Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising? - page 45. (Read 20594 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
November 18, 2017, 07:43:14 PM
I'm sure it's still profitable because I see people in this forum seem to follow ICO to invest their coins
Activity: 162
Merit: 0
November 18, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
You must do research, but fast checkout shows you, that a lot of ICOs are offering shares, profit sharing, and buybacks. All that is stop sign as this makes them securities and ICO form is not legal for such. In most cases, such projects do not offer new value.
But on the other hand, you have some terrifical ICOs, which are dealing with real and important areas, bringing new value or solving real and important problems. If you choose god and really promising projects (and not "removing intermediaries" type of crap), then you can expect a good value of tokens in the future, as service will globalize.
Definitely very good opportunity, but select good and real projects.
Activity: 240
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 07:04:48 PM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?
Somehow yes. It will be still a profitable investment of getting into an ICO but as you said, we cannot deny the fact that it's already risky and doubtful nowadays because we are already seeing failing campaigns and it cause traumatic experience on investing into ICOs that makes us think if it is still beneficial to invest into an ICO to make money.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
November 18, 2017, 06:56:27 PM
ICO is of course a very risky way to invest your money. But if you end up with the best project, you will surely end up with a big amount of profit. But again, it is like gambling. However, if you are willing to undertake the necessary due diligence as a precautionary means to really come up with the best ICO, you are somehow assured that the ICO you are investing into is most probably legit. You just have to be very detailed in terms of checking them.
Activity: 630
Merit: 24
November 18, 2017, 06:23:20 PM
Your question's answer is what is the  token for and what are their terms?.It is promising if you choose correct project,i think that there are many perspective ICOs,i prefer you to read about angel token ICO,because they offer us special terms about guarantee,bonus systems and olso they have realistic target .first of all you must look up each team member for relevant experience,check their knowledge.read whitepaper carefully,price and exchange.so it's still promising but i think that you never can be sure in 100%.
Activity: 224
Merit: 106
November 18, 2017, 02:55:09 PM
I think investing in ICO will always be promising if you choose correct projects very carefully and diversify risks.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
November 18, 2017, 02:15:11 PM
am an investor but I didn't buy coins from ICOs but I just hold my tokens that I received after Bounty Campaign in the forum. I do believe their existence and support. So, I'm looking forward for the success of all the ICOs I've been joined during their campaign.
And most of them are promising too. If I got lucky, My investments will have a good profit someday.

Like you I didn't pay too much attention investing in ICO, I'm just also holding tokens that came from bounty campaign that I've joined but my strategy is if that campaign became successful without too much hype I'll definitely hold it form long term because of its potential while I easily dump my tokens if the campaign didn't succeed. Not being judgemental but I just wanna be cautious for not to hold shitcoins.
Bounty hunters also should to understand the project they are promoting, because after all, they are also the holder ICO token. If the price of token can not increase, they only waste their time to promoted a scam project while there are many projects can help them have profits Smiley.
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
November 18, 2017, 11:41:05 AM
I invest in ICO, because in this way you can earn very well. But due to the fact that there are a lot of scammers now, I have to carefully analyze every detail of the project before investing in it!
copper member
Activity: 772
Merit: 500
November 18, 2017, 11:40:39 AM
As we can see, most ico can hardly raise enough money now, some of them has cancelled or postponed, some of them suffer a value loss after hitting exchange, so we can say that most of ico are not promising now

I Think it's because of the competition. There are several icos that has same goal, same idea but different approach and if the other is better than it's competion. They will invest on ico that has good reputation or if they are strong in market. But i think we just need to dig more information if we want to succeed in investing in ico. After all success is not make in an instant and it's a long process. Just don't put all your money in one ICO.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
November 18, 2017, 10:28:54 AM
If at the beginning of the year could come in either ICO and make it x-10, now you can take part in the ICO, despite the fact that you are sure that the project is worthwhile and the most to x2-X3 for half the year frozen funds
Activity: 308
Merit: 134
November 18, 2017, 10:25:13 AM
As we can see, most ico can hardly raise enough money now, some of them has cancelled or postponed, some of them suffer a value loss after hitting exchange, so we can say that most of ico are not promising now
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
November 18, 2017, 10:19:51 AM
The times for fast ICO flippings are over. Now it seems to be time for really useful projects with long term perspective.
Activity: 287
November 18, 2017, 09:57:41 AM
I think there are some promising ico and there is also a scam but as long as I follow the project ico is always promising. and we are always cautious if investing in ico
Activity: 108
almost a whale
November 18, 2017, 09:29:58 AM
It depends on the ICO but you may find some hidden gems just do some research it's not that difficult but takes time but hey nobody will give you everything on the plate.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
November 18, 2017, 09:11:45 AM
am an investor but I didn't buy coins from ICOs but I just hold my tokens that I received after Bounty Campaign in the forum. I do believe their existence and support. So, I'm looking forward for the success of all the ICOs I've been joined during their campaign.
And most of them are promising too. If I got lucky, My investments will have a good profit someday.

Like you I didn't pay too much attention investing in ICO, I'm just also holding tokens that came from bounty campaign that I've joined but my strategy is if that campaign became successful without too much hype I'll definitely hold it form long term because of its potential while I easily dump my tokens if the campaign didn't succeed. Not being judgemental but I just wanna be cautious for not to hold shitcoins.
Activity: 528
November 18, 2017, 08:47:18 AM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?
For me, investing in ICO is still promising. I experienced to invest my money in ICO and I found out that ICO is really profitable. You should overcome to your fear when you are investing. You can make more money if you are brave person.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
November 18, 2017, 08:45:57 AM
For some successful ICOs and have a different project is mostly promising, regardless of that is depending on how you choose the place of investment, because sometimes there is an ICO that fails even a scam, but because of the new ICO every time, I myself experience a decrease in profits in ICO investing, and then I think it's still promising.
Activity: 153
November 18, 2017, 08:37:55 AM
For me, the size of the market is very important.
What is the volume of the transactions in that market ? Because the altcoin will be used in those transactions.
This article from Chris Burniske explains this: https://medium.com/@cburniske/cryptoasset-valuations-ac83479ffca7

Having this my favourite altcoin is https://appcoins.io.
The potential market is the app stores market ($40B a year) and the traction of the Aptoide app store is huge. Compare them using Google Trends, adding Kin/Kik which ICO is over:
   https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?q=kik,younow,aptoide
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 18, 2017, 08:30:43 AM
Definitely still promising. The attraction of the unicorn, of the x100 is still there  Smiley
Activity: 191
Merit: 21
Decentralized Security - DIW
November 18, 2017, 08:08:32 AM
Yes there are some ICO's that are good depending on many factors. But you need to be cautious of Scams!

I would say trade.io is the most promising ICO right now!
trade.io is an innovative new blockchain trading platform that will disrupt the financial ecosystem and democratize the markets.
I like their video and how it explains how this platform works!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQgDI4_nRhg
Such a clear explanation of their vision and ultimate mission!
Good investment IMO
Pages:
Jump to: