Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 45. (Read 45438 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
So comparing this to the Z9 Mini, this does around 5x the hashrate (10k sols vs 50k), and only uses about 2.5x more power (620W vs 266W). That MOQ is definitely too high for regular miners like us on the forums, but perhaps a group buy could be organized for this miner. I just wonder what Bitmain's response to this miner will be- will they go ahead and release the full-size version of the Z9 to keep competitive with specs or will they keep prices the same on the Z9 mini or lower it a bit? I'm personally leaning towards the latter as the MOQ on this miner is just absolutely ridiculous.

On the other hand, does anyone have the sales page to the A9 yet? I looked in the Crypto Mining ASIC tab and only saw the D9 with the number '9', and there wasn't anything listed in the announcement article pertaining to a sales page.

Inno also makes a statement about 'Low Noise' in their announcement page- I wonder how true that is. They probably don't need incredibly high CFM fans like with their BTC miners, especially with a miner that uses just 620W.

it's not meant to be sold to the little guy ...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 84
Merit: 3

in india , so you can know the state of power and power outage!  
that's nice to know that once asic is started it needs no manual intervention for restarts.
my asic probably will reach in a couple of days.
but just saw this - 3750$ !
https://antminermegashop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

They are shipping the E3 within 5 days but Bitmain themselves is shipping starting July 16th? That smells fishy.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Hello folks,

I have two questions:
1. Has anyone got into solo mining?
2. Is it really noisy as claimed in one of comments here? As specs have quoted low noise.

#2 It is not noisy at 20% fan barely noticeable but the Innosilicon fan it comes with is super noisy.

thanks for the reply.
so one of fans among the psu and miner is noisy. comparable to?

few more quesitons
3. Incase of power failure and return will it reboot by itself and start mining or does it require a manual restart.
4. What kind of UPS/Inverter/ line interactive one uses for this asic miner.

#3 as long as your PSU restarts (any server PSU which retains current state, or Bitmain, or Innosilicon PSU) after a outage, miner will automatically turn on
#4 Never had to use an inverter, I don't remember when was the last time I lost power or experienced a spike. So it depends on the quality of your power.

Update: specially priced A9 for early buyers has started to ship  Grin

that's nice to know that once asic is started it needs no manual intervention for restarts.

Hmm, wondering how are they shipping E3 in 5 days after payment where Bitmain hasn’t released it yet, scam.
Activity: 20
Hello folks,

I have two questions:
2. Is it really noisy as claimed in one of comments here? As specs have quoted low noise.

#2 It is not noisy at 20% fan barely noticeable but the Innosilicon fan it comes with is super noisy.

thanks for the reply.

few more quesitons
3. Incase of power failure and return will it reboot by itself and start mining or does it require a manual restart.

#3 as long as your PSU restarts (any server PSU which retains current state, or Bitmain, or Innosilicon PSU) after a outage, miner will automatically turn on
#4 Never had to use an inverter, I don't remember when was the last time I lost power or experienced a spike. So it depends on the quality of your power.

Hello folks,

I have two questions:

thanks for the reply.

few more quesitons

Activity: 84
Merit: 3
They have a promotion now where you buy one and get one "free". A rig is $10K ($9999 actually), which means that in reality the price for a unit is $5K with an MOQ of 2, but the second unit ships in the second half of August. Both units are not shipping together probably to prevent difficulty from spiking 90 degrees.
Hello folks,

I have two questions:

thanks for the reply.

few more quesitons
Hello folks,

I have two questions:

Hello folks,

I have two questions:
Activity: 141
Guys,

Did you try to use Z9 on NiceHash? I got disconnected miner every 3-5 minutes from NiceHash. It reconnects right away but looks like it lose some hash power during that time.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Thank a lot for destroying gpu mining. I hope you make a loss on your shitty asic's. Many of the coins you mine will be asic'ed to death in a year or so anyway and end up dead.

Just open a Internet Café with your graphic cards, but please you do not need to cry here around, when we try to have a productive discussion.

Look at the this table my friend:
COST OF 51% ATTACK:

Source: https://www.ccn.com/website-outlines-the-cost-of-51-attack-on-altcoins-its-lower-than-you-think/

What do you thing why Bitcoin is at 2%, so meand unattackable?

Because of the Petahashes of mining power, caused by only asics.

So those chinese's are fucking with us the govermant, and we are building a great wall, understand?

You are abusing your GPUS by the way, the asics meanwhile to what there purpose is.

In a way you are a pervert!

In a way you are delusional. You compare Bitcoin - the king of crypto, to the many Equihash shitcoins you mine with the A9 Zmaster. Oh yeah, and you are very rude too.
Activity: 34
Thank a lot for destroying gpu mining. I hope you make a loss on your shitty asic's. Many of the coins you mine will be asic'ed to death in a year or so anyway and end up dead.

Just open a Internet Café with your graphic cards, but please you do not need to cry here around, when we try to have a productive discussion.

Look at the this table my friend:
COST OF 51% ATTACK:

Source: https://www.ccn.com/website-outlines-the-cost-of-51-attack-on-altcoins-its-lower-than-you-think/

What do you thing why Bitcoin is at 2%, so meand unattackable?

Because of the Petahashes of mining power, caused by only asics.

So those chinese's are fucking with us the govermant, and we are building a great wall, understand?

You are abusing your GPUS by the way, the asics meanwhile to what there purpose is.

In a way you are a pervert!
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
I had two A9 with 30% rejects, but found a solution. If you guys still have problems with rejects - drop me a pm. I can possibly help

This great BBS won't let me send a pm, so here it is...

Greetings,

I have a few of these A9 devices and literally HALF of them are crap (31 to 41kSol/s avg hash at the pool.)

What kind of interesting solution did you use?

Kind regards,

Lee

---------------------
Wie geht's,

Ich habe dieser A9-Mineren und die Haelfte von scheiss davon sind Muell (31 bis 41 kSol Durchschn).

Was fuer eine interessante Loesung hast du benutzt?  Danke.

Tschuss,

Lee

Did you contacted support to get new firmware dated 6/30? Which pools are you using?

I got stable 46 kH/s for any pools now, with 1-2% rejects max.

Thank you for your comment.

I did indeed update the firmware on those laggard A9 devices and indeed the reject rate went way down but the hash rate is still the same on two different pools.

Seems like I got a bunch of duds.

My friend bought 2 ZMaster and i bought one, and his run everytime more hashes.
The only difference was, that he had bigger windows and wide open, i only had 1 windows open and not fully only tilt.
And he had also put ventilator directional to the miners, which blowed the air directed to the window.

His miner showed also two cards at around at around 64°-65° Celsius, and only one card at 71° Celsius.
Mine ZMaster had two cards running at 72-73° and only one below ~67-68° Celsius.

So i had everytime in my backhad that it might be caused by temperature 'underclocking'.

We brought now the 3 ZMaster to our "Mining Hub" where we suck out the air with 3 axial fans, and with a pipe construction directly from the miners.

Now the miner of him runs at 63° - 71° - 64° and mine runs at 67° - 72° - 65° and now i got steady average slightly over 50 k/Sol right now hourly 51 k/Sol, the hash numbers are from the antpool panel.
Only 7,07% rejects so i am at 92,93% accepted rate, also from antpool panel.
(Before i got 41-48 k/Sols, and higher temperature like mentioned before)

So guys what i figured out is what you might have to optimise or what might cause the problems:

1. Pool :
Some pools have to optimise for the ASICs, since ASICs are quite new for Equihash. So look out for one which says our seems to be already adapted the ASICs.

2. Cooling:
Look at your Innosilicon Panel, it seems to be that the middle card is getting hottest, but the 2 on the side should be below 70°. Otherwise i guess there are underclocking or get to much physical electric resistance caused by heat. So watch out for your temperature and cooling.

3. Network:  
I personally had network issues, some switches and some network controller of the asics, can have problems. The Symptoms are that the panels kinda loops in "tunning" but when you look in the logs, you see that he loops at connecting to the pools.
I am still in to solving that problem i ordered a new Switch and maybe some cat5 cables, will see and report how that works out, and if it proves the theory that i might be caused by automatic 100 full duplex.
For now the one originally faulty device, was put in a other network at home at a friends place. The secound one got similar problem after bringing all 3 together, but it could be fixed by just pressing "Update" other Network.

To note, the first days i run mine at home and he run his two at home, and we had no problems at all, beside my heating "problem".
Activity: 17
I had two A9 with 30% rejects, but found a solution. If you guys still have problems with rejects - drop me a pm. I can possibly help

Greetings,

I have a few of these A9 devices and literally HALF of them are crap (31 to 41kSol/s avg hash at the pool.)

Kind regards,

Lee

---------------------
Wie geht's,

Ich habe dieser A9-Mineren und die Haelfte von scheiss davon sind Muell (31 bis 41 kSol Durchschn).

Was fuer eine interessante Loesung hast du benutzt?  Danke.

Tschuss,

Lee

Did you contacted support to get new firmware dated 6/30? Which pools are you using?

Thank you for your comment.

I did indeed update the firmware on those laggard A9 devices and indeed the reject rate went way down but the hash rate is still the same on two different pools.

Seems like I got a bunch of duds.
Hi,

De_ixie!: So whats the solution for A9 low hash rate? I have one good unit and one bad. Tried the new beta firmware on the bad one and it just hides the rejects. I still have a low hashrate. 

I've:
swapped Power supplies
tried the various tuning modes
set the intake fan to %100 (dropped from 69ish degrees to 49ish degrees)

Any help would be appreciated.

xpulse: your hashrate got better with the new firmware?

SeriousOne: I dont think you actually have the same reject issue some others are discussing. Mine runs 27Ksols on 4 different pools. My network is solid. Im going to try on another network tomorrow just to be sure.

Hashrate goes up from 36 to 44-45 average for me.
Activity: 1
Hi,

De_ixie!: So whats the solution for A9 low hash rate? I have one good unit and one bad. Tried the new beta firmware on the bad one and it just hides the rejects. I still have a low hashrate. 

I've:
swapped Power supplies
tried the various tuning modes
set the intake fan to %100 (dropped from 69ish degrees to 49ish degrees)

Any help would be appreciated.

xpulse: your hashrate got better with the new firmware?

SeriousOne: I dont think you actually have the same reject issue some others are discussing. Mine runs 27Ksols on 4 different pools. My network is solid. Im going to try on another network tomorrow just to be sure.

Greetings,

Kind regards,

Lee

---------------------
Wie geht's,

Tschuss,

Lee

Try http://powermining.pw, there you will get 100% then you will see it is not depended on you devices, rather it is caused by the pool.
Then switch to antpool.com, seems for now like the best one.

Greetings,

Kind regards,

Lee

---------------------
Wie geht's,

Tschuss,

Lee

Pages:
Jump to: