Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising? - page 53. (Read 20594 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 26, 2017, 07:21:12 PM
The altowl Project.
 New trading platform for major exchanges such as poloniex and bittrex. More exchanges coming soon.
News
Trading View through Api Keys
Trading Analytics
Forum
Social Trading(coming soon)!

https://altowl.com
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
October 26, 2017, 07:04:09 PM
I think the potential of the ICO is still great. Investing in a good ICO project can help you x5, x10, x100 times your account. What you should do now is to thoroughly explore the ICO project you are planning to participate in in order to make the right decision.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 06:55:29 PM
it can be promising but you have to find very cool project to invest on ICO.There are so many scam projecets and they just want to take your money or eth Cheesy just thinking well i make lot of experince
Activity: 112
October 26, 2017, 06:06:43 PM
I suppose yes, because it shows how investments can be easily made. But there are lots of scams and one needs to make a research on the project before investing.
Activity: 364
Merit: 104
October 26, 2017, 05:39:22 PM
in my opinion ICOs are still valid way to invest. we see that ICOs are great way to buy your favorite coin so cheaply in time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
3D Blockchain Applications Platform
October 26, 2017, 05:05:03 PM
We have seen the top in this ico Klondike frenzy is my guess. Now people are actually starting to request results from their investments. Alot of people have lost alot of money investing by the agenda that all icos would atleast 2x ico price.

I believe that 90% of companies based on raised funds from icos will die over the next few years.
Agree with you. It will be same situation as in venture: 80-85% of startups are nothing from themselves represent, 10% so-so, without great results, and only 5-10% are really interesting and growing up projects which give huge profit to their investors.
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
October 26, 2017, 04:31:27 PM
We have seen the top in this ico Klondike frenzy is my guess. Now people are actually starting to request results from their investments. Alot of people have lost alot of money investing by the agenda that all icos would atleast 2x ico price.

I believe that 90% of companies based on raised funds from icos will die over the next few years.
October 26, 2017, 04:15:40 PM
As far as I can see, most of ICO projects will have a period that the prices are below the ICO prices
That's right, mate. Most of promissing ICOs can't reach their hard cup and even they do, the price on exchanges falls below ICO upon listing. Projects with a real product will give us profit now, but only as a long-term investment, but not flipping. And this situation will be aggravated anyway, because the crypto market lacks liquidity at the moment. We need BTC for 10k $, hype in the press as it was at the beginning of this year and as a result a lot of newcomers with fiat money.
Activity: 6
October 26, 2017, 03:39:29 PM
Yes, still promissing depending the ICO.
I am thinking about invest in energizium.com
They are selling tokens in pre-sale with a discount until the launch of the coin.
Can be good I guess.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
October 26, 2017, 03:35:26 PM

if the project can be promising, its going to be worth investing. projects like SNM which is going to be in demand because almost everyone wants to profit through mining.  Grin the newer ICOs these days are somehow making history. one that i see is AERON for aviation safety.
Activity: 42
October 26, 2017, 02:09:07 PM
I sure that confideal is exactly this case. But You need always check your ico and read as much information abt it as you can.
In my opinion we still have good projects for investing
I believe that project that can effect offline economy are more reliable and has big future.So Confideal is my choice.
Activity: 770
fLibero.financial
October 26, 2017, 01:31:14 PM
This thread was started months ago. To precisely answer the question, ICO is still very profitable. Look at hedge I have made 10 x of what I invested already. Many recent ico are not doing badly at all. Rvt, rcc, central are all doing very well.
Activity: 61
October 26, 2017, 01:30:31 PM
I believe there are still ICOs that are promising. Most importantly have to research their team, progress and whitepaper as well as who they are working on and with.
In this current market however, ICO after releasing in the market tend to be bearish first before gaining momentum. So it may also be an opportunity to hit on that token only when it's listed.
October 26, 2017, 01:17:19 PM
Actually i invest own money in many good ico's because good ico always return something good.I invest in atlant,soma,worldcore,smartbillion i hope all this ico is successfully finished.Of course still now promising ico exist.
And what was the purpose of your investment in these projects? They won't give you flip posibility:
- Atlant raised ~ $5 mln with difficulties
- Soma ~ 18k ETH = 15% of its hard cap
- Worldcore ~ $10 mln and stopped without progress
So, it means with a high probability that their tokens will be traded cheaper than ICO price after listing on exchanges. And it will be an opportune moment to buy if you plan to hodl them as a long-term investment. But not on ICO, man. And I can't say thay these ICOs are successful with such results of tokensale. I don't know what about smartbillions, because did not follow this project.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
October 26, 2017, 09:40:45 AM
As far as I can see, most of ICO projects will have a period that the prices are below the ICO prices, so if you are interested in some ICO project, you can buy some cheap coin after hitting the exchanges.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
October 26, 2017, 09:39:46 AM
Yes but if you chose the Ico more wisely and if you have done an extensive research about the project and it's team. Then surely that ico will be a profitable venture for you. Beware of the scam ICO.
we can see and look for information about ICO that we will follow or we can ask for recommendation from our friend or bitcoin business group that we follow.
by choosing a good ICO we will get good results
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
October 26, 2017, 09:36:45 AM
Same as before m8. If you join in the period with highest bonuses and if you choose the right project; they are still profitable  Smiley

Thats true, but  with the advent of so much airdrop people prefer to join the airdrop recently. Most people attracted to free token, that when it hit exchanges and having a value the dump it immediately. Still I would prefer to invest in  establish company or startups for long term endeavor.
Activity: 168
October 26, 2017, 09:22:59 AM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

It's not promising any more. Icos turned into a system where the owners exploit investors. So you better be careful on new ones.

ICO brought a huge demand for ethereum too.

I agree. I have been seeing many posts regarding companies that are giving too many promises with regards to convincing people to invest in their ICOs only to find out that it won't reach its supposed peak potential. Unfortunately, even if some companies don't really intent to scam people, it's just that difficult to build up without a budget which somehow forces them to do that. I guess if you're planning to continue on investing in ICOs, you need to be really diligent and critical with choosing and studying with regards to the background of the company proposing it.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 524
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 26, 2017, 09:19:39 AM
Yes but if you chose the Ico more wisely and if you have done an extensive research about the project and it's team. Then surely that ico will be a profitable venture for you. Beware of the scam ICO.
Activity: 117
October 26, 2017, 09:16:42 AM
What happened to Ethereum price Smiley? Just because it lost 20% of it's value you're saying that something happened to it? 20% is nothing.. the coin has increased and appreciated by a thousand fold, and everyone is complaining about a 20% drop. About your ICO question, of course they are still promising, the problem is to find which one's are promising, which is difficult considering how many are currenly out there. You have to make your own research, and be picky, as you said you already are. Don't invest in anything just because it's hyped or because the idea looks "cool", it should be applicable as well and realistic to implement, if it is not it will remain only an idea, and you'll remain with empty pockets. Try to find the projects that are backed up by serious and experienced teams, and that offer a roadmap that makes sense to you, but your own brain to work and envision what could go wrong with the project (even though you're not a prophet, as anything might get wrong with it). Tezos for example was a great project and had an amazing ICO, but who could expect the internal conflic that is currently present in the project, no one. So you need some brains and a little bit of luck to still make an ICO promising for yourself.
Pages:
Jump to: