Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 82. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
Now look at that shakeout, before the big rise. Grin
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
So i guess these days DIONS should be released regarding to conference???
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
relative to bitfinex hack.....wallet vaults that let you rollback withdrawls (am I understanding correctly)

http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/08/03/how-bitfinex-heist-could-have-been-avoided/

interesting in theory...is this even doable? maybe something to work on after sunrise , if it not already on map

Perhaps what is needed here is a scheme that does not break Bitcoin's all-too-critical irreversibility when dealing with strangers, but allows someone to take back his funds in the event of a hack.

How might such a scheme work? It seems almost in fundamental conflict. There is no definition for a "hack," so an unrestricted undo mechanism will certainly break irreversibility.

But there is actually a solution. Here is what it might look like.

Suppose I designate some of my funds as being in a specially-marked cold storage account, or, let's call them vaults. To pay for things, I need to move them out of my vault to a regular wallet, a process which takes, say, a day. Merchants never accept payments directly from vaults; they use regular Bitcoin addresses, and payments work in the regular, irreversible fashion. But the special thing about vaults is that they come with two keys. One key is used to unlock the vault and move your funds to a regular wallet. The other one, called a recovery key, is used when you notice that your funds were hacked and moved out of the vault by a hacker. You can then use your recovery key to undo the hack -- you have 24 hours to notice and launch the recovery and get back all the funds.

Notice that you cannot fool a merchant with this trick and revert a real transaction. All you can do is take back your own money from someone who is trying to steal it.

more in depth
http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/02/29/bitcoin-vaults/

Great Catch!  All i can recall that is a little similar to this, $IOC were going to introduce a "feature" in hte wallet that gave the user a short amount of time, like 60 seconds, to "call back / reverse" a transaction.

Which would be great, as i am sure many here has sent the wrong amount to someone or even released they sent to the wrong address.

This 60 second "window" gives users plenty of time to double check the transaction, after they have sent it.  But i guess the transaction would be on hold for 60 seconds, before being sent.

would love to hear from a DEV here also.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
relative to bitfinex hack.....wallet vaults that let you rollback withdrawls (am I understanding correctly)

http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/08/03/how-bitfinex-heist-could-have-been-avoided/

interesting in theory...is this even doable? maybe something to work on after sunrise , if it not already on map

Perhaps what is needed here is a scheme that does not break Bitcoin's all-too-critical irreversibility when dealing with strangers, but allows someone to take back his funds in the event of a hack.

How might such a scheme work? It seems almost in fundamental conflict. There is no definition for a "hack," so an unrestricted undo mechanism will certainly break irreversibility.

But there is actually a solution. Here is what it might look like.

Suppose I designate some of my funds as being in a specially-marked cold storage account, or, let's call them vaults. To pay for things, I need to move them out of my vault to a regular wallet, a process which takes, say, a day. Merchants never accept payments directly from vaults; they use regular Bitcoin addresses, and payments work in the regular, irreversible fashion. But the special thing about vaults is that they come with two keys. One key is used to unlock the vault and move your funds to a regular wallet. The other one, called a recovery key, is used when you notice that your funds were hacked and moved out of the vault by a hacker. You can then use your recovery key to undo the hack -- you have 24 hours to notice and launch the recovery and get back all the funds.

Notice that you cannot fool a merchant with this trick and revert a real transaction. All you can do is take back your own money from someone who is trying to steal it.

more in depth
http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/02/29/bitcoin-vaults/

actually it should be an IOshi
thank you for your compliments in advance  Smiley

I have to say I like it better than IOtoshi so well done  Smiley
thanks...but really couldn't have done it without your contribution. for real....it pointed me in the right direction and then it just seemed to roll off my tongue.
Activity: 365
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

I have to say I like it better than IOtoshi so well done  Smiley
Im the One who Knocks.
RETWEET PLEASE:

https://twitter.com/IO_Coin/status/760445085573980161

and read the short and sweet description explaining DIONS.

http://www.iodigital.io/dions/

This is HUGE!  Huger than Sparta!  Cool
Im the One who Knocks.
It would be awesome if I/O Coin gets listed on a big Chinese exchange....  Wink

https://www.kraken.com/     would be my first pick  (highly unlikely to happen unless IOC got the volume you see with ETC or ETH)

Regarding biggest Chinese exchange, it might of mattered in the past, but now i dont think it matters.
Chinese like Bitcoin, Ethereum and now ETH Classic they dont bother much with alt coins.

Wrong....Tanvi is a great Chinese Exchange with many Altcoins as well as btc38 .... They love Altcoins as well

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

BTC38 is only ranked #18 in terms of volume. that other exchange tanvi, is not in the top 20, and the scam excange yobit is ranked 22, on this list.  so getting added to chinese exchange would do little for ioc.

out of all of them  #6 Yunbi, would be best.  https://yunbi.com/
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
It would be awesome if I/O Coin gets listed on a big Chinese exchange....  Wink

https://www.kraken.com/     would be my first pick  (highly unlikely to happen unless IOC got the volume you see with ETC or ETH)

Regarding biggest Chinese exchange, it might of mattered in the past, but now i dont think it matters.
Chinese like Bitcoin, Ethereum and now ETH Classic they dont bother much with alt coins.

Wrong....Tanvi is a great Chinese Exchange with many Altcoins as well as btc38 .... They love Altcoins as well
Im the One who Knocks.

https://www.kraken.com/     would be my first pick  (highly unlikely to happen unless IOC got the volume you see with ETC or ETH)

Hi guys....

Any news about release...  SHOULD BE IN AROUND 7 DAYS
Why is the project undervalued right now? BECAUSE ITS MORE ADVANCED THAN 90% IN CRYPTO
I remember someone said 100k sats is a good price for I/O coin  Wink

Hope it attains it soon....Lots of good releases, partnerships, Biz news coming up I guess.  Cool
Lets see how the 2nd half of the year goes Smiley

And what you said.  Dions is just one of several stepping stones needed to cross over to the Blockchain Show Time.
Once a couple of more things are in place like the DIOEX and having partnerships, IOC wil hit 100k  (within 12 months you can mark my words).

IOC is a POS (Proof of Stake) coin also.  Like ETH and ETC and look at their prices, IOC could soon have the developments they have, people could well be using the IOC blockchain to create Dapps, programs, build little martian houses on Mars... you get the idea.

Maybe Tesla would like to use the IOC blockchain as part of the Gigafactory...

As for the suggestions of naming the bits of IOC, totally Mental  Tongue
a naming contest could be a way to get more exposure
Im the One who Knocks.
Hi guys....

Any news about release...  SHOULD BE IN AROUND 7 DAYS
Why is the project undervalued right now? BECAUSE ITS MORE ADVANCED THAN 90% IN CRYPTO

Hope it attains it soon....Lots of good releases, partnerships, Biz news coming up I guess.  Cool

And what you said.  Dions is just one of several stepping stones needed to cross over to the Blockchain Show Time.
Once a couple of more things are in place like the DIOEX and having partnerships, IOC wil hit 100k  (within 12 months you can mark my words).

IOC is a POS (Proof of Stake) coin also.  Like ETH and ETC and look at their prices, IOC could soon have the developments they have, people could well be using the IOC blockchain to create Dapps, programs, build little martian houses on Mars... you get the idea.

Maybe Tesla would like to use the IOC blockchain as part of the Gigafactory...

As for the suggestions of naming the bits of IOC, totally Mental  Tongue
wtat's thr special of the coin?
dedication, also let me refer you to posting a few pages back

Hello Everyone, Today is our 2 year project launch Birthdate. It has been 2 years of non stop challenges and work. I  never thought it would be so much work and I'm talking about almost 24hrs a day at times. To do a small recap, when we launched, we wanted to have a fair launch. We wanted to assimilate the true essence of how Satoshi launched bitcoin. Not only did we self funded our entire proposition we also did it without an ICO, NO Premine but at the time we also added X11 which was added difficulty to the mining process to make it more difficult and fair for everyone who mined ioc. 2 weeks after our successful mining period we successfully transitioned from POW to POS. We set a roadmap in place and one by one we completed our tasks. We were the first Successful project to move away from a full QT Wallet to a new native staking HTML5 wallet. Another of these tasks was to upgrade our Variable POS to  POS V.2  and then to our unique POS I/O (Fast - Volume Controlled Blockchain). Now that we have been up for almost 2 years with 0 downtime, we successfully tested IONS (Semi-Centralized Aliases) and completed all our tasks proposed in our roadmap, I can now say that this first period has been a full success.

Now that we are building on our solid platform, we are getting very close to launching DIONS. DIONS has been quite a challenge as we carefully looked at other propositions out there and saw some key flaws in other blockchains claiming to have a this fully working features. We had to kind of re-write the wheel if I must say and add a few important features to DIONS. This includes a fully working (Private) Encrypted alias system. Even though we are not a stealth coin, we do believe in privacy. There are areas of people's lives that should remain in privacy if that person so chooses. When we are talking about aliases someone may want to have a public alias, but also have a private alias, for say friends and family. The same goes for our messaging system. We also added the possibility of storing small amounts of data as to avoid bloat to our main chain. With this said our next proposition will be Chameleon and once DIONS is successfully released, we will put the final touches to our Chameleon white paper. The team has also been working on the code and we are very advanced into it, but we have been full DIONS mode and now we are in the final stretch.

We will be having a Google Hangout coming up July 24th, 2016 around 10AM EST Time. We will also share some new details on a special project we are working on...

Thanks To Everyone

Joel

Amazing work all round to say the least!  Lets look at some of the factors, needed, to be innovative and successful in this blockchain world. Then compare IOC Team against other teams here, you will see IOC is the hardest working and most dedicated and trustworthy of them all.

• - work and I'm talking about almost 24hrs a day at times.
  • - fair launch.  No ICO, No Premine, 100% Mining for fair distribution.
  • - new native staking HTML5 wallet. Combined with unique PoS algo
  • - solid platform, we are getting very close to launching DIONS  (see www.iodigital.io for more info on DIONS)
  • -  fully working (Private) Encrypted alias system 
    (no need to type in long addresses that makes it easy to make a mistake, now simply send coins via easy to remember usernames
    EG (goodbye) 49gVtth60dVR5hbTGC42DsWTF 
    say HELLO to -  MrWhiteBites 
    (imagine how useful this is for financial services)
  • -next proposition will be Project - Chameleon  (wow this is very promising)

So make sure to tune in Saturday July 23rd, 2016 around 10AM EST Time  Google Hangout.   Smiley
Hi guys....

Any news about release...
Why is the project undervalued right now?

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
wtat's thr special of the coin?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Shouldn't it be an "iota"? Tongue
Activity: 220
Merit: 110
Activity: 365
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
I was thinking of what the smallest unit of IOC (1/100000000) or the satoshi equivalent, is called and I realised that it doesn't have a name yet. So I would like to propose IOtoshi haha

So 1 IOC= 100000000 IOtoshi

What do you think guys?  Cheesy

What about I/O Crumb?

I like that too but I am more biased towards IOtoshi, maybe we should get few more suggestions and run a poll?
Pages:
Jump to: