:25 AM

I wonder if this concept works well, hopefully someone puts up a vid about these tubes Smiley
From what i read the material they used there is mostly recommended to avoid reflections of sound in rooms or so.
In the industrial environment they use massive rubber-foam-mats to silence machines. These mats are heavy.
Building an enclosure for the miners should be much more cheap than these muffle-thingies.
Will see which solution i go with in the end. After all winter is coming and free heating is always good Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
August 14, 2017, 11:48:04 PM
30gh @750w is way over optimistic. knowing how A4 ended in fiasco, my guess is it's going to be 20gh @ 1500w i say this because they haven't tested the chip yet and everything they advertise is based on simulation tests.

....And it will sound like you have moved next to an airport. The fan on the PSU @ 1600w alone will sound like an industrial park. And 1600w is probably low for 85% efficiency. Good luck finding a power supply, and with the household noise complaints. Grin

Fucking kek, this is so true. My girlfriend hates that humming/screaming noise coming from my other ASIC

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up???  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-Airflow-New-4-x-12-Noise-Reducer-Silencer-D3-L3-S9-APW3-/192275628652?hash=item2cc485426c:g:TD8AAOSwBppZkPey

Muffle it.. lol.

I knew as soon as the louder miners showed up I was going to need some hearing protection.  So I went looking for some of those hearing protectors for loud noises like shooting guns and stuff.  I have to say they work pretty good, I can barely hear HER whining and complaining anymore...  LOL

Grin Grin Grin thanks for the good laugh.

Quick question why dont these guys make a larger diameter fan attachment as optional 360 or 480 or even 840mm.
That way you dont try to suck in the entire world in one go and shit it out the other.
August 14, 2017, 11:26:13 PM

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up??? 

Muffle it.. lol.

I knew as soon as the louder miners showed up I was going to need some hearing protection.  So I went looking for some of those hearing protectors for loud noises like shooting guns and stuff.  I have to say they work pretty good, I can barely hear HER whining and complaining anymore...  LOL
Activity: 122
August 14, 2017, 11:20:09 PM

Muffle it.. lol.
August 14, 2017, 10:54:02 PM
Ok, I am losing my mind... but I am putting some feelers out to see who might be interested in a Pinidea group buy...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20883360

If you might be interested please post to that thread and lets see where it might lead.
Pages:
Jump to: