Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 79. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
When the start-up DIONS ?  Huh

Hopefully before waves full nodes  Cheesy
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
When the start-up DIONS ?  Huh
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Founder of CoExistCoin
this is one of my faves
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Thanks for the update. Gotta say, the IOC team is by far the most passionate and dedicated team I have seen. Can't wait for DIONs release!
Im the One who Knocks.
Nice one Joel.  Great to hear DIONS is in the latter stages of testing, i am sure it is going to be widely appreciated once released.
Hopefully it will bring the much needed volume, IOC needs over 100btc vol daily to get noticed.

Anyhow, Looking forward to the new wallet, i might even stake some coins again.

Many thanks.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Thank you very much.  Well said.  I totally agree with the lack of professionalism in many of these projects. 

Keep up the good work and you will get there.  You are doing this the right way and it will pay off in the end.

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
fantastic update, thank you very much Joel and team
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
Hello Everyone hope you're all well. I haven't had a chance to do any huge updates, as Ive been so busy with ioc work.  We are now approaching FULL DIONS Beta. I want to clarify that we have been running DIONS in testnet for a very long time, but we have been perfecting it and adding the last remaining api plugs into the wallet. Once our beta testers say we are good and all tests that we are going to run are passed we are full release. Since we have tested DIONS for a long time we don't expect any major problems, possibly very minor things that need to be tweaked with the front end wallet.

We have seen now what has transpired in the space with the DAO hack, ETH fork and now the rebirth of the original ETH Chain called ETC. I have made my views on this matter in our slack for those who may want to read. This entire fiasco did one thing for me, It once again proved that there is very little professionalism in this space. There is not enough responsibility when profits are in the way. In the contrary, We have done wonders as a project, for over 2 years, working hard without any outside funding. I've personally funded development and many other things with ioc and have been staking all along, so when DIONS releases it will be like a newborn child to me. I personally can't WAIT for all of you to start experiencing DIONS. This will be for me, a very important personal achievement, and proof to myself, of our teams will against all odds. It has been relentless the amount of work against all odds, but this is what separates the pros from the kiddies.

We are working on a DIONS infographics and we will be preparing marketing prior to our main release to go out to the press. Sam is now building an ecosystem as we speak for our full beta testing to begin and is taking a list of testers to be vetted for the work. This stage requires technical experience for us to be able to move fast and get to release, so before you sign up make sure to keep this in mind. This test will be with our new DIONS html5 wallet. This is the last testings that we will do and front end work before release. This is finally the last stage Folks.

For more info, please register in our slack

big hug

Joel
Im the One who Knocks.
I like it when its less talk.Why speak of the patents now. Focus is Dions release. The devs update even more than is necessary IMO. Accumulate n less chatter til release is best

Thats the way it is here for sure.

Whats going to come First?

DIONS

or Waves Full Nodes  Smiley
Im the One who Knocks.
Open source vs proprietary is an huge puzzle.  I have been watching some of the clone projects and just taking the idea has not necessarily translated into profit or success. 

However, my vote is to not make it open source until you are at least established.  Not sure in the environment how much people will respect your work if they think they can take it over and beat you to a profit from it.

Your model for this coin is a little bigger (understating it, of course!) than a quick profit scheme.

I am, in fact, waiting for you to get it done because I want to use it.

There was also talk about patents....  would love to hear some more on that.

legendary
Open source vs proprietary is an huge puzzle.  I have been watching some of the clone projects and just taking the idea has not necessarily translated into profit or success. 

However, my vote is to not make it open source until you are at least established.  Not sure in the environment how much people will respect your work if they think they can take it over and beat you to a profit from it.

Your model for this coin is a little bigger (understating it, of course!) than a quick profit scheme.

I am, in fact, waiting for you to get it done because I want to use it.
Im the One who Knocks.
Do you want updates seconds after release? Subscribe to our Slack channel.
Small updates will be posted there first www.iodigital.io/slack

===

Update:
Derek has commissioned sam to spin up reference servers for compiling the wallet on windows and osx for beta, this means over the next 48hrs Sam will be deploying these environments to begin compiling work of our DIONS beta wallets. Once sam deploys this environments we will be working on compiling errors that may come up to get the backend compiled. DIONS wallet backend is already working in linux (Alpha1). We continue the push for beta.

We want to address Why DIONS has been delayed for the ones who have asked. We had a situation early on were development became way too “C" advanced for Pat, our java developer, and Derek (our Lead Developer) had to basically push on his own with the back end and front end to get it all put together. Pat however had initially gotten us all the major java plugs of our wallet to a certain point, witch was far enough for Derek to continue on the work. So think of it like this, Derek has had to do the job of 2 developers for a better part of the project.

We had carefully vetted a few candidates to come in and work but it was still too “C" advanced for this candidates in what was required for them to do with java. This brought some more delays as Derek was having to explain in detail steps what needed to be done. Derek pressed on and now we are closing in on Beta. There has been internal discussion on how to better move ahead for the future developments while also safeguarding the code, this is something that we are looking to address for chameleon. Usually open source projects are developed in an open format in github or bitbucket.

This then lends itself for independent developers to want to participate in code development but it also leaves open the code to be copied and cloned, there for a copycat coin could be produced claiming to have our features, or another project could just take the code but using some of our code work even before we could release. Never the less our strong belief is that Blockchain projects are to be open source as it ensures proper vetting and further advances the entire decentralized ecosystem. In our unique case most of the development has been privately funded from day 1 and I personally hope that at some point our community is big and strong enough to have proper community participation in all aspects of the project. For now we continue to push full time to DIONS  and we are looking great.

Thanks for your support,

I/O Digital team

IDEA: If people want the feature/code put a price on it, EG: $25,000+  simple as that. 
But weighing up how much has been spent on DIONS and new Wallet, price tag would have to be closer to $100k

And considering how much ICO's get thats a drop in the ocean $100k
Activity: 527
Blockchain!!!
Do you want updates seconds after release? Subscribe to our Slack channel.
Small updates will be posted there first www.iodigital.io/slack

===

Update:
Derek has commissioned sam to spin up reference servers for compiling the wallet on windows and osx for beta, this means over the next 48hrs Sam will be deploying these environments to begin compiling work of our DIONS beta wallets. Once sam deploys this environments we will be working on compiling errors that may come up to get the backend compiled. DIONS wallet backend is already working in linux (Alpha1). We continue the push for beta.

We want to address Why DIONS has been delayed for the ones who have asked. We had a situation early on were development became way too “C" advanced for Pat, our java developer, and Derek (our Lead Developer) had to basically push on his own with the back end and front end to get it all put together. Pat however had initially gotten us all the major java plugs of our wallet to a certain point, witch was far enough for Derek to continue on the work. So think of it like this, Derek has had to do the job of 2 developers for a better part of the project.

We had carefully vetted a few candidates to come in and work but it was still too “C" advanced for this candidates in what was required for them to do with java. This brought some more delays as Derek was having to explain in detail steps what needed to be done. Derek pressed on and now we are closing in on Beta. There has been internal discussion on how to better move ahead for the future developments while also safeguarding the code, this is something that we are looking to address for chameleon. Usually open source projects are developed in an open format in github or bitbucket.

This then lends itself for independent developers to want to participate in code development but it also leaves open the code to be copied and cloned, there for a copycat coin could be produced claiming to have our features, or another project could just take the code but using some of our code work even before we could release. Never the less our strong belief is that Blockchain projects are to be open source as it ensures proper vetting and further advances the entire decentralized ecosystem. In our unique case most of the development has been privately funded from day 1 and I personally hope that at some point our community is big and strong enough to have proper community participation in all aspects of the project. For now we continue to push full time to DIONS  and we are looking great.

Thanks for your support,

I/O Digital team
Activity: 840
My thoughts and hopefully thoughts of ioc community are with you and your family mr groen. may your inlaws have a speedy recovery, both physically and emotionally.

Also, good luck with the upcoming meetups.

I see some updates here about the functioning of dions, but what of updates as to the status of ioc the organization?
legendary
Thank you for the update.  Take care of your family, much more important!
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
@channel: DIONS UPDATE: We’ve continued on today and the wallet UI side of messaging is nearly ready. For this preliminary beta version, we are using a page showing a list of imported rsa keys each of which can be selected for the sending of an encrypted message. After initial beta release we will be polishing this up, for example the public key import friends will lend itself nicely to being termed some form of "private friends list".

We will be focusing on running  this beta version with sam and his testnet environment.  This initial phase will be on linux. Meanwhile we will also address some cross compile issues but in the meantime nothing should get in the way of our beta testing this week. Let’s keep the good vives… Thanks Community (Joel)

Latest update from Slack.
Im the One who Knocks.
Been holiday season in the Netherlands. So was a bit silent from my end.
I was away for three weeks and Joel / Sam / Derek continued working.

Two weeks of relaxing and one week i suppose to do so, but due to personal / family circumstances we just could not relax.
Two uncles of my wife died the last week (cancer) and my father- and mother in law had a heavy car accident when they were returning home (from southern france to Holland)  to attend for the funeral. (they were on our holiday spot for a week as well). Car wrecked and caravan as well. They are physically fine and we managed to get them back to the Netherlands in time to attend. So a rough last week. If i see messages in here talking about the lack of updates: we continued to work and i was on a holiday with some personal stuff to take care as well.

So yes, updates were scarce maybe for people that are not on Slack. We like to post updates on Slack so we have people close to us.
The more major updates will be done on BCT, Facebook and other channels.

Coming Friday ( http://meetu.ps/e/BSKqT/sZrkH/d ) i will be attending a panel discussion at the Amsterdam Legal Hackers gathering.
The panel has some great people in it and i am looking forward for the discussion with them and the audience.
We will be discussing legal implications combined with the usage of Blockchain technology.
A very good way to mention I/O Digital and our plans.

After that in a few weeks I will be present at Bitcoin Meetup in Amsterdam as well.

Cheers,
Richard

Really sorry about those bad incidents. Hope they recover back soon fast and be back up. Hard times.

Thanks for providing updates in critical situations like these and still attending the coming meetup.

Good Luck to your family members, take care.

Really hard time of things Richard, i hope things will get better and your Father and Mother-in-law will get well soon, must be really shocking.

The meeting on Friday looks good i am sure you will learn a few things there, maybe find someone to really "stress test" the Dions network also.
Activity: 546

Two weeks of relaxing and one week i suppose to do so, but due to personal / family circumstances we just could not relax.
Two uncles of my wife died the last week (cancer) and my father- and mother in law had a heavy car accident when they were returning home (from southern france to Holland)  to attend for the funeral. (they were on our holiday spot for a week as well). Car wrecked and caravan as well. They are physically fine and we managed to get them back to the Netherlands in time to attend. So a rough last week. If i see messages in here talking about the lack of updates: we continued to work and i was on a holiday with some personal stuff to take care as well.

So yes, updates were scarce maybe for people that are not on Slack. We like to post updates on Slack so we have people close to us.

Coming Friday ( http://meetu.ps/e/BSKqT/sZrkH/d ) i will be attending a panel discussion at the Amsterdam Legal Hackers gathering.
The panel has some great people in it and i am looking forward for the discussion with them and the audience.
We will be discussing legal implications combined with the usage of Blockchain technology.

After that in a few weeks I will be present at Bitcoin Meetup in Amsterdam as well.

Cheers,
Richard

Really sorry about those bad incidents. Hope they recover back soon fast and be back up. Hard times.

Thanks for providing updates in critical situations like these and still attending the coming meetup.

Good Luck to your family members, take care.
Activity: 527
Blockchain!!!

Cheers,
Richard
Pages:
Jump to: