Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W - page 31. (Read 55215 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 24, 2017, 10:41:50 AM
There seems to be a lot of speculation about impending difficulty increases, which made me start to wonder...

Would it be possible to look back at the data for various coins/miner releases and come up with some generic assumptions/ballpark figures about the likelihood of a given difficulty increase?

Obviously currency value fluctuations (which directly affect ROI) are not predictable, but there could be some other variables that are calculable, i.e. the "drop-out rate" of older/lower hash rate miners, or the number of units released per batch per company.

Maybe looking at the data cumulatively would offer some insights/guidelines.

I assume the big mining farms already do this type of analysis and I think it would be useful for the little guys do the same in order to level the playing field a bit.

ps- first post ever, please be gentle  Kiss
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
July 24, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
Hi,

i have only experience with Antminer so far.
And after my calculations I was confused. Huh

I have calculated the approximate revenue. with different calculators.
If I get with 30GH DASH mine i get 12k to 15k USD per month? Is this right/realistic ?
I can not quite believe it.

Or how do you see that?

Thanks and best regards

proshot

That is not realistic because you need to consider following factors:-

1. IbeLink 10.8 Ghs will be going live in quantity of 5000 plus by Mid of August thus increasing the difficulty and network hash rate significantly reducing payouts.

2. Antminer D3 15 Ghs will go live in last week of September in thousands again it will massively increase the difficulty and hash rate.

3. So by the time 30 GHs innosilliocon is released (and if the same specs because in past they always announced higher specs and low watt but in production delivered 50% less Ghs and 30% higher wattage) i think it would be making you somewhere around $1000 a month maximum.

Note: This is just my calculation and the realtime calculation depend on how many Ibelink, antminer d3 go live before Innosillicon 30 Ghs is unleashed

Has iBeLink made their order numbers public somewhere?
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
July 24, 2017, 03:13:04 AM
Hi,

If I get with 30GH DASH mine i get 12k to 15k USD per month? Is this right/realistic ?

Or how do you see that?

Thanks and best regards

proshot

That is not realistic because you need to consider following factors:-

1. IbeLink 10.8 Ghs will be going live in quantity of 5000 plus by Mid of August thus increasing the difficulty and network hash rate significantly reducing payouts.

2. Antminer D3 15 Ghs will go live in last week of September in thousands again it will massively increase the difficulty and hash rate.

3. So by the time 30 GHs innosilliocon is released (and if the same specs because in past they always announced higher specs and low watt but in production delivered 50% less Ghs and 30% higher wattage) i think it would be making you somewhere around $1000 a month maximum.

Note: This is just my calculation and the realtime calculation depend on how many Ibelink, antminer d3 go live before Innosillicon 30 Ghs is unleashed
copper member
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
July 24, 2017, 03:02:57 AM
Hi,

Or how do you see that?

Thanks and best regards

proshot

July 24, 2017, 12:07:55 AM

How so?

Innosilicon has been quite consistent in their naming scheme - except they never got around to actually releasing the A3 at all (I've seen commentary that the A3 wasn't going to be efficient enough to compete by the time it would have been released as WHY Innosilicon never pushed it into production).

It's a bit confusing / misleading because the A4 mines Scrypt, an entirely different algorithm than Dash which uses X11, yet the devices are named sequentially as if the new machine is an improved version of the previous one which is not the case since it's an entirely different algo.  This is not out of character with their product naming though, since the A1 mined bitcoin.   

Typically naming schemes for machines follow unique identifiers for the type of calculations the machines do.  Antminer S9 = SHA256, Antminer L3+ = Litecoin / Scrypt, Antminer D3 = Dash/X11 - easily identifiable as to what type of coin they're designed to mine by the letter used for the series of device. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
July 23, 2017, 10:58:52 PM
As other have pointed out the exchange rate offered by Inno is WAY OFF.  Sadly I think they are going to struggle to move a lot of these.  As much as I would like to see them succeed, the pricing kills it, and the exchange rate is just nails for the coffin.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
July 23, 2017, 05:01:20 PM
Does anyone know what happened to network hashrate of DASH right after A4 and current X11 miners were released?  Based on the change, can we expect how much of dumpage A5 or D3 will take in terms of profitability?

A4 mines Litecoin rather than Dash... which is an incredibly misleading naming scheme.

How so?

Innosilicon has been quite consistent in their naming scheme - except they never got around to actually releasing the A3 at all (I've seen commentary that the A3 wasn't going to be efficient enough to compete by the time it would have been released as WHY Innosilicon never pushed it into production).

They seem to be pointing at the "turbo mode" 38 GH/S as justification for the $10k pricing - though their specs make the A5 very little more efficient than the D3 at that point.
 This is similar to how they positioned the A2, and not entirely unreasonable as I suspect most A2 units have spent most or all of their time in "turbo mode" (though the ORIGINAL PS in the A2 did NOT support full turbo on the "110 Mh/s" units, some later units seems to have upgraded the PS to one that could do so).

If I remember the timing right, the original model IBelink showed up around Febuary 2016, the Pinidea models in March 2016, and the original Baikal in May 2016.
 I could easily be a month off on those dates though, but all 3 were DEFINITELY available by June 2016 (or had already sold out).

I don't think Innosilicon is including free delivery, but they are including a free power supply for early orders (probably left over stock of the SAME power supply they put in late A2 110Mh/s units, which have proven to be fair reliability).
 I doubt the shipping cost is going to be significant to folks buying these though.

Activity: 32
July 23, 2017, 07:25:00 AM
I read someplace that you can now get free shipping on these units and that you only have
to get ONE now ...is this correct?

Not going to get one at 10k price, but would be quite the 'tell' of not a lot of sales if they
just immediately dropped the above 'shoe'

Yes, you can order just one. Not sure about the free delivery though. They probably had hardly any interest at 3 as an minimum order, especially at that price point and the delivery expected at the same time as bitmain. If they could deliver before them, then maybe they could justify the price.
July 23, 2017, 07:19:58 AM
Whats the best pool to use to mine DASH?

suprnova
Activity: 31
July 23, 2017, 07:03:19 AM
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
July 23, 2017, 06:55:40 AM
I read someplace that you can now get free shipping on these units and that you only have
to get ONE now ...is this correct?

Not going to get one at 10k price, but would be quite the 'tell' of not a lot of sales if they
just immediately dropped the above 'shoe'

July 23, 2017, 06:52:08 AM
Good luck to the people that bought miners for the early batch (sept). There will be an initial spike in profit but once the difficulty catches up, it will start to decline. Hopefully you can get your money back before the market bottoms out. I'm predicting some half price A5 miners on ebay in the new year. If you have access to free power, then play the long game and you are set.

That being said. If you can get your hands on a demo version in august. Then pay over the odds for it, it will make it's money back in two months. Need to get in before the flood of miners hit the market.
Activity: 31
July 23, 2017, 06:49:57 AM
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
July 23, 2017, 01:27:16 AM
Lets not everyone forget about the ibelinks affect on hashrate before the b3 and a5. Today network reached 15th and id say this is the start of their affect as they r tested or premined b4 delivery.
July 23, 2017, 01:01:29 AM
Does anyone know what happened to network hashrate of DASH right after A4 and current X11 miners were released?  Based on the change, can we expect how much of dumpage A5 or D3 will take in terms of profitability?

A4 mines Litecoin rather than Dash... which is an incredibly misleading naming scheme.

What to Mine lists profitability (taken with a large grain of salt as to how accurate this is) mining X11 with 385mh/s at $3-4 a day right now.
A little over a year ago, the same hash rate was making $8.80 a day - so 50% drop in profitability from June 2016 to July 2017.   

In March 2016, presumably when the X11 miners came out but I don't have the date for certain, profitability for X11 was through the roof.
This could mean that a similar trend will take place with these new miners, a short term spike in value until the difficulty normalizes and then a steady decline in returns over the following year.
Or the time period could be much shorter.. hard to say without more data.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/x11-asic-profitability/
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
July 23, 2017, 12:44:02 AM
Glad they brought the MOQ down,
But being careful with the Dash miners now as so many companies are jumping on X11 mining game...

My only concern with the A5 like many other mentioned is the difference between final delivered hashrate per miner and what they initially advertised.
Has anybody had experience with the A4s;

What is their policy around this kind of issues?
When they advertise 30GH or 600mh for A4, and only deliver 280Mh or lower now for Dash - after full payments have been made by their customers.
Is there a refund policy or something..?
Clearly false advertising of this sort is very illegal imo

Exactly, the only way out is Innosillicon make announcement that if hash rate is lower or watt higher than advertised , in that case they will issue 50% refund.
Activity: 18
July 23, 2017, 12:33:39 AM
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
July 23, 2017, 12:25:15 AM
Glad they brought the MOQ down,
But being careful with the Dash miners now as so many companies are jumping on X11 mining game...

My only concern with the A5 like many other mentioned is the difference between final delivered hashrate per miner and what they initially advertised.
Has anybody had experience with the A4s;

What is their policy around this kind of issues?
When they advertise 30GH or 600mh for A4, and only deliver 280Mh or lower now for Dash - after full payments have been made by their customers.
Is there a refund policy or something..?
Clearly false advertising of this sort is very illegal imo
July 22, 2017, 11:30:15 PM
It also depends on how many miners there are and how much of the overall hashrate is comprised of high power ASICs.  If only 10% of the total hashrate (currently 15TH I think) comes from these ASICs, the differential in difficulty will not be a direct correlation to their individual hashing power, but as a percentage increase of total power on the network.  1.5TH would be about 500 A5 Dashmasters, if the batch is that size, so that's 10% of the network.  Add another 750gh from an approximately comparable size Antminer D3 batch size since it's 1/2 as powerful.  So that's 2.25TH of the total new network hash power total of  17.25TH on the network after the first batches of these new models goes online (unless the batches are MUCH larger, which seems unlikely).  So what we're really looking at difficulty wise is a 14% increase in network hashrate give or take a couple percent, so I would expect a differential increase comparable to the increase in total net hash, rather than one directly correlated in a 1:1 ratio based on how much more powerful these particular devices are.

There are also other factors to consider, such as miners leaving the network because the difficulty goes up too high for their profit margins to hold (vis a vis Ethereum), and that will reduce the overall network capacity, slowing the rate of difficulty increase for a while at least.

500 A5 @30GH is equal to 15000MH (15TH). I think it's quite realistic to have the difficulty increase 5-10x by October.

Yeah, looks like my math got a little too fuzzy rushing through the numbers.  Well, it seems like Dashmaster might be a Dashaster at a $10k price point =/ 

Are there any other X11 coins that are viable at this point that the A5 might be able to mine in the alternative? 
Activity: 8
July 22, 2017, 11:13:16 PM
It also depends on how many miners there are and how much of the overall hashrate is comprised of high power ASICs.  If only 10% of the total hashrate (currently 15TH I think) comes from these ASICs, the differential in difficulty will not be a direct correlation to their individual hashing power, but as a percentage increase of total power on the network.  1.5TH would be about 500 A5 Dashmasters, if the batch is that size, so that's 10% of the network.  Add another 750gh from an approximately comparable size Antminer D3 batch size since it's 1/2 as powerful.  So that's 2.25TH of the total new network hash power total of  17.25TH on the network after the first batches of these new models goes online (unless the batches are MUCH larger, which seems unlikely).  So what we're really looking at difficulty wise is a 14% increase in network hashrate give or take a couple percent, so I would expect a differential increase comparable to the increase in total net hash, rather than one directly correlated in a 1:1 ratio based on how much more powerful these particular devices are.

There are also other factors to consider, such as miners leaving the network because the difficulty goes up too high for their profit margins to hold (vis a vis Ethereum), and that will reduce the overall network capacity, slowing the rate of difficulty increase for a while at least.

500 A5 @30GH is equal to 15000MH (15TH). I think it's quite realistic to have the difficulty increase 5-10x by October.
Pages:
Jump to: