Pages:
Author

Topic:  INTERNET OF COINS ⛓ blockchain freedom (r)evolution ⛓ [ CROWDFUND CLOSED ] - page 38. (Read 69334 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hope we have succes so we can eventually make this cool stuff for all.  Grin But for now these are only for the early birds, because they helped us get started.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Internet of Coins: Extra Project Update: less than 24 Hours left until crowdfund - Special Hardware Bonus

Dear cryptocurrency enthusiast,

We thank you for your interest in our project. You are receiving this e-mail because you have either signed up for the Internet of Coins e-mail updates, or have previously been in touch with one of our team members. For a quick introduction or reminder, take a look at this interview.

- Welcome!

If this is your first e-mail update, you can always read the previous ones at our weblog. And remember: the fundraiser starts tomorrow March 21st, 11.00 am CET. We send these updates usually once per week. Rather read these updates in another language? Check out our translated newsfeeds at Bitcointalk. Today, this is a special extra edition.

- Special update: hardware bonus for early participants

Over the last week, we have received a flood of signups and Early Bird requests. We are going over all of them one by one to make sure all questions are answered. You can also reach us via Twitter or the live chatpage for direct answers.

The final countdown is underway, and there is less than 24 hours left for the last Early Bird signups. We have decided to give all Early Birds a special perk for their support: a hardware node running Internet of Coins.
The hardware node will run an Internet of Coins beta that needs no configuration and is plug-and-play. Its casing is made from wood that is from environment friendly stewarded forests, and is carefully produced in the Netherlands.

If you have not seen any e-mail from us regarding your Early Bird signup, please check your junk e-mail box to see if it landed there. We have already given every current Early Bird a response.
Otherwise you can find the Early Birds terms here for more information.

- Ways to support

Like the project? You can help us out by giving it a Star with your Twitter account on Cyber Fund. You can also follow us at @internetofcoins to spread the word further. Want be added to our Slack channel? Just reply to this mail with your request and we'll add you.

Thank you for taking the time to read our updates,
we´ll be in touch again soon with our next newsletter!

Yours sincerely,
Amadeus, George, Jelle, Joachim, Marjon, Matthias, Pim, Robert, Sergey and Steffen

Oww!!! now just seeing the HW node! want it..  Shocked  o well... I can dream.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
currently working on the Internet of Coins
@Winslow Strong's questions:

Q: I'm confused about the tokens being associated with a cryptocurrency, re:fungibility.  If I have hybrid on BTC is it guaranteed to be equal in value to hybrid on ETH (for example?)?  If so, how would parity be maintained over time?

A: On Internet of Coins all HYBRID tokens on any chain will be only swappable 1:1. This means that even if prices differ on exchanges, the swap market in the IoC wallet makes sure you can swap your HYBRID to another chain.

Q: Suppose all the BTC hybrid owners want to sell their BTC hybrid and buy ETH hybrid?  Is there an arbitrage trade that will keep the values at parity?  

A: Yes. Arbitrage opportunities would abound such an extreme case, and eventually pull the market back into equilibrium.

Q: I'm concerned about the potential for inflation.  IOC seems eager to implement (and add 1M hybrid) to as many cryptos as possible.  Won't this produce massive inflation?  How will those new issuances occur in practice and be allocated?  If they will be for sale, who receives the cryptocurrency for them?  

A: For HYBRID we will not be adding 1M tokens per cryptocurrency. We are first focused on developing a functional market of seven decentralized token asset systems. After this has been achieved, we may expand HYBRID to other well-functioning token asset systems that have their own DEX. This will be done in way that makes HYBRID more fungible. I.e. liquid markets bring in new users of HYBRID. We expect this to make the token more functional towards new chains and thus more interesting for a larger user base two years down the road.

Q: Minor thing - on the front page of this ANN you say there will be 5M coins in the crowdsale, but on the crowdsale site it seems like its 7 cryptos for 7M coins total.

A: We initially planned to start with 5 asset systems, however, at the start chose to work with 7 instead. Where do we still mention 5?

Does this answer your questions? If anything is unclear feel free to ask more.  Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Minor thing - on the front page of this ANN you say there will be 5M coins in the crowdsale, but on the crowdsale site it seems like its 7 cryptos for 7M coins total.
This is because we added support for other chains in the months since the announcement. Thank you for pointing this out, it has been updated.

Agent725 will answer your questions later. Will add them to the FAQ as well Smiley
Activity: 53
Wondering if you could answer a few of my questions.

I'm confused about the tokens being associated with a cryptocurrency, re:fungibility.  If I have hybrid on BTC is it guaranteed to be equal in value to hybrid on ETH (for example?)?  If so, how would parity be maintained over time?  Suppose all the BTC hybrid owners want to sell their BTC hybrid and buy ETH hybrid?  Is there an arbitrage trade that will keep the values at parity? 

I'm concerned about the potential for inflation.  IOC seems eager to implement (and add 1M hybrid) to as many cryptos as possible.  Won't this produce massive inflation?  How will those new issuances occur in practice and be allocated?  If they will be for sale, who receives the cryptocurrency for them? 

It would be helpful to augment the FAQ with some of these details.  It's really hard (for me at least) to figure out the value of investing in this ICO without clarity on these issues.

Minor thing - on the front page of this ANN you say there will be 5M coins in the crowdsale, but on the crowdsale site it seems like its 7 cryptos for 7M coins total.

Thank you.
Activity: 534
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
Ah wow! i am so happy to see this live! best of luck to you all. Really glad for you.

<3
Activity: 116
Shitsamoly! you got 150k in what, less than 12 hours? without VC capital?  Shocked

fukin payama's on fire!  Grin Grin Grin
@Kadazar says it correctly.  Smiley

@xx63245613: Indeed the name is a bit big, but otherwise we want to introduce the concept of the decentralized financial web with our project. So like the "internet of things", we want people to start collaborating in cryptocurrency instead of competing to effectively create an "internet of coins".
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
@Cryptorials: Use Bitcoin, and you get HYBRID on Omni. Use Counterparty (XCP), and you get HYBRID on CounterParty.

Is this a Counterparty or Omni asset? the way both Omni and Counterparty name is being thrown around the project is confusing
Its a token on all these blockchains

Bitcoin/Omni, Ethereum, Bitshares, NEM, Waves, Counterparty, NXT
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
@Cryptorials: Use Bitcoin, and you get HYBRID on Omni. Use Counterparty (XCP), and you get HYBRID on CounterParty.

Is this a Counterparty or Omni asset? the way both Omni and Counterparty name is being thrown around the project is confusing
Activity: 21
Arabic language has been added to our website. If you're missing your country flag and you speak a lot of Arabic there, let us know!  Cheesy

Cheers to all!
Activity: 443
INTERNET OF COINS can be a good project,but i dont like this name,INTERNET is a big name...
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io

Thanks for clarifying, do the tokens get sent to the address you make your purchase from? So you must be able to receive Omni tokens to the Bitcoin address you use to make payment?
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
It says the cryptocurrency I use will define on which chain the hybrid asset is delivered to me. So if I use Bitcoin is that automatically Omni or can I choose between omni and counterparty?

Also is my public wallet address the one I'm sending from or where I wanted them sent? Currently I have Bitcoin in a counterparty compatible wallet, should I transfer them to an omni wallet before I buy?
Activity: 65
We've fixed the overload of our server. Now you should receive e-mails from us.

yup it came through. Thanks and good luck!
We've fixed the overload of our server. Now you should receive e-mails from us.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Well, the crowdfund will last 3 months. We have some time Smiley

We're standby on the Slack / IRC / Riot chan (https://coinstorm.net/chat) in case anyone needs assistance. Some people had questions earlier, we're more than happy to help!
Pages:
Jump to: