Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W - page 26. (Read 55197 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 14, 2017, 10:47:40 PM
30gh @750w is way over optimistic. knowing how A4 ended in fiasco, my guess is it's going to be 20gh @ 1500w i say this because they haven't tested the chip yet and everything they advertise is based on simulation tests.

....And it will sound like you have moved next to an airport. The fan on the PSU @ 1600w alone will sound like an industrial park. And 1600w is probably low for 85% efficiency. Good luck finding a power supply, and with the household noise complaints. Grin

Your girlfriend does not care what DASH is. She cannot hear the TV. Roll Eyes

Fucking kek, this is so true. My girlfriend hates that humming/screaming noise coming from my other ASIC

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up??? 

They like it when you pay for something online with shitcoins, and then it arrives in a couple days in real life. But they always have that grimace when it is discussed or someone makes the mistake of asking what the noise is.

My baikals are pretty tame. I have a server cupboard to put them in that ''looks nice'' and this reduces the noise.

But I am not running a farm of ibelink turboprops in my living room. Good luck with the five minute window you have to ROI on those as well.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
August 14, 2017, 10:07:24 PM
30gh @750w is way over optimistic. knowing how A4 ended in fiasco, my guess is it's going to be 20gh @ 1500w i say this because they haven't tested the chip yet and everything they advertise is based on simulation tests.

....And it will sound like you have moved next to an airport. The fan on the PSU @ 1600w alone will sound like an industrial park. And 1600w is probably low for 85% efficiency. Good luck finding a power supply, and with the household noise complaints. Grin

Fucking kek, this is so true. My girlfriend hates that humming/screaming noise coming from my other ASIC

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up??? 
Activity: 196
August 14, 2017, 09:39:27 PM

Activity: 238
August 14, 2017, 09:35:48 PM

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
August 14, 2017, 04:05:30 PM
I agree with you folks on the hash rate case.
I don't think they even had a whole hash board prototype ready when they announced technical specs.
August 14, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

Agreed, there is a huge difference between how a single chip tests on a bench vs how it runs packaged on hash boards with other chips.  We saw that pretty clearly with the A4 that the chip by itself appears to run very well, but not so hot when put on hash board with other chips.  Hash rate dropped and power consumption went up. 

So it would be wise to wait and see what a running A5 looks like before thinking of spending any money.  Regardless even if it ran according to the spec they posted I would not spend 10k for one. 
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2017, 12:54:45 PM
Amen brother...
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2017, 12:45:19 PM
Activity: 203
August 13, 2017, 02:04:09 PM
Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

I'm new to this business. So tell me you are on the market some time or have some experience, I understand that the market is not predictable, but I believe there are standards and we can observe an average durability or rather saying profitability and what studies say, or What your experience says .... What would be the average time to profitability for a D3 until a next upgrade? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years Huh What would be the time interval for upgrading these machines Huh

Thank you

You can't predict a random number. In the end who jumped into the ship earlier will profit the most.
August 13, 2017, 12:10:47 PM
Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

I'm new to this business. So tell me you are on the market some time or have some experience, I understand that the market is not predictable, but I believe there are standards and we can observe an average durability or rather saying profitability and what studies say, or What your experience says .... What would be the average time to profitability for a D3 until a next upgrade? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years Huh What would be the time interval for upgrading these machines Huh

Thank you

Welcome to crypto where there is no way to predict anything.  Dare I remind people on the forum that were were looking at $650 BTC last year?  Just as fast as a bull market comes so does the BEAR MARKET.  If you have a time frame of multiple years and are not in a hurry to get profit then crypto might be for you.  Right at this moment we are seeing a strange blow out on BTC and the markets have been mostly bullish since the beginning of the year.  So we see a lot of people chasing the market.  Not sure that I would price anything based on todays values.  

I would say as long as your patient and are willing to work through the insanity of the wild fluctuations and play your cards right I know some people here on the forum that have done very well for themselves.  So I try to follow their example.

How long will this equipment last?  Honestly if Inno were to price match or even get close to price matching Bitmain with the A5 we could all be forced to upgrade our gear by the end of the year.  That kind of hash rate and efficiency would force everyone to upgrade.  It is a risk if you buy the D3 that the Pindea, iBelink, or Inno folks who are making a more efficient miner could take the fight to Bitmain in pricing.  Their more efficient rigs would make the D3 old news very fast.  The only thing in Bitmain's favor at the moment is price.

So how long will your investment be good?  It may be a bad investment right now if any of the other manufacturers decided to challenge Bitmain on pricing.  Hardware cycles tend to reflect profit.  If there is profit to be made then there is hardware coming to market and it can be an endless cycle and you may not ROI on the gear.  When the profits are little or none then the hardware market dries up and your investment may last a lot longer, but the profits are really thin if anything.  So the fact we see hardware showing up just means it is profitable at the moment.  It also means that new hardware can quickly appear that makes your investment obsolete very quickly.  Right now we already see equipment announced that makes the D3 obsolete if not for price.  So buckle up it could be a bumpy ride.

New people only see the "right now" and think this is the norm.  Even some people who have been around for a while quickly forget what mining was like 12 months ago at this time.  Then everyone acts shocked when the markets do what markets do, there are rises and falls.  Are we going back to $650 BTC?  Maybe, maybe even lower, maybe much much higher.  There is no norm in crypto.  
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 13, 2017, 11:34:32 AM
Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

Thank you
Activity: 280
August 13, 2017, 10:46:38 AM
I'd be surprised if they were not off this time  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2017, 07:44:37 PM
Im a bit wary of the A5 because of the experience with the A4. The hashrate dropped significantly and the power requirements grew over time prior to release. Worried the same might happen here.
August 12, 2017, 07:36:48 PM

August 12, 2017, 07:31:34 PM
A question of courtesy, is this company INNOSILICON 100% reliable? The site looks fake and the product image is a drawing and not a photo. Has anyone ever bought from this company? Where can we check if it is as reliable a company as Bitmain?

Inno is a good company and good people.  They are an electronics company that make a lot of different things.  They do not specialize in miners, but they have proven themselves to make pretty good miners in the past. 

The people there are good to work with, but due to their size and scale it is nothing like dealing with Bitmain.  At Inno you will be working with people, the process is somewhat manual when ordering, and they do back up their product. 

Thanks so much for your response and attention! Now a very personal opinion, I am new and would like a north (orienteering), do you think it is worth trying the purchase of the A5 at INNO or is it more assured to buy from BITMAIN?

The price to performance ratio is WAY in the Bitmain column at this point.  Inno has to reduce the price to make this more appealing.  At some point in the not so distant future only the most efficient and hash dense miners will survive, but at this price point I can't recommend Inno. 

I understand, so for now it's better D3 and wait for lower price at A5... Thank you for you reply!!!
August 11, 2017, 09:38:48 PM
I'm quite skeptical on this. Anyway it's more worth to spend on Antminer D3 but the issues is it sold out instantly and people resell their order and the more worst thing being scam.

If you are talking about spending $5000 each for a D3 that someone is "reselling" then why not just get the A5 from Inno since to get 30gh you are going to spend the same money.  However if you are buying D3's for $1500 each then it is a no brainer to buy them from Bitmain.  Availability is the issue. 

Sometimes you can get a reasonable markup over the manufacturers price with some vendors.  There are some reputable vendors out there that you can shop around, but I wouldn't be spending huge money on an X11 miner unless your going to get your hands on it immediately.  Profitability is going to get crushed when the miners start to ship.  This last batch of D3's ships in first 2 weeks of Nov and by then we won't see the huge profit numbers everyone is drooling over right now.
Activity: 203
August 11, 2017, 07:02:47 PM
I'm quite skeptical on this. Anyway it's more worth to spend on Antminer D3 but the issues is it sold out instantly and people resell their order and the more worst thing being scam.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
August 11, 2017, 04:08:27 PM
+1 Inno is good company with good people, but at this point where bitmain is pumping out D3s they really should lower the price point.
August 11, 2017, 04:03:39 PM
A question of courtesy, is this company INNOSILICON 100% reliable? The site looks fake and the product image is a drawing and not a photo. Has anyone ever bought from this company? Where can we check if it is as reliable a company as Bitmain?

Inno is a good company and good people.  They are an electronics company that make a lot of different things.  They do not specialize in miners, but they have proven themselves to make pretty good miners in the past. 

The people there are good to work with, but due to their size and scale it is nothing like dealing with Bitmain.  At Inno you will be working with people, the process is somewhat manual when ordering, and they do back up their product. 

Thanks so much for your response and attention! Now a very personal opinion, I am new and would like a north (orienteering), do you think it is worth trying the purchase of the A5 at INNO or is it more assured to buy from BITMAIN?

The price to performance ratio is WAY in the Bitmain column at this point.  Inno has to reduce the price to make this more appealing.  At some point in the not so distant future only the most efficient and hash dense miners will survive, but at this price point I can't recommend Inno. 
August 11, 2017, 03:48:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: