Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising? - page 49. (Read 20594 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 15
November 09, 2017, 03:39:24 PM
If %5  of total marketcap of bitcoin moves to altcoins, you can't imagine how this is changing the alts
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
November 09, 2017, 03:05:42 PM
If you expect to make money from Bitcoin you probably won't make much. ICOs are the new  stocks, are the future of economy. Buying a really good ICO you can make a ton of money,but you must do a good research which is the best before you buy!
I would suggest you to buy trade.io the one I have in my signature , I don't have it just for the bounty , its really good.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
November 09, 2017, 03:00:12 PM
nope. I dont see any good ICO in short term except  fidentiax ICO. Maybe you can wait till January then invest to Livestars
Activity: 384
November 09, 2017, 02:46:49 PM
I think still promising to invest in ico. You can choose a good ico by studying every existing ico. If you are still hesitant to invest in it, you can ask anyone who is in this forum about an ico project. we can discuss about the ico.
Activity: 226
November 09, 2017, 02:41:44 PM
Yes I still believe in investing into ICO's. I think the amount of ICO's and lack of regulation is diluting the amount of strong ICO's but they are still out there.

Research is the key here. Just like any investment knowing the business, the industry and where they are going is vital. Here are a few things i look for in an ICO

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertsie it and push the startup in the right direction.
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

Also here is an interesting article comparing ICO's with a working product vs a vision.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/mvps-pocs-and-ideas-which-icos-should-i-better-invest-in-and-which-will-let-me-down-369bf1ffae2

Hope this helps and happy investing!
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Strategist
November 08, 2017, 04:24:14 PM
Yes ICO's really are profitable but only if it is not a scam.  It is still promising, but like you said, you have to be picky because too many ICO's are a scam. I mean not just too many, it's almost all. Promising good thing, high and sure profit but in the end they will leave you empty. By the way it's was just my opinion, it's based on my own point of view. You have to decide on your own.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
November 08, 2017, 04:11:24 PM
ICO is very promising. Even today with the news of segwit 2x been cancel alone we have seen a strong upward movement in the price of already traded token. And in most cases these prices is 400% of the ICO. Quality ICO are all over the places you need to research and dig them out.
Activity: 270
November 08, 2017, 04:01:42 PM
ICO's are a total gamble as of now for the following reasons:

1. Mostly pre-mined - Devs hold a very large part most of the time and they can dump once it hits exchanges.
2. Mostly built on hype, no actual working product - there are exceptions to this like TenX, but a majority of these ICO's hype the people during the ICO stage and disappear once the actual work begins.
3. Platform based, carries the risk of platform it is built on - just see what happened in the case of ETH lockdown right now. It wasn't a flaw in ETH as it's an error on the Parity wallet, but it clearly shows that whatever happens to ETH, 90% of the time these ICo's are also affected.

What I can suggest however is to research on lower cap coins, as it's safer to bet on alts that are already out in the market. These coins in the lower spectrum might be hidden gems, more room for growth and excellent opportunity for skyrocketing to the moon. One project I can see having potential is DeepOnion. It's a private coin working it's magic via the TOR network. It's a relatively new project but does hold a lot of potential for being in the top 10-20 in the future. They are gaining attention now here in BCT as their community is getting larger, more features going out each update (DeepVault, DeepTrust, DeepSend) and a lot of incentives for newcomers. You don't need to spend thousands to get into it, they are offering an airdrop where you can get your coins for free!
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
November 08, 2017, 11:33:32 AM
Yeah, very interesting but I rather like to invest in Lending programme ICOs.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
November 08, 2017, 11:24:19 AM
True that! Way too many scams Sad

And people are getting tired.. End of the year, time to chill and think about Xmas stuff Smiley
Activity: 178
November 07, 2017, 12:50:16 PM
It's true there is a lot of scam projects and it's harder to find a good one. But I truly believe there is a big future of ICO's, so we now just need more patience to do our researches.
Activity: 365
November 07, 2017, 11:14:19 AM
If you have a big budget, I will recommend you should choose Bitcoin. If not, you have to accept risks when investing in ICOs.
Activity: 100
November 07, 2017, 11:10:03 AM
Yap still promising, but i think than buy when ico live i think you should buy when the coin first get to exchanger cause the price will be falling down than when ico live.
But investing in ico project i think it's still very promising
Activity: 315
November 07, 2017, 10:52:15 AM
It's still promising but the risk is always there. If we managed to invest on a project which the developer is doing hard work. Maybe our investment is in good hands but i think we just keep in our mind once we step into investing. We are aware that we will gonna lose it if something bad happens.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
November 07, 2017, 10:35:02 AM
YES!!! Without a doubt. As this idea picks up there will be more and more fantatic ICO's to invest in!

Agree, and it can be said that after the cloud mining scam era ended the ICO is the easy and most profitable way, the proof is that I can get profit up to hundreds percent only 3 months when invested $ 500 in ICO Populous World or PPT and many ICO others.
ICO is one of the most lucrative investment alternatives nowadays, some ICO have a very big chance to be profitable. I've also experienced things like you, I once invested in ICO and in the end I got great results. but you should note that at this time many ICO that even make us lose, usually ICO is not able to reach the target and eventually fail. This is what should be considered very well. We have to do the analysis and also the right strategy in order to have the opportunity to be part of the people who are lucky and achieve a lot of money.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 10:29:40 AM
There's a lot of ico that are worth investing, we just need to do research read their whitepaper ,check the team and if suits you or see the success of then invest so, though it is risky we should take it since we know that it will be beneficial to us and we can get a lot of profit especially if we hold ico token that we can trade soon
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
November 07, 2017, 09:59:35 AM
YES!!! Without a doubt. As this idea picks up there will be more and more fantatic ICO's to invest in!

Agree, and it can be said that after the cloud mining scam era ended the ICO is the easy and most profitable way, the proof is that I can get profit up to hundreds percent only 3 months when invested $ 500 in ICO Populous World or PPT and many ICO others.
Activity: 644
Merit: 523
Passionate about Crypto
November 07, 2017, 09:09:48 AM
Activity: 126
November 07, 2017, 08:39:47 AM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

honestly man, Its just about doing your due diligence and looking at it through the lens of how institutional investors review traditional startups. Solving a problem? Is it a solution? Niche? Good team? Good advisors? product? sweat equity? own equity? bootstrapping? etc. Doing this will allow you to cut out 95% of the shit. From then on you just need to see what the ICO's (post crowdsale) burn rate will be and if the founders are competent.
Activity: 691
November 07, 2017, 08:32:08 AM
Still. However, now we need to be more careful investing in ICO. Now risk losses in it is higher. In fact, some actually even destroyed its value when completed ICO, of course you still remember primalbase.
Pages:
Jump to: