Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 47. (Read 45438 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 0
Hi, maybe its a problem with the pools?
I have mine on nicehash right now and I am getting this:
Nicehash shows 98000 Sol/s. That seems fine.
Graph on nicehash looks like this:

I am wondering why the A9 shows this strange curve. Like the hashrate drops for some time. But why?
Profit on nicehash seems to be nearly as estimated.

Ideas?

What you have in hashrate report, I got on Nicehash 23% rejected orders. So from 50 kH/s, nicehash confirmed only 33-38 kH/s, rest - rejected...

I have 0.50% rejected. Seems fine.
All seems fine, except the reported speed from the miner.

Question: did you using 100 Mbits ot 1 Gbits network switch for miners?
Activity: 306
Merit: 7

I am wondering why the A9 shows this strange curve. Like the hashrate drops for some time. But why?

Ideas?

What you have in hashrate report, I got on Nicehash 23% rejected orders. So from 50 kH/s, nicehash confirmed only 33-38 kH/s, rest - rejected...

I have 0.50% rejected. Seems fine.
All seems fine, except the reported speed from the miner.
Activity: 62
I'm getting around 25% invalid shares - but a steady 38 Kh/s of valid shares.   I have been able to find a firmware update, but all that does is to reduce down the number of invalid shares - which is great, but no increase in actual mining rate.

The 50 Kh/s advertised rate of these devices doesn't look to be achievable currently.

If the invalid shares were actually valid, then it would be getting around 50 kh/s.

On a side note, the graphs on the miner's dashboard are pretty pointless as are showing anything from 15-20 times higher hash rate than the machine is actually doing.

Do you guys have good ping/network connection to the pool?
I'm getting around 25% invalid shares - but a steady 38 Kh/s of valid shares.   I have been able to find a firmware update, but all that does is to reduce down the number of invalid shares - which is great, but no increase in actual mining rate.

The 50 Kh/s advertised rate of these devices doesn't look to be achievable currently.

If the invalid shares were actually valid, then it would be getting around 50 kh/s.

On a side note, the graphs on the miner's dashboard are pretty pointless as are showing anything from 15-20 times higher hash rate than the machine is actually doing.

Is anyway share firmware for a9? I can’t find it on website.
zij
Activity: 44

Ideas?

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

Ideas?
Hi,

I got the same issue with 2 my a9, 25-32% rejects on. Nicehash, or MHP autoswitch, balance mode. .

Can anyone answer with which pool they use and reject/accept rate  and I will create a table with data for a9 users.

Just to help to all of us, same as ppl did for z9.

Nicehash pool - 24% rejects
MHP AutoSwitch port - 25% rejects
Flypool - actual hashrate on pool 32kH/s
Slushpool - 78-79% success
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
lux8.net
Welcome to NIBIRUPOOL
we've a lot of equihash coins for your asics

BCI -->   bci.nibirupool.com:9449
ZEN -->   zen.nibirupool.com:4444
ZCL -->   zcl.nibirupool.com:9059
VIS -->   vis.nibirupool.com:9939
ACH -->   ach.nibirupool.com:9999
VOT -->   vot.nibirupool.com:9019
BTCP -->   btcp.nibirupool.com:9229
ZEL -->   zel.nibirupool.com:9999

High performance stratums on a reliable dedicated servers with solid network connection and great DDOS protection.
Activity: 8
Now, i am testing the pool.

1. POOLIN https://www.poolin.com
2. FLYPOOL.

Let update tomorrow or later.
good to hear its back up, but not so good to hear its under 50k.

bitmain z9 mini is doing like 50% better with overclocks.  a9 zmaster seems like its slightly underperforming right now from all accounts im reading.  although, a9 zmaster price will probably be found cheaper than 3x z9 minis and overclock kills whatever warranty claim you might have...so roi is better as long as its reliable.

maybe your new pool has less stale shares.

Hi all,
Very happy to join the mining world. I am new to here.

I also purchase the A9 Zmaster. I buy it when the promotion :buy 1 get 1 free.
I got the first one already, and now mining the ZEC on antpool right now.

And will get my seoncd one tomorrow. Want to try the second one on Flypool. How do you think?

Let talk about my first one A9 on Ant pool

I show you all the graph, so you can know the details of it. The first few days, its average 47 to 44 K hash rate. But it drop to 39K hash rate yesterday. I hope it just one day and will rebound back later. My reject rate on Ant Pool is around 8-11%. So i also want to find a better pool for my A9. I farming on PPS mode at Antpool because it no handing fee right now from June to Sep2018.

Any of you using A9 farming on other pool? And which pool do you think the A9 suit the best for it? Please show us here and let us mine together to get more block together!  

PPS mode or PPLNS mode is better for our A9 and which pool you suggest?

PS: i am from ASIA, so i need from some pool better in ASIA.

Don't know why the image cannot show here, its become a link only, just open and see it.

https://i.imgur.com/rSIKQX9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/A10J9pS.jpg

Good to hear honest first hand experience so far with the A9.  Mine arrives hopefully early next week at the latest in USA.  Have you been monitoring the temperature of your A9?  Maybe the temperature has increased a bit causing a decrease in hash rate speeds over time?

Do you have any temperature data you can share?

Thank you. I put my A9 at a ASICs store shop, so i don't have any temp data can provide. I don't control and manage it . But i confirm the ASICs store shop is keeping the aircondition running 7x24hrs.

Yesterday hashrate go back normal at 45k. And get 0.434 zec.
I am going to take my second A9 now, i am going to set it on flypool, let compare antpool pps mode and flypool pplns mode. See which pool get better performance for the A9.
Hi all,

And will get my seoncd one tomorrow. Want to try the second one on Flypool. How do you think?

I show you all the graph, so you can know the details of it. The first few days, its average 47 to 44 K hash rate. But it drop to 39K hash rate yesterday. I hope it just one day and will rebound back later. My reject rate on Ant Pool is around 8-11%. So i also want to find a better pool for my A9. I farming on PPS mode at Antpool because it no handing fee right now from June to Sep2018.

Any of you using A9 farming on other pool? And which pool do you think the A9 suit the best for it? Please show us here and let us mine together to get more block together!  

Don't know why the image cannot show here, its become a link only, just open and see it.

Good to hear honest first hand experience so far with the A9.  Mine arrives hopefully early next week at the latest in USA.  Have you been monitoring the temperature of your A9?  Maybe the temperature has increased a bit causing a decrease in hash rate speeds over time?

Do you have any temperature data you can share?
All,

Is A9 allow overclocking for device or not?
How loud fans on this device?
Hi all,

https://i.imgur.com/rSIKQX9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/A10J9pS.jpg

copper member
Activity: 94
Merit: 12
BTC mining: Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+
Hello guys, just wanna let you know that we investigated it and the A9 ZMaster works flawlessly on Slush Pool.

Check out the Getting started guide for Zcash if you want to join our pool. Please contact our support team in case you encounter any issue.
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
2Miners pools support the A9 ZMaster miner. We have SOLO and PPLNS pools for different Equihash coins.
Please use the high share difficulty ports only.

ZEC
SOLO: solo-zec.2miners.com:1111
PPLNS: zec.2miners.com:1111

ZCL
SOLO: solo-zcl.2miners.com:6161
PPLNS: zcl.2miners.com:2121

ZEN
SOLO: solo-zen.2miners.com:7171
PPLNS: zen.2miners.com:3131

HUSH
SOLO: solo-hush.2miners.com:7272
PPLNS: hush.2miners.com:7373

BTCP
SOLO: solo-btcp.2miners.com:1313
PPLNS: btcp.2miners.com:1212
any updates on this thread?  just purchased a new one on ebay for about 8000$.  I know its a bit much, and it could turn into a very expensive brick, but I should be getting it within a week or 2 so my thought was time lost waiting for the next batch makes up for the higher initial price right now.

im sad to hear a few remarks about the units not hitting the advertised 50ksols.  any of you guys have any positive (or negative) updates to share?  which pools are you using to minimize the number of rejects?  have you gotten any replies from innosilicon?  isnt there supposed to be a warranty?

did you have to update firmware as shown in the manual?  i dont see any firmware files on the innosilicon website...

im a hobbyist, so I only bought 1, but my strategy here is to get this miner online during the market lull so I can be prepared when everyone wants to jump back in.  The strategy could end up horrificly wrong if we go into another long term bear market, though....so yea this is a big gamble here with a bunch of money that I could have just bought zcash/zencash/ or any other crypto with just to buy and hold.  
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
For some reasons, some users are experiencing a lot of rejects. Suggest A5 owners to be running in Performance mode, atleast to have about 50 kSol/s its seems that its needed. If i have 20+ A9 users interested i could open up a stratum for ZEC, but due to alot of hashes on ZEC network it would take a long time for such a small pool as mine to get any blocks at all.

I purchased several A9s and several Z9 Minis

I initially also found that I had high reject rates, but found that switching pools to one that supported the special stratum protocol variant fixed things.

A9s are now operating well except for 1. That one is just giving me all kinds of trouble (seems like its crashing and restarting every 20 minutes) and only producing hashes of around 15k sols, hopefully innosilicon can fix this situation but right now its pretty bad since i am effectively getting a Z9 hashrate at double the power usage (not to mention 10x the price) on that 1 broken unit.

I have tried changing the performance settings to no avail

EDIT: Maybe it just needs a firmware update. Would be great if innosilicon could provide that.

Maybe it's just broken and you need to have it replaced by innosilicon.
Activity: 10
For some reasons, some users are experiencing a lot of rejects. Suggest A5 owners to be running in Performance mode, atleast to have about 50 kSol/s its seems that its needed. If i have 20+ A9 users interested i could open up a stratum for ZEC, but due to alot of hashes on ZEC network it would take a long time for such a small pool as mine to get any blocks at all.

I purchased several A9s and several Z9 Minis

I initially also found that I had high reject rates, but found that switching pools to one that supported the special stratum protocol variant fixed things.

A9s are now operating well except for 1. That one is just giving me all kinds of trouble (seems like its crashing and restarting every 20 minutes) and only producing hashes of around 15k sols, hopefully innosilicon can fix this situation but right now its pretty bad since i am effectively getting a Z9 hashrate at double the power usage (not to mention 10x the price) on that 1 broken unit.

I have tried changing the performance settings to no avail

EDIT: Maybe it just needs a firmware update. Would be great if innosilicon could provide that.
Pages:
Jump to: