Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W - page 8. (Read 55195 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
December 14, 2017, 02:04:02 PM
Why doesn't the Innosilicion Miner connect to a pool as soon as I have everything configured?

HW loads but nothing happens?
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
December 14, 2017, 07:23:19 AM
Got my a5 today but I don't know how to set it. There is no green or red light on the right side, it only lights up where the power cord is plugged in. How can I access the A5 need the Ip?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Innosilicon support website is here http://www.innosilicon.com/html/downA4/

Please read this A5 DashMaster user guide: http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/api/download.php?url=A5-master-of-the-world-use-instructions-en.pdf
Activity: 72
December 14, 2017, 07:07:45 AM
Got my a5 today but I don't know how to set it. There is no green or red light on the right side, it only lights up where the power cord is plugged in. How can I access the A5 need the Ip?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Activity: 7
December 13, 2017, 10:09:53 AM
Should I leave the checkbox checked or unchecked? I left it checked when I flashed it. I'll try removing the xnsub and see what happens. I sent the same screenshots to Innosilicon and they didn't offer any advice other than to send me the updated flash instructions in English instead of Chinese.

I had to uncheck the box in order for our miner to work. I left it checked the first time I flashed the unit and (like you) the miner refused to mine. I seriously hope this helps you.

I also did not use xnsub in the config.
Activity: 47
December 13, 2017, 01:40:53 AM
Are you sure that DASH and well x11 is still profitable to mine? Huh Considering the huge difficulty increase, they would have to get more efficient miners to the market fairly quickly.

Respectfully,
CointoHash411

It's profitable but not by much based on my energy costs. Do what all good miners do and spec mine the hell out of your favorite X11 and hope to god that coin goes to the moon to pay for the ASIC. Actually a good miner wouldn't have bought this ASIC to begin with but you can't always tell the future.
Activity: 84
December 13, 2017, 01:11:22 AM
Are you sure that DASH and well x11 is still profitable to mine? Huh Considering the huge difficulty increase, they would have to get more efficient miners to the market fairly quickly.

Respectfully,
CointoHash411
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
December 13, 2017, 01:06:27 AM
This might be a really stupid question bought an SD card to do the firmware upgrade, but does not fit the slot labeled "TF card". Is there another slot I am supposed to be looking for or is the card I bought the wrong specification. Those who have done the upgrade via "TF Card" please post the specification of the card you used, or a picture or something.

Does this advice help you at all?
See the bold text.
Quote from: Innosilicon
If the firmware build date is before 2017.11.24, you must upgrade through TF card. If the firmware build date is 2017.11.24 or later, you can upgrade on the webpage of the miner.

http://www.innosilicon.com/html/downA4/

I was able to update my A5 firmware via the web configuration page.

I have currently the newest firmware version; December 11, 2017.

My firmware is 11/22 so they say must do via TF Card, the slot for the TF card has no guts in it, so tried to use a download upgrade through ethernet a few days ago and did not work.

Innosilicon has really screwed a lot of people on this product. If not for the missing TF card reader, it's the hash boards not hasing, software not loading or updating, horrible and contradicting instruction manuals, and all with customer support that seems to be non existent.

Your not the only one that has received a miner with no TF card slot. See below:

Here are images of the miner, as you can tell light goes straight through the TF slot and there is no SD Card reader there.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137229947@N05/38820056011/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137229947@N05/38820057441/in/dateposted-public/

I can configure the pools through telnet. I configured 1 and it never started mining on it. I'll go ahead and configure all 3 and see what happens.

Does anyone know if I can flash through telnet somehow? If not, I'll ask Innosilicon if I can just buy a SD Card reader and attach it somehow to flash it. Seems easier than shipping overseas twice.
legendary
December 12, 2017, 09:16:51 PM
Well that sucks.

I would ask them (Innosilicon) what to do and say that you and few others have posted here at the bitcointalk forum about the issue.

That should get them going helping you.
Activity: 2
December 12, 2017, 09:11:51 PM
This might be a really stupid question bought an SD card to do the firmware upgrade, but does not fit the slot labeled "TF card". Is there another slot I am supposed to be looking for or is the card I bought the wrong specification. Those who have done the upgrade via "TF Card" please post the specification of the card you used, or a picture or something.

See the bold text.
If the firmware build date is before 2017.11.24, you must upgrade through TF card. If the firmware build date is 2017.11.24 or later, you can upgrade on the webpage of the miner.

My firmware is 11/22 so they say must do via TF Card, the slot for the TF card has no guts in it, so tried to use a download upgrade through ethernet a few days ago and did not work.
legendary
December 12, 2017, 08:57:18 PM

See the bold text.

Activity: 2
December 12, 2017, 08:47:20 PM
Activity: 58
December 12, 2017, 06:07:25 PM
What is A5 delay compensation you have?
Activity: 33
December 12, 2017, 10:51:13 AM
New firmware out today:

Dear
We are presenting you with an extensive A5 and A4+ firmware upgrade that improves the stability and convenience of the miner greatly. For your benefit, your firmware needs to be upgraded to the latest version (no.12.11 version). Here are the upgrades:
1. Fixed the bug that causes hashrate to decrease, making the hashrate more stable.
2. Added a preheating function before booting, partially sovled the decrease in hashrate due to temperature
3. Further optimized the overheat protection system, so that the miner is more stable.

Firmware dodwnload link: http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/update.bin
How to upgrade: Follow the appendix of the user manual
Support center: http://www.innosilicon.com/html/downA4/index.html
Thank you for your support of Innosilicon, we will persevere in our efforts to bring you the best user experience. 
Please reply this email,thanks very much.
Wish you a good day.
Activity: 47
December 11, 2017, 11:12:34 PM
My dashboard rarely works but the miner keeps mining. I still can't get this thing to overclock successfully. I think I'm the only one with that specific issue. I can't get Innosilicon to reimburse me in any way for being short on hash rate either. Really sucks.
Activity: 11
December 11, 2017, 05:24:17 AM
#xnsub wont work with this miner remove then will work

Does anyone know how to get awesome miner to with this?
Activity: 7
December 10, 2017, 05:29:11 PM
I had the same issues. When you flash the Miner, make sure you take note of the checkbox option before you load the file in the portal. I know my message is vague, I'll take a screenshot when I get home to clarify.

This resolved most of my issues. The dashboard will show stats about 60% of the time, but at least I can confirm that the miner is mining as expected.
Activity: 241
Merit: 6
December 10, 2017, 10:10:45 AM
Hi Guys,
Looks like I got a bad A5 as well. I can log into the web console and configure it but it won't mine. Just spinning cursors on the status page. I attempted to flash the new firmware as suggested by Innosilicon tech support in an email but I'm not sure I was able to upgrade the firmware after following the all chinese instructions through google translate. Frustrating to say the least. Does this configuration look correct? I've got the same exact configuration running on my Antminer D3 with no issues.
Here are the three pools I have configured:

stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533#xnsub
17jGiesABTU8eDA4mNghe7a6G6oUKdMpau
miner01 c=BTC d=40

stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.granatgas-pool.info:1111#xnsub
Lfmp9GGBDcDuRBLVSH5CFJ9X3YHWfZsyEf
c=LTC d=16

stratum+tcp://x11.eu.nicehash.com:3336#xnsub
37CSWuJQgDxFcgYu7TWWrawWFKCxBUEFsn.InnoA5
x

All the lights appear on the hashboards and controller. The ethernet lights are flashing but no red or green led on the back is ever on.
Can someone explain a simple step by step way upgrade to the new firmware? This is what I did:

1. Burned .img file to TF card and inserted it into slot
2. uploaded G19 update to miner through web interface. It got up to 70% and then says "waiting for reboot"
3. waited a few minutes and then power cycled the miner
4. miner reboots and I connect directly to it with laptop reconfigure the IP address directly to be able to view it again on my network.
5. nothing changed.

Here's some screenshots of status etc

Any help and input is appreciated. thanks!

Only thing I can think, are you sure you can use the #xnsub on this miner? Try removing it, and then if it starts mining, then try putting it back and see if that's whats stopping you from being able to mine.
Activity: 4
December 10, 2017, 08:33:09 AM
One of my miner has this problem. When i start the miner all the 3 hashboard lights are on. After the miner started mining, one of hashboard is going offline (light is turning off). Tried updating firmware and reset. But nothng helps. Other two hashboards are running and mining. Any of you guys have the same issue?

I have the same issue. Do not know how to solve this problem. I sent an email to support of Innosilicon and wait for response. There is so low income from these miners and this problem in addition to it... It seems we made big mistake buying this noise shit...
Activity: 11
December 10, 2017, 06:04:39 AM
does anyone know how to set this up with antminer?
Activity: 474
Merit: 101
December 09, 2017, 05:04:42 PM
Such a waste of money, time and energy.
10k!?
Give me a break.
Pages:
Jump to: