Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising? - page 54. (Read 20594 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
October 26, 2017, 07:10:52 AM
Same as before m8. If you join in the period with highest bonuses and if you choose the right project; they are still profitable  Smiley
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
October 26, 2017, 07:09:39 AM
there are so many ICO this days which I dont think all of them are Scam but as investor it is your duty to do a holistic research before investing in any ICO. many of this ICO will come up with meaningless and unrealistic goals. some do even copy each others ideas (especially ICO on Real Estate) but it is your duty to check what the ICO intend to Offer and how do they intend to achieve it. also check maybe they have knowledgeable team to handle the project.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 26, 2017, 06:51:06 AM
ICOs is still promising if you study them before you make an investment.
There are a ton of project outside, but not all of them working well.
Consider them first before you make a decision.
By the way, I am just joining this forum. Say hi to everyone.
Activity: 56
October 26, 2017, 06:50:16 AM
99% of the ICOs are trash and scams.
Be careful what you invest in. Do a solid research before taking any actions.
That's right, mate. V. Buterin told about it yesterday in his speech on ETHWaterloo - https://www.ethnews.com/ethereums-vitalik-buterin-on-tokens-10. But there are also pearls in this dunghill and this is an our task as investors to find them. So, if we are successful in this we will be able to earn some money. If not - we will lose. The time of fast and simple earnings has passed unfortunatelly.

Well said.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 06:45:42 AM
I'm quite sure that it's still quite promising to most investors especially those who do short trading. The more popular ICO are hard to grab a token at times. Otherwise, I am a fan of long term HODL so it's not that promising personally for me.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
October 26, 2017, 04:10:33 AM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

I participate in ICOs whose vision and product I can relate to and I wish to support.. the profit some dumpers used to get by selling the tokens as soon as it gets listed or sometimes even before it is listed on etherdelta has reduced significantly..
If you enter an ICO with an intention to support and hold for the long term then yes it is profitable, if the intention is to dump to flip your investment then maybe it is not as profitable as it used to be..
Activity: 49
October 26, 2017, 03:52:25 AM
Absolutely worth it, when you do your research, see what the company is all about etc. Just as any other investment you should consider where you are putting your money in. My personal advice is to search for the value the ICO is aiming at, what are the means it plans on utilizing, how credible or not it sounds.
Good luck in your ventures.
Activity: 28
October 26, 2017, 03:46:01 AM
Just watch out for scammers, they are out there. Check out the white paper and the team, always a good indication. In terms of the issue with tokens being worthless, they are only worthless if the ICO fails! A good idea and enough backing and the sky could be the limit, but there are a select few I think will make it.
Activity: 153
October 26, 2017, 03:45:29 AM
I advice is always do your due diligence. In the end, if you do it well and choose a good project, the coins will appreciate over time.
But currently, I see appreciation in 12 to 24 months and not in week.
My favourite projects are the ones with traction.

Two of them:

• Props: https://propsproject.com <- supported by YouNow and backed by Union Square Ventures (the same as Kik or Filecoin)
  • AppCoins:https://appcoins.io <- supported by Aptoide and backed by e.Ventures (San Francisco / Germany), Golden Gate Ventures (Singapore) and Gobi VC (China)

Compare them using Google Trends (do your own due diligence!):
   https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?q=kik,younow,aptoide

Now change the keywords and analyse other ICOs to see if they have a good user base.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
October 26, 2017, 03:41:14 AM
Yes, investing in ICO's are still promising if you invest in the right project and not just invest in any project you see out there. You should first properly research about the project and then if the project interests you and is doing something good then you should invest in it.
Activity: 344
Merit: 107
October 26, 2017, 03:36:47 AM
Actually i invest own money in many good ico's because good ico always return something good.I invest in atlant,soma,worldcore,smartbillion i hope all this ico is successfully finished.Of course still now promising ico exist.
Activity: 392
October 26, 2017, 02:24:41 AM
not all ICO are scam. but hate to admit it but mostly are. i suggest to do more reasearch about the ICO where you want to put your money on
Activity: 48
October 26, 2017, 01:46:31 AM
i believe yes, you will see great project but also a bad one in the crowd, you just need to be careful, although there obvious but hard to spot.
you should be aware that a lot of startup are carrying almost the same idea and create some sort of token that unrelated to blockchain.
there is no clear formula for investing,the only way to avoid losses is to make due diligence by spending a lot of time studying and gathering more information on the project before making a decision.
Activity: 56
October 26, 2017, 01:45:42 AM
Yes, still promising. Watch out for those scammers who are trying to rob your money with their "unique" idea yet it's impossible to implemented. Look at their whitepaper and research about their teams, also follow their social media to stay updated with their stats (it also help you to identify the scammers with fake news).
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
3D Blockchain Applications Platform
October 25, 2017, 02:06:03 PM
99% of the ICOs are trash and scams.
Be careful what you invest in. Do a solid research before taking any actions.
That's right, mate. V. Buterin told about it yesterday in his speech on ETHWaterloo - https://www.ethnews.com/ethereums-vitalik-buterin-on-tokens-10. But there are also pearls in this dunghill and this is an our task as investors to find them. So, if we are successful in this we will be able to earn some money. If not - we will lose. The time of fast and simple earnings has passed unfortunatelly.
Activity: 98
STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY
October 25, 2017, 12:02:48 PM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

Yes, scam is a valid concern.

Go with ICOs that have working software. They are far less likely to be scams.
Activity: 126
October 25, 2017, 11:52:33 AM
It is still promising if you find a good ICO, who respect their contributors and trying to protect them.. like this one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ico-sale-ar-artoken-by-cappasity-decentralized-arvr-ecosystem-for-3d-2316185
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
October 25, 2017, 06:51:27 AM
If in my opinion could have resulted in profits from the sale of origin we do not give up so only.whether can survive although requires patience from the deepest inner self that would have been no previous intentions.

Ah! That’s really deep inside psychology. I think you don’t need to think much about it emotionally as long as the plans of ICO are perfectly arranged. Though there is garbage of ICO coming everyday but you have to be that much lucrative while selecting the right investment plan. I’m pretty sure you will find right spot. ;-)
Activity: 12
October 25, 2017, 06:40:54 AM
ICOs clearly need a kind of regulation... I don't mean that it should come from the "law", but at least some kind of decentralized limitations to this kind of thing cause 99% is scam
Activity: 129
October 25, 2017, 06:35:26 AM
Short-term or do not invest it, invest a few ico are losses
 Tongue Tongue Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: