Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 48. (Read 45438 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
For some reasons, some users are experiencing a lot of rejects. Suggest A5 owners to be running in Performance mode, atleast to have about 50 kSol/s its seems that its needed. If i have 20+ A9 users interested i could open up a stratum for ZEC, but due to alot of hashes on ZEC network it would take a long time for such a small pool as mine to get any blocks at all.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
First, PSU is VERY VERY noisy; much more than ASIC itself. Probably a dysfunction.
And 25%(!!!) of shares are rejected! 25%! On NiceHash as nanopool.

So, not 50k at all but rather 35-40. That's a shame.

Is this trouble solved?
I have same issue.
A9 shows 50% reject and only 50k hashrate in some pools.

Mine arrived today, and i have first tried balanced mode from the performance settings, right now i am trying factory mode and i get better accepted - 88.2%
I will test tomorrow the performance mode, i guess this will get it slightly up.

Right now with "Factory mode" (settings) i get hours average 48 ksol.
I am sure this will flatten out, because i hav erecurring peaks with 50+ like even sometimes 60ksol.
So this solves the problems with fluctuation but you have to look at average, because of the occurring peaks.

Which pool are you using? Have you tried changing performance mode?
Many pools are not yet configured for asic equihash!

I try four different pool (f2pool, flypool, nanopool, nicehash) : strictly the same reject rate.

I am not the only one with this problem.

Try Powermining.pw, i get 100% and 0% rejections for testing, then you will see if it is caused by the pool or your device. But we would need more hashrate there, to get more valid blocks there.
Otherwise go to Antpool, there you won't get below 88%, i have right now there 95%

Interesting it dropped again to 88.3, i tried different ports.
So it really depends on pool, i guess there maybe needed further adjustments.

This A9 are my first ASICs, so how is that if a pool is "overloaded", isn't it maybe normal if a pool is over see or overloaded that i get more rejections?
PowerMining.pw
I try four different pool (f2pool, flypool, nanopool, nicehash) : strictly the same reject rate.

Could you point your miner towards Powermining.pw pool(ZEN,ZEL,BTCP,ZCL or VOT) for a while? I would like to check if there are anything that can be done on pool side to ensure better stability for A9`s (if needed on our pool). If you do, please PM me your address so i can check.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
First, PSU is VERY VERY noisy; much more than ASIC itself. Probably a dysfunction.

Is this trouble solved?
I have same issue.

Mine arrived today, and i have first tried balanced mode from the performance settings, right now i am trying factory mode and i get better accepted - 88.2%
I will test tomorrow the performance mode, i guess this will get it slightly up.

I am sure this will flatten out, because i hav erecurring peaks with 50+ like even sometimes 60ksol.
So this solves the problems with fluctuation but you have to look at average, because of the occurring peaks.

Is this trouble solved?
I have same issue.

No, no solution. They take control of my PC with TeamViewer (a linux without anything I let for this) and they said "engineers will fix the problem"...
copper member
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
I m getting very very few rejections from MPH

I think rejected shares are pool dependent. I was getting 94% accepted shares on FlyPool and getting 97% accepted shares on Antpool. Never tried NH or Nanopool. Nevertheless, 24 hour average hash rate is always over 50k sols.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Do you still get 97%? Smiley I am getting now with performance mode 89.3%.
Any ideas how i could improve that? Maybe changing router?
Because i have the best internet wich is buyable for ordinary customer.

I am from Europe near Germany, does it have any impact when i use a Asian Pool?
I am using right now antpool.

At which temperature are the 3 pieces of one Z9 running?
Mine are like stady 71°, i think the air Flow of the room could be better since it gets a slight wormer.

I don’t pay attention to the A9 dashboard anymore which I think is inaccurate since A9 and 2 Z9s are showing 80 k sols on the pool side 24h average steadily. Rest of my z9s are delivered today. My z9s are running at 15 ksol at 725 MHz and chip temp around 80 or less. I didn’t increase frequency up to 750 because my ambient temp is high around 100 F.

Sorry i wrote Z9 but i meant the A9 xD

It is really about the pool, i got now 100% so no rejections at all! Tongue
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

I think rejected shares are pool dependent. I was getting 94% accepted shares on FlyPool and getting 97% accepted shares on Antpool. Never tried NH or Nanopool. Nevertheless, 24 hour average hash rate is always over 50k sols.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mine are like stady 71°, i think the air Flow of the room could be better since it gets a slight wormer.

I don’t pay attention to the A9 dashboard anymore which I think is inaccurate since A9 and 2 Z9s are showing 80 k sols on the pool side 24h average steadily. Rest of my z9s are delivered today. My z9s are running at 15 ksol at 725 MHz and chip temp around 80 or less. I didn’t increase frequency up to 750 because my ambient temp is high around 100 F.
PowerMining.pw
Have any one here tried theyre A9 on Powermining.pw pool? Interested in knowing if you are experiencing any rejected shares and if you are getting your advertised hashrate.
copper member
I am really liking my decision not to buy one of these, with my 2 Z9 Mini's doing 35k sol/s combined running at 750mhz with ZERO ERRORS and a total investment of $2400 for both my cost per sol is still way cheaper than even the A9 at $5000

That’s a really good price for 2 z9s, wondering how did you pull that off. My first one cost $1999 since no coupon use was permitted. #2-4 cost me  $1750 each with shipping using $350 off coupons. So for 4 z9s my total was $7250. My A9 was $9999 minus s11 and psu for $400, plus another A9 was offered by Inno for $2500 for shipping next week. 64k sols 1520 watts for $7250 vs 100 ksols for 1240 watts plus 3.8 th is a and psu.

Yeah I was slightly confused, Both were $1999 each but I was able to use a $500 coupon on each and shipping was $104 so my total was $3104 but what I forgot was I had a $700 credit with Bitmain.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Activity: 325
Merit: 110
I am really liking my decision not to buy one of these, with my 2 Z9 Mini's doing 35k sol/s combined running at 750mhz with ZERO ERRORS and a total investment of $2400 for both my cost per sol is still way cheaper than even the A9 at $5000

That’s a really good price for 2 z9s, wondering how did you pull that off. My first one cost $1999 since no coupon use was permitted. #2-4 cost me  $1750 each with shipping using $350 off coupons. So for 4 z9s my total was $7250. My A9 was $9999 minus s11 and psu for $400, plus another A9 was offered by Inno for $2500 for shipping next week. 64k sols 1520 watts for $7250 vs 100 ksols for 1240 watts plus 3.8 th is a and psu.

He's probably just saying;
2 * Z9 - $3998 when BTC was $9,800 (0.407 BTC)

0.407 BTC at today's price = $2,488
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

That’s a really good price for 2 z9s, wondering how did you pull that off. My first one cost $1999 since no coupon use was permitted. #2-4 cost me  $1750 each with shipping using $350 off coupons. So for 4 z9s my total was $7250. My A9 was $9999 minus s11 and psu for $400, plus another A9 was offered by Inno for $2500 for shipping next week. 64k sols 1520 watts for $7250 vs 100 ksols for 1240 watts plus 3.8 th is a and psu.
copper member

Is this trouble solved?
I have same issue.

Activity: 23

Is this trouble solved?
I have same issue.
Activity: 420
Beware all! They don't care at all about their customers!

I received a defective PSU and a defective ASIC (28% of rejected shares on four pools I tested). They answer one time and after that, not a fucking word. On WeChat, Twitter, email.

Now, they give one ASIC for new and previous customers... but it's false! I asked them how to do... NO ANSWER.

Nothing new I suppose, they said for the first batch that next set would hit only in Aug, so you have 2 months with lessor difficulty, yet here they are selling 1 with 1 free.

The problem is not about their batches. They sell defective material and they don't do anything to correct this. This called scam.
Inno's customer service blows goats man. It always has. It's hit or miss with those assholes. If you get a lemon and many do...you're fucked. They get your money and then they don't give a shit.
PowerMining.pw
Added ZEN, ZCL, ZEL, BTCP and VOT stratums to Powermining.pw

Equihash Pool Status: https://www.powermining.pw/site/gomining?algo=equihash

Pool is optimized to handle A9 and Z9 miners. GPU Miners are welcome, but keep in mind that this is high difficulty stratums.

Zencash(ZEN):
Code:
URL: stratum+tcp://pool.powermining.pw:2142
Worker: YOUR ZENCASH WALLET ADDRESS
Password: Any password to identify your worker

Zelcash(ZEL):
Code:
URL: stratum+tcp://pool.powermining.pw:2143
Worker: YOUR ZELCASH WALLET ADDRESS

Zclassic(ZCL):
Code:
URL: stratum+tcp://pool.powermining.pw:2144
Worker: YOUR ZCLASSIC WALLET ADDRESS

VoteCoin(VOT):
Code:
URL: stratum+tcp://pool.powermining.pw:2145
Worker: YOUR VOTECOIN WALLET ADDRESS

Bitcoin Private(BTCP):
Code:
URL: stratum+tcp://pool.powermining.pw:2146
Worker: YOUR BTCP WALLET ADDRESS

Example Config for Z9, should be very similiar to A9:

Frontend:

I received a defective PSU and a defective ASIC (28% of rejected shares on four pools I tested). They answer one time and after that, not a fucking word. On WeChat, Twitter, email.

Now, they give one ASIC for new and previous customers... but it's false! I asked them how to do... NO ANSWER.

Nothing new I suppose, they said for the first batch that next set would hit only in Aug, so you have 2 months with lessor difficulty, yet here they are selling 1 with 1 free.

The problem is not about their batches. They sell defective material and they don't do anything to correct this. This called scam.
Activity: 420

LOL!! Your first rodeo I take it?
Pages:
Jump to: