Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 164. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
"Corporates and large blockchain investors are looking at what we do"   Really?

Very good explanations, thanks i am quite new to crypto, so my questions and concerns wanted answers, as i did not know what to think. Thanks for clearing that up, really good explanations.  The staking thing is a bit of a pain, in the fact it can not be automated. I am sure many people have good intentions to stake, but simply forget. So, is is not possible to 'auto-run' wallets on start up. You know, like how google/firefox remembers passwords for sites and autolog you in. So when people run their computer the wallet runs and starts staking, now that would be a first in crypto.  
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Hi Guys,

Staking is good for network security, stability and speed. Not staking does not mean people are sending it to exchanges or the coin dies.
There are even exchanges staking the wallets they have.

Not all people are staking all the time. Like me. I was away for a few days and had to turn my staking pc off.
It's holiday time too, so that could be one of the reasons people shut down their staking wallet. Not to worry though.
IOC is still one of the best staking coins there is. Most coins are around 20-30%. We even hit 50%.
So with 30-40% we are doing absolutely fine with sometimes some staking dips. Again, no worries.

Yes, the price is low at the moment. People are waiting for the first release of DIONS. If you want to know what comes next, please check the post in iocoinhub.io explaining what DIONS is (in simple words) and what can be built on top of it. It opens a whole new crypto world.
With the price being this low, it gives new people to enter at a good price. Thats how i look at it.
When the price will rise nobody knows, but we all know that the larger wallets are gathering more coins instead of selling, the distribution is still great and when buy pressure comes it just takes a few BTC to double it.

The team is very excited about the developments and after DIONS is released, we will focus on our marketing for a while. Write articles, contact important news agencies, set up a roadmap for future developments etc. Again, DIONS opens up doors. Not only for our own developments, but also developments of external parties that want to use our lightning fast blockchain.

If you look at all the news articles the last few weeks on the different sites, you see that the corporate interest in "bitcoin" is shifting to more like "blockchain" developments. Companies are starting to see the benefit of using a decentralized network and want to utilize that for their services. In order to be able to create their services on top of a blockchain, this blockchain needs to be able to be ready to accept extra data in it. And Bitcoin blockchain cannot be utilized for that need. IOC for example CAN when DIONS is done.

98% of all coins in the market are now focussing on making the wallet more and more functional or have the focus of market adoption somehow. They put a lot (really a lot) of effort in these developments. They forget to focus on what actually makes the 'coin' strong and unique. They forget what the pure philosophy was with creating Bitcoin. The decentralized blockchain. We already have a rock solid HTML5 wallet, a Android wallet, a good corporate website, a community website and much much more. We as a team DO have the focus on blockchain developments to create a blockchain that enables data on the chain.

We hire professional developers. Not just some kids playing around with code. Real world highly skilled developers that are top notch in their field of experience. Its all privately funded by the IOC team without any ICO nor pre-sale. Thats how much we believe in IOC.

This is not just a coin, this is development of the blockchain done in a corporate way. That takes time. We don't over-promise, we deliver tested, secure and super cool tech. Time is something relative, but important in the crypto world. People expect you to deliver something everyday. With these kind of developments that is just not possible. We deliver when its ready and fully functional. Corporates and large blockchain investors are looking at what we do. Thats all i can say.

So please focus on spreading the word about our blockchain and developments. If you are able to help in any way you can, please do so.
Your help is always welcome. If you have any good ideas, let us know in DM, Slack or iocoinhub.io

Thanks for your patience and being part of the I/OCoin community,

Regards
Richard
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
Check out the distribution https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/#!wallets (including the bittrex wallet) and its been roughly the same for weeks. If you look at some of the largest wallets, they haven't updated for days which explains the drop in the network weight Smiley
Fair enough. But this coin was at 50%'ish staking, what happened to those people?   Are you saying around 30% moved coins from staking wallets to bittrex ? It is a good coin, clear to see...
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
25% is really low.  Looking through this thread this coin has been at 50% before, i have seen it as low as 14%.   Worrying times ahead, i think this coin is in serious trouble of going back below 1k sats, which will spell the end of this coin.

stop talking shit pls, reading last page of this thread doesnt looks like this coin is to its end does it?

so you say a coind is comming to its end because 'only' 25% of the total coins are staking?many people never stake their coins at all, just let them sit in their wallet at trexx waiting for the moment, dont you get it?
25% is really low.  Looking through this thread this coin has been at 50% before, i have seen it as low as 14%.   Worrying times ahead, i think this coin is in serious trouble of going back below 1k sats, which will spell the end of this coin.

I would stay calm and hold on to my coins if I were you Smiley. Only few weeks ago you were saying you are lucky enough to buy in the 2k region, you will consider yourself luckier in few weeks if you pick some under 2k Smiley
25% is really low.  Looking through this thread this coin has been at 50% before, i have seen it as low as 14%.   Worrying times ahead, i think this coin is in serious trouble of going back below 1k sats, which will spell the end of this coin.
Just looking at the block explorer thing, the staking has gone down a lot, has me worried, only 18% now.  Is everything ok with the staking ? There is not a problem with coins staking is there? Just wondering why it had dropped so much.

there is no problem with my wallets. They are both staking fine. Its currently sitting at 25% and I am guessing that it will keep rising over the weekend.
Just looking at the block explorer thing, the staking has gone down a lot, has me worried, only 18% now.  Is everything ok with the staking ? There is not a problem with coins staking is there? Just wondering why it had dropped so much.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi I just invested some btc into ioc
What ioc is expecting in 2015??
And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin

Hello racer, we are currently developing DIONS. Dions is a decentralized input output Name Server. It's the beginning of our incursion into data on the blockchain. As a first feature you will be able to register a unique decentralized username, you will be able to send to and receive iocoin with it, their will be no need to used a hex address anymore. We have also just confirmed the ability to transfer this usernames/aliases that will be attached to a hex address. We are currently working on a road map for the year. Please stay tuned for more info as we always update weekly on saturdays.  Welcome to the community glad to have you on board...
Awesome feel great to be part of this coin
Looking forward to invest more once roadmap release
Thanks
Activity: 686
And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin

Hello racer, we are currently developing DIONS. Dions is a decentralized input output Name Server. It's the beginning of our incursion into data on the blockchain. As a first feature you will be able to register a unique decentralized username, you will be able to send to and receive iocoin with it, their will be no need to used a hex address anymore. We have also just confirmed the ability to transfer this usernames/aliases that will be attached to a hex address. We are currently working on a road map for the year. Please stay tuned for more info as we always update weekly on saturdays.  Welcome to the community glad to have you on board...
Activity: 585
And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin

Go and join http://www.iocoinhub.io/
Think there will be an updated roadmap any day soon.
Activity: 238
And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin
Blockchain!!!
Hi, we are looking forward to be able to store data into the blockchain. This opens up a lot of possibilities to build projects on top of our IO Chain. It is maybe difficult to understand what can be done, but think of it like adding some small portions of data into a decentralized database. Only if a majority / percentage (confirmations) agrees on the value of that data, then the data is 'agreed' on.

Like if somebody wants to send 2 BTC to somebody, but in return he wants some kind of service for it. Party A (sending the BTC) wants to be sure that he gets the service party B is giving when he is sending the BTC, and party B wants to be sure he gets the BTC. So first of all, they need to agree on the terms. If terms are set (in some kind of web interface) they can start with the "trade" . If the majority of the network (confirmations) are agreed on that the 2 BTC has been sent, the other end receives that confirm and sends the service that was agreed on. The chain is the holder of the decentralized information, the website (man in the middle) receives the info and if the terms are met then the BTC and the "service" is exchanged. That is a very simple explanation of what they call "smart contracts" or "arbitrary services". Services that rely on data that is checked in a decentralized and non negotiable way.

In our next white paper we will explain it a bit clearer what this is, but the basics you probably understand now.

This is just one feature that could be possible. We would love you fellow IOC-ers to think of some nice ideas that we can possibly follow-up. Please post them here or send them in DM if you want to keep it private.

== this message was posted on www.iocoinhub.ioas well. You can leave a reply there too so the majority of the community members can join in the conversation and ideas ==

Regards,
Richard
Activity: 140
IOS how looking much interesting....good job.. Smiley Smiley
Thats fantastic news, Thank you for your hard work I/Ocoin Dev Team
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
I/OCoin Weekly Development update March 28th 2015

Hello Community.... As promised, here we go with this week dev update.  Hope everyone had a good week cause we did... Grin Grin Grin.

Well beta test is almost over and what can I say it has gone as planned.  This week while beta testing DIONS, we found some areas in our current code that will be tweaked to boost our Blockchain performance and overall wallet functionality while sending and stacking coins. Can't go into too much detail, but we will have this updates very well described at launch of DIONS. So I'm just going to fast forward to some very important news. Usually we like to keep things under wrap because we are a always focused on development. We want to make sure we never over promise or hype, but this time we have to share some very important news. We have added a feature to DIONS that was not mentioned in our white paper and this is huge, we have found a way for people to be able to transfer their aliases. This week we successfully ran some tests of the domain name transfer functionality and it is essentially working. Names created in one peer were transferred to the address of another peer
and subsequently showed up correctly in the list of names for the other peer. We need to carry out more tests and fine tuning, but  we can report that it currently looks good and is essentially working.

This new feature adds some more time to our current beta test, but we are closing in on RC1 (release candidate 1) after the release candidates, then we will be working on the wallets to switch our qt and html5 wallet ions tab and so on. We also began compiling our roadmap for the year.

So for now DIONS is looking good with all basic logic working.
e.g. NEW NAME => ACTIVATE => UPDATE / TRANSFER with transferred names
correctly showing up in the target peer name list (i.e. the one with the
target ioc address used for the update)

Our project has all of us very excited and we have many ideas in the works that will be laid out in our roadmap infographics.

Have a fun week everyone and remember to keep coming to the forums and most importantly, our iocoinhub for the latest info on I/OCoin

Joel and Derek

I/OCoin Dev Team

The suspense is killing me, I wish I can fast forward the time till the next update Smiley
Blockchain!!!
Good day people,

What a fantastic post above, it is very pleasing to see a Digital Currency being able to help people all over the world, well done.   Our small team of investors here has been keeping a close eye on developments, we can see the huge potential of DIONS, but we also understand this type of development is very difficult to do and would require the skills of some seriously professional developers, so we are waiting until DIONS is released, then once we see it in action, working as stated, there are going to be some happy people, to say the least.

Also, the HUB is one of its kind, i have just found out about the iocoinHUB > [urlhttp://iocoinhub.io/index.php?r=user/auth/login][/url] and i'm very impressed.

Overall keep it up, heads are starting to turn.

L.I

Hi,

thanks for your kind post. DIONS is indeed very important and difficult to develop. That's why we didn't just hire any developer but developers that have a proven trackrecord and do this for a living. Top notch team! Not just spare-time developing (with respect to other part-time developers).

That said we have been developing it for many weeks now and have it tested in closed beta. In our next developer announcement we are going to update you on the current status. I can say that you will be surprised ;-)
There is also a new feature added to DIONS that you and other blockchain tech lovers would really appreciate. It's a feature that even an early coin and 'established' coin could not create and will be very important for DIONS....

DIONS will be the start of so much more. We thought DIONS was huge, but wait until we reveil what else we have in store once DIONS is up and running.
Basically we have DIONS. But that is just part of our main project called "DIO"  Decentralized Input Output. So DIONS is basically: "Decentralized Input Output Name Server" More to follow in a white paper explaining DIONS and the overall DIO project.

iocoinhub.io is indeed one of a kind community website. Glad you found your way there.

Regards
Richard
Activity: 686
March 22nd 2015 I/OCoin News! Conservation of Mangroves

On monday, 22 march 2015, our indonesian iocoin community lead by our team leader Bagus Budianto spent the day cleaning the beach of waste and planted 300 mangroves and 100 pines 
around the beach to help with conservation.

We made this event because the abrasion on kuwaru and baru beaches are so fast and we want to stop it and mangroves are ideal for this for more info

please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangrove.

Mangrove swamps protect coastal areas from erosion, storm surge (especially during hurricanes), and tsunamis. The mangroves' massive root systems are efficient at dissipating wave of energy.
Likewise, they slow down tidal water enough so its sediment is deposited as the tide comes in, leaving all except fine particles when the tide ebbs. In this way, mangroves build their own
environments.

Because of the uniqueness of mangrove ecosystems and the protection against erosion they provide, they are often the object of conservation programs,
including national biodiversity action plans.

Many thanks to  Bagus, Simon, Richard and the many that made this even a possibility.

Jump to: