Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W - page 29. (Read 55197 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
July 26, 2017, 10:58:15 PM
Hi,

I do not have experience dealing with Innosilicon. I ordered A5 and made already the payments. However, I have not received any confirmation. I emailed [email protected] but still no replies. I also tried to call +86 27-87531668 but it has been busy.

What is the effective way to contact Innosilicon?

Thanks a lot for your help. 
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
July 26, 2017, 03:38:05 PM

I am also 'assuming' for all these new asic miners of the 10g to 15g to 30g flavors WILL make a patch
to the firmware to do not just x11 as they do now but also x13 and x15. (Its what I'd do) Smiley

If they don't have the HARDWARE support for the extra algos in X15, a "patch to the firmware" isn't going to happen.
 I strongly suspect, given how long the Baikal has been pushing it's support for the extra algos and NO word from anyone else about it, that nobody else has bothered.

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
July 26, 2017, 02:05:38 PM

They seem to be pointing at the "turbo mode" 38 GH/S as justification for the $10k pricing - though their specs make the A5 very little more efficient than the D3 at that point.

I hope everyone who considers the A5 at 38 ghs overclock mode understands overclocking the A5 is listed as reason to void warranty ! s process.

They specify "excessive overclocking in an overheating environment" - using the miner AT THEIR SPECIFIED 38 GH/s is NOT a warranty violation if you keep it cool enough.

It's arguable if running it in the 38 Gh/s mode AT ALL can be a warranty violation, given that it is a FACTORY SPECIFIED mode.

This is not to say doing so is a good idea - it's probably more profitable if you have cheap electric, but the additional heat WILL reduce the lifetime of the miner - and 14/16nm node chips don't seem to be as "robust" about handling heat to date vs 28nm.

Well they also advertised the A4 as easy overclock which it is and the A4 has the higher settings in a drop down box so its very easy to overclock ,but do not mention that it will always cause damage to chips unless you get info from tech support. Miners tend to hash 10% + or 10%- so if you are overclocking A5 at 38 ghs it will surely at times exceed the setting to more then 38 ghs. The warranty violation statement  is vague and I am sure they can use it to deny warranty repairs as too much overclock or like they say excessive overclock. How would they decide miner is in hot environment ? The excessive heat could be caused by overclock itself . So yes they say 38 ghs overclock then warranty says excessive overclock voids warranty if hot.LOL I would not take the chance at 10k too much risk.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2017, 11:01:14 AM
D3 new batch live for Sale for September delivery.  Wink

They sold out in minutes. WOW

Either one or more BIG farms scooped up a bunch, or the batch was small.

They stated "sold out in 30 minutes" in an email reply to me.

i know that Giga-watt has purchased at least 200 units, they put them for sale at their own miner shop at gigawatt.sg yesterday. I was too late to purchase it at Bitmain, but managed to buy via Giga-watt.

Well, bitmain sold them for $2700, and this place is selling for $10,599.00. Quite the markup.

You are mixing up the D3 with the A5. D3 was sold by gigawatt at $3499, including PSU, taxes and installation at their facilities. The price of S10,599.00 is for the A5 Wink
Whoops, sorry. My bad.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
July 26, 2017, 10:36:22 AM

i know that Giga-watt has purchased at least 200 units, they put them for sale at their own miner shop at gigawatt.sg yesterday. I was too late to purchase it at Bitmain, but managed to buy via Giga-watt.

Well, bitmain sold them for $2700, and this place is selling for $10,599.00. Quite the markup.

You are mixing up the D3 with the A5. D3 was sold by gigawatt at $3499, including PSU, taxes and installation at their facilities. The price of S10,599.00 is for the A5 Wink
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2017, 10:24:01 AM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250
July 26, 2017, 09:28:55 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
July 26, 2017, 09:10:37 AM

A5 sold out too. Really?? Huh

Well the promotion pre-order period ended the 25th.  I don't know if the words "sold out" are the best choice of words, but the pre-order period has expired.
Activity: 294
July 26, 2017, 08:38:45 AM

A5 sold out too. Really?? Huh
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
July 26, 2017, 06:09:42 AM
D3 new batch live for Sale for September delivery.  Wink

Someone got on and "claimed' that only 350 were sold....(the dregs of units not paid from the first batch)
I suppose that is possible..he did not post any proof of this claim on the D3 thread here on bitcointalk.

Others stated that the 1st batch of D3's had NO limits and this batch 2nd batch yesterday had limits of 50 units...again
no proof..just walk folk have posted.

I am also 'assuming' for all these new asic miners of the 10g to 15g to 30g flavors WILL make a patch
to the firmware to do not just x11 as they do now but also x13 and x15. (Its what I'd do) Smiley

But yeah by my calcs it was like 52 min and they were all gone.....at least from the times folk posted
this reality on bitcointalk D3 thread

fun times.....(sigh)

legendary
July 26, 2017, 05:24:41 AM

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
July 26, 2017, 12:26:52 AM

Likely this is on the thread someplace. But when did they say they hope to start shipping these units?

I realize this deadline can slip....

curious

thanks
legendary
July 25, 2017, 05:22:09 PM

They seem to be pointing at the "turbo mode" 38 GH/S as justification for the $10k pricing - though their specs make the A5 very little more efficient than the D3 at that point.

I hope everyone who considers the A5 at 38 ghs overclock mode understands overclocking the A5 is listed as reason to void warranty ! s process.

They specify "excessive overclocking in an overheating environment" - using the miner AT THEIR SPECIFIED 38 GH/s is NOT a warranty violation if you keep it cool enough.

It's arguable if running it in the 38 Gh/s mode AT ALL can be a warranty violation, given that it is a FACTORY SPECIFIED mode.

This is not to say doing so is a good idea - it's probably more profitable if you have cheap electric, but the additional heat WILL reduce the lifetime of the miner - and 14/16nm node chips don't seem to be as "robust" about handling heat to date vs 28nm.

July 25, 2017, 07:27:51 AM

Activity: 420
Merit: 255
July 25, 2017, 06:48:34 AM
Activity: 7
July 25, 2017, 06:39:43 AM
new batch d3 now!
Activity: 7
July 25, 2017, 06:32:16 AM
The warranty expires if exceeded 38ghs
July 25, 2017, 05:56:39 AM
Does anyone know what happened to network hashrate of DASH right after A4 and current X11 miners were released?  Based on the change, can we expect how much of dumpage A5 or D3 will take in terms of profitability?

A4 mines Litecoin rather than Dash... which is an incredibly misleading naming scheme.

How so?

Innosilicon has been quite consistent in their naming scheme - except they never got around to actually releasing the A3 at all (I've seen commentary that the A3 wasn't going to be efficient enough to compete by the time it would have been released as WHY Innosilicon never pushed it into production).

This is similar to how they positioned the A2, and not entirely unreasonable as I suspect most A2 units have spent most or all of their time in "turbo mode" (though the ORIGINAL PS in the A2 did NOT support full turbo on the "110 Mh/s" units, some later units seems to have upgraded the PS to one that could do so).

If I remember the timing right, the original model IBelink showed up around Febuary 2016, the Pinidea models in March 2016, and the original Baikal in May 2016.
 I could easily be a month off on those dates though, but all 3 were DEFINITELY available by June 2016 (or had already sold out).

I don't think Innosilicon is including free delivery, but they are including a free power supply for early orders (probably left over stock of the SAME power supply they put in late A2 110Mh/s units, which have proven to be fair reliability).
 I doubt the shipping cost is going to be significant to folks buying these though.

I hope everyone who considers the A5 at 38 ghs overclock mode understands overclocking the A5 is listed as reason to void warranty ! Like with the A4 you can overclock ,but it voids warranty and I was told by one of their techs overclocking A4 will always cause damage to chip which is why it voids warranty. So 10 k is for 30.00 ghs overclock should not be a factor unless you really want to gamble and void you warranty. Read below they say excessive overclocking so who judges what is considered excessive ?

The warranty expires in the following cases:

Miner is demolished, privately altered or component replacement by customers;
    Lightning, voltage surges, poor quality power supply causing damage;
    Circuit boards and components damaged by water, exposed to moisture or corroded;
    The circuit board or the chip is completely burned;
    Excessive Over-clocking in a overheating environment.
    If above case happens, services of your miner maintenance will be charged. For the specific procedures, please refer to the after-sales process.
legendary
July 25, 2017, 04:31:38 AM

Long running scam site that changes the "specs" on it's vaporware to suit every time someone else comes out with something new.
legendary
July 25, 2017, 04:30:35 AM
Sorry to butt in guys, but is there any word on a smaller version of this ASIC miner? Seems like a sweet deal, but I'm not really willing to shell out half of the BTC I own for this... At the moment, it's just a tough risk to take for me.

Unlike the A4 (and in some ways the A2), Innosilicon seems to have designed the A5 to not be easily (if at all) splittable into smaller units.

Pages:
Jump to: