Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 46. (Read 45438 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I had two A9 with 30% rejects, but found a solution. If you guys still have problems with rejects - drop me a pm. I can possibly help

This great BBS won't let me send a pm, so here it is...

Greetings,

I have a few of these A9 devices and literally HALF of them are crap (31 to 41kSol/s avg hash at the pool.)

What kind of interesting solution did you use?

Kind regards,

Lee

---------------------
Wie geht's,

Ich habe dieser A9-Mineren und die Haelfte von scheiss davon sind Muell (31 bis 41 kSol Durchschn).

Was fuer eine interessante Loesung hast du benutzt?  Danke.

Tschuss,

Lee
Activity: 141
I'm getting around 25% invalid shares - but a steady 38 Kh/s of valid shares.   I have been able to find a firmware update, but all that does is to reduce down the number of invalid shares - which is great, but no increase in actual mining rate.

The 50 Kh/s advertised rate of these devices doesn't look to be achievable currently.

If the invalid shares were actually valid, then it would be getting around 50 kh/s.

On a side note, the graphs on the miner's dashboard are pretty pointless as are showing anything from 15-20 times higher hash rate than the machine is actually doing.

You lost at the InnoSilicon lottery. InnoSilicon can erase your rejected shares and take you for a fool, because they just make up errors: hashrate is still stuck at 38KSol.
If you want, you can send it back, pay $$$ for shipping, then wait, then pay for taxes.
edit : and probably receive another 38KSol ASIC.

After firmware upgrade my hashrate up to 42-43...

have you tried the other modes instead of balanced?  like the performance mode?

also standard mode is supposed to be "factory performance" but a9 defaults to balanced

yes, performance is on.
Activity: 62
I'm getting around 25% invalid shares - but a steady 38 Kh/s of valid shares.   I have been able to find a firmware update, but all that does is to reduce down the number of invalid shares - which is great, but no increase in actual mining rate.

The 50 Kh/s advertised rate of these devices doesn't look to be achievable currently.

If the invalid shares were actually valid, then it would be getting around 50 kh/s.

On a side note, the graphs on the miner's dashboard are pretty pointless as are showing anything from 15-20 times higher hash rate than the machine is actually doing.

You lost at the InnoSilicon lottery. InnoSilicon can erase your rejected shares and take you for a fool, because they just make up errors: hashrate is still stuck at 38KSol.
If you want, you can send it back, pay $$$ for shipping, then wait, then pay for taxes.

have you tried the other modes instead of balanced?  like the performance mode?

also standard mode is supposed to be "factory performance" but a9 defaults to balanced

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
I had two A9 with 30% rejects, but found a solution. If you guys still have problems with rejects - drop me a pm. I can possibly help
Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Activity: 34
Did anyone receive shipping confirmation for their $2.5K A9 for buying an early batch?

No but Support asked me about my special "notes" and she wanted me to answer quick, like i have to answer before it gets finished for shipping.

I guess the coming 1-2 days you will get Tracking ID via SMS from DHL. Like last time.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Did anyone receive shipping confirmation for their $2.5K A9 for buying an early batch?
New beta firmware make a small difference for A9.

Build Date
30th of June 2018 01:22 AM
Platform Version
b29+_20180630_012251

Rejected rate went down to 3-6%, avg hashrate now 42-46 kH/s

Ask support for this firmware ...

Good luck.
anyone comment on fan noise?

should i be looking into getting one of those minermaster boxes if i run it in the house?

fan noise acceptable if miner in basement.
Activity: 62
anyone comment on fan noise?

should i be looking into getting one of those minermaster boxes if i run it in the house?
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
Hi, maybe its a problem with the pools?
I have mine on nicehash right now and I am getting this:
Nicehash shows 98000 Sol/s. That seems fine.
Graph on nicehash looks like this:

I am wondering why the A9 shows this strange curve. Like the hashrate drops for some time. But why?
Profit on nicehash seems to be nearly as estimated.

Ideas?

What you have in hashrate report, I got on Nicehash 23% rejected orders. So from 50 kH/s, nicehash confirmed only 33-38 kH/s, rest - rejected...

I have 0.50% rejected. Seems fine.
All seems fine, except the reported speed from the miner.

Question: did you using 100 Mbits ot 1 Gbits network switch for miners?
Its a gigabit port on the switch, but connected via Wifi and internet connection is a slow one.
I dont think its my internet.

Can you post what your graphs look like?

Zcash Flypool..

37.2 KH/s   1394 (76%)   451 (24%)   8 minutes ago
37.0 KH/s   1386 (75%)   456 (25%)   8 minutes ago

Now I had 13% rejects on Nicehash. I rebooted and it went down to 1%.

So what is considered as 'Good Deal' for this device. I mean if you buy this at $10,000 and it makes you $80 per day, its still $2400 a month and payback period could be down to 4 months, but we all know that's not realistic as difficulty goes up and profit per day goes down. So at what price this seems like a safe bet and can be considered as a good investment, considering every factor. I am thinking $6000 purchase price seems pretty good if it can be delivered in a day or two.
You have to decide that. You get 2 units for 10k$. If you plan to mine and hold, you may increase or decrease your profit. If you just want to ROI fast, you have to consider how many ASICs hit the network. Nobody knows that, its guess. Also you have to consider forks. If Zcash etc. dont fork, at least for the next months, profit will be good.
I would not buy an ASIC and take profits or ROI as given depending on todays facts. I would only invest part of my profits and consider it as a risky investment.
See, worst case: You buy one, it breaks after some days, you send it to warranty, it takes weeks to return, you miss the high profit phase.

In general: First batch adopters have a reasonable chance to get ROI if they get their units fast. 2nd batches seem to be fine also. But every overpriced 3rd and higher batch ASIC, especially if other companies also flood the market, is a bad idea.
Examples: Baikal BK-X for 1600$: They hope customers believe in ultra profits with non specified "more algorithms" that shall come somewhen. ROI is like 400 days right now.
Bitmain: Every miner they sell at the moment - although the Z9 for August might be a buy if you have a 300$ coupon. Consider forks though...
Activity: 29
So what is considered as 'Good Deal' for this device. I mean if you buy this at $10,000 and it makes you $80 per day, its still $2400 a month and payback period could be down to 4 months, but we all know that's not realistic as difficulty goes up and profit per day goes down. So at what price this seems like a safe bet and can be considered as a good investment, considering every factor. I am thinking $6000 purchase price seems pretty good if it can be delivered in a day or two.
Activity: 34
So i have been on cryptocompare.com for a while and noticed this morning A9 Zmaster shows payback period as "NEVER" meaning it produces less than the power consumption cost. Can anyone shed some light?

Also, is it possible to see the graph or chart showing income per day starting the day it was launched, it would be pretty nice to see how soon it dropped from $150 a day to $80 or so.

By the way, here's the link that shows payback period as NEVER https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/mining-store-5111/innosilicon-a9-zmaster-50-khs/

Fistful A9 can't mine Bitcoin Gold as it is stated on this site.. as this crypto forked away 4 days ago...

https://www.asicminervalue.com/ Check this one

This Asicminer has ksol like 20-30 GPUs, but wastes power like only 2 GPUS (650 Watt), so much to that.
I pay at moment for now 14cent for power, which maybe is much but, i pay 67cent per day for 80-100$ in return.
So it is from power consumption view of point, way better then everything else.
So i have been on cryptocompare.com for a while and noticed this morning A9 Zmaster shows payback period as "NEVER" meaning it produces less than the power consumption cost. Can anyone shed some light?

Also, is it possible to see the graph or chart showing income per day starting the day it was launched, it would be pretty nice to see how soon it dropped from $150 a day to $80 or so.

By the way, here's the link that shows payback period as NEVER https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/mining-store-5111/innosilicon-a9-zmaster-50-khs/

Fistful A9 can't mine Bitcoin Gold as it is stated on this site.. as this crypto forked away 4 days ago...

https://www.asicminervalue.com/ Check this one

Activity: 29

I am wondering why the A9 shows this strange curve. Like the hashrate drops for some time. But why?

Ideas?

What you have in hashrate report, I got on Nicehash 23% rejected orders. So from 50 kH/s, nicehash confirmed only 33-38 kH/s, rest - rejected...

Its a gigabit port on the switch, but connected via Wifi and internet connection is a slow one.

Zcash Flypool..

37.2 KH/s   1394 (76%)   451 (24%)   8 minutes ago
37.0 KH/s   1386 (75%)   456 (25%)   8 minutes ago

EDIT: after firmware upgrade 6/30

40.0 KH/s   1500 (98%)   23 (2%)   4 minutes ago
38.0 KH/s   1425 (99%)   19 (1%)   4 minutes ago
Activity: 306
Merit: 7

Ideas?

Do you guys have good ping/network connection to the pool?

I can't ping pool from miner, as I don't have root password but from desktop in the same switch:

ping us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com

Pinging us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com [139.162.73.35] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 139.162.73.35: bytes=32 time=182ms TTL=51
Reply from 139.162.73.35: bytes=32 time=182ms TTL=51
Reply from 139.162.73.35: bytes=32 time=180ms TTL=51
Reply from 139.162.73.35: bytes=32 time=183ms TTL=51

~180ms looks pretty high for 100 mbit/s internet connection.

google.com ping latency is 15ms.
Pages:
Jump to: