Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 83. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 220
Merit: 110
I was thinking of what the smallest unit of IOC (1/100000000) or the satoshi equivalent, is called and I realised that it doesn't have a name yet. So I would like to propose IOtoshi haha

So 1 IOC= 100000000 IOtoshi

What do you think guys?  Cheesy

What about I/O Crumb?
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
I was thinking of what the smallest unit of IOC (1/100000000) or the satoshi equivalent, is called and I realised that it doesn't have a name yet. So I would like to propose IOtoshi haha

So 1 IOC= 100000000 IOtoshi

What do you think guys?  Cheesy

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
How does the wallet work for IOC? If you backup the wallet.dat (from the html5 wallet) and later make a new address and send 10 IOC to it let's say, would that address show up on that previously saved copy of the wallet.dat? Or does it only store addresses that were created before saving it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Tongue

I'm not sure how the IO wallet works, but generally a .dat backup stores the private keys to the addresses that are in that wallet at the time of the backup. I'd assume the html5 wallet works this way as well.

Another way to think about it is from a logical standpoint. How can a backup contain a copy of something that doesn't exist when that backup was created? Make sense?

So, whenever you create and fund a new address make a new backup. Better safe than sorry. But don't take my word for it, check with the developers. I'm only answering so my rank goes up and I can sport the IO coin logo.
the new address wouldn't be on the backup, but would be on the chain. so if you backed up wallet, then created addresses with same wallet and did not back it up and it crashed somehow, you could reinstall wallet with just wallet dat file. when you sync with chain the new address and deposits should show up.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
How does the wallet work for IOC? If you backup the wallet.dat (from the html5 wallet) and later make a new address and send 10 IOC to it let's say, would that address show up on that previously saved copy of the wallet.dat? Or does it only store addresses that were created before saving it?

I'm not sure how the IO wallet works, but generally a .dat backup stores the private keys to the addresses that are in that wallet at the time of the backup. I'd assume the html5 wallet works this way as well.

Another way to think about it is from a logical standpoint. How can a backup contain a copy of something that doesn't exist when that backup was created? Make sense?

So, whenever you create and fund a new address make a new backup. Better safe than sorry. But don't take my word for it, check with the developers. I'm only answering so my rank goes up and I can sport the IO coin logo.
Activity: 2

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I would say that 100k is highly possible this year Wink

Within 12months i would be shocked if $IOC was not over 100k satoshi.

Well with these sell walls showing up all the time, that won't happen. There's 225,000 more IOC for sale today than yesterday. Over 44% more. It's from a seller that placed 79 BTC for sale @ 35k satoshi.

I guess it could be someone trying to put selling pressure into IOC so they can accumulate below 35k..
last time a sell wall went up.....at around 25K....not sure if it got gobbled up or was pulled, but price got up to that target on some good volume before pulling back. lets see how this plays out with dions on horizon.

My money is on the walls getting pulled. And even if they don't 30k then 35k is still a major movement in price.

The last wall actually got bought up and killed a potential rally.

It's just annoying because if it were not for these two big sellers, this could find a much higher floor.

The walls are quite higher up which makes it clear they do not want to be touched, so im pretty confident they will get pulled when they get nibbled at.   Just your usual "pressure walls" so the person can get coins in this price region. 

I actually like to see walls like this, it is always a good sign and IOC rebounded really well after the last rally in face of this ETH and ETC drama.

Looking forward to hearing good things with the Beta Testing of DIONS.

Things will get interesting once the sell wall gets pulled down and buy walls appear....We might break 40-50k soon..Who knows..
Yes, DIONS is really what I'm excited about as well as the partnership announcements  Roll Eyes
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.

Well with these sell walls showing up all the time, that won't happen. There's 225,000 more IOC for sale today than yesterday. Over 44% more. It's from a seller that placed 79 BTC for sale @ 35k satoshi.

I guess it could be someone trying to put selling pressure into IOC so they can accumulate below 35k..
last time a sell wall went up.....at around 25K....not sure if it got gobbled up or was pulled, but price got up to that target on some good volume before pulling back. lets see how this plays out with dions on horizon.

My money is on the walls getting pulled. And even if they don't 30k then 35k is still a major movement in price.

It's just annoying because if it were not for these two big sellers, this could find a much higher floor.

The walls are quite higher up which makes it clear they do not want to be touched, so im pretty confident they will get pulled when they get nibbled at.   Just your usual "pressure walls" so the person can get coins in this price region. 

I actually like to see walls like this, it is always a good sign and IOC rebounded really well after the last rally in face of this ETH and ETC drama.

Looking forward to hearing good things with the Beta Testing of DIONS.
Activity: 35

Activity: 35

Blockchain is 90.something% downloaded. Going to start staking for the cause.

Just remember, to set the password for it as soon as possible and make sure to back up wallet.

DO NOT send coins to Wallet until this fully in sync with blockchain.

(you can but they wont appear until blockchain has loaded)

Encryption and backup was the first thing I did. I sent 1 coin as an early test run. I figured I wouldn't see it until the chain was synced. 
not really such a newbie then....glad to have you as part of the community. good to see you not in this for 24 hours

A newbie to crypto but not to computers or security in general. And thanks, I def think blockchain tech is the future. I see possible applications everywhere. So yeah, I'm here to stay.

Just remember, to set the password for it as soon as possible and make sure to back up wallet.

Encryption and backup was the first thing I did. I sent 1 coin as an early test run. I figured I wouldn't see it until the chain was synced. 
not really such a newbie then....glad to have you as part of the community. good to see you not in this for 24 hours

Im the One who Knocks.

Im the One who Knocks.

Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets for IOCoin. If you are using Raspbian Wheezy (v7) you have to use the headless command line wallet. If you are using Raspboan Jessie (v8) you can choose between the headless commandl line wallet or the Qt wallet.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallets were built on Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy (v7) as well as Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have either Raspbian Wheezy or Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for one of the 2 versions of the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallets go to the directory with the wallets and run the wallet file (iocoind_jessie or iocoin_wheezy for the respective headless wallets at the command line or if you have Jessie you can click on the IOC icon on the desktop or run the iocoin-qt wallet.
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 734407. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take several hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum and md5sum and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy (depending on which version of the OS you installed) in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy eg. ./iocoin_jessy getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind_jessie encryptwallet or ./iocoind_wheezy encryptwallet
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind_jessie walletpasshprase 99999999 true or ./iocoind_wheezy walletpasshprase 99999999 true

Instructions to use the Qt wallet:

1) The wallet works exactly the same as the one in Windows.

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

For Raspbian Wheezy (headless wallet)
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi_w.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi_w.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi_w.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

For Raspbian Jessy (headless & Qt wallet)
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to Wheezy wallet installation script
Link to Jessie wallet installation script
Link to Qt wallet for Jessie
Link to headless wallet for Jessie
Link to headless wallet for Wheezy
Link to virustotal scan for iocoin-qt
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind_jessie
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind_wheezy
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 734407 (228MB zipped)
Link to checksums.txt

IOC address : idYs21ShUEQQz5QWJmTDwRBeWceRaUQLxp
this is what was posted six months ago....chain is much bigger now, so syncing takes some time
Hi everyone, i'm trying to setup a node on Ubuntu.

Does any one have a guide somewhere or happy to guide me along in the Slack channel?

My Mac laptop ain't cutting it.
about 40 pages back are instructions for setting up a wallet on a raspberry pi. not sure if that helps or not
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hi everyone, i'm trying to setup a node on Ubuntu.

Does any one have a guide somewhere or happy to guide me along in the Slack channel?

My Mac laptop ain't cutting it.
Pages:
Jump to: