Author

Topic: IOTA - page 392. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
-09-
February 18, 2017, 07:04:25 AM
Is IOTA currently on any exchange?
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
February 17, 2017, 02:05:20 PM
We are waiting for hardware?
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
February 16, 2017, 09:15:14 AM
Is reusing the same address to receive IOTA still not recommended?

Depends on how you define "reusing".
You may receive Iotas as many times as you wish to the same address without any loss of security.
But as soon as you make an outgoing transfer you should no longer use the address to receive Iotas.

Exchanges will hate this? And users deposit address will change every time also, because exchange need to collect into hot/cold wallet.

For the end user: The GUI wallet automatically changes address when you spend IOTA funds.
For the exchanges: I see no trouble, since each user will have separate deposit address and during withdrawal the IOTAs leave the exchange each time from a different address.

@IOTA experts: correct me if I'm wrong

Correct, the GUI wallet automatically transfers remaining IOTA to a new address if the user makes a transfer.
Same I suppose the Exchanges will do. For Cold wallet they just need to keep track of the new deposit addresses, but that should not be to hard to do.
Wonder how exchanges will handel snapshots and regeneration of addresses though...but I think Dominik sad that this can be solved with index values or something
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
February 15, 2017, 04:13:29 AM

You may receive Iotas as many times as you wish to the same address without any loss of security.
But as soon as you make an outgoing transfer you should no longer use the address to receive Iotas.

Exchanges will hate this? And users deposit address will change every time also, because exchange need to collect into hot/cold wallet.

For the end user: The GUI wallet automatically changes address when you spend IOTA funds.
For the exchanges: I see no trouble, since each user will have separate deposit address and during withdrawal the IOTAs leave the exchange each time from a different address.

@IOTA experts: correct me if I'm wrong
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 15, 2017, 03:20:05 AM

Activity: 695
February 14, 2017, 11:29:48 PM

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
February 13, 2017, 03:44:03 PM

Correct.
Activity: 656
February 13, 2017, 03:36:46 PM
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
cryptoPag.com
February 11, 2017, 03:11:23 PM
What is the meaning of DA and TA columns in the iota.cool explorer?

DA = Direct Approvals
TA = Total Approvals

OK, and why are both numbers always equal to each other for all transactions, at least in the explorer table?

For such details you'd better ask to the iota.cool admin (@alfred-ch at slack) or maybe to CfB. You'd surelly get a correct explanation.
Activity: 378
February 11, 2017, 09:24:03 AM

DA = Direct Approvals
TA = Total Approvals

OK, and why are both numbers always equal to each other for all transactions, at least in the explorer table?
Activity: 150
cryptoPag.com
February 10, 2017, 09:26:49 AM

DA = Direct Approvals
TA = Total Approvals
February 10, 2017, 05:47:08 AM
Activity: 503
Merit: 502
February 09, 2017, 03:11:42 PM
Some updates:

Trading Bot Stats (avg 10,62BTC/ti)
19'235 Gi and 12'304'519 microBTC on the balances
11'742 Gi and 20'004'626 microBTC in the orders
10 Gi in the fishpond
489 orders
214 trades
23'283 Gi traded for 247'342'687 microBTC

New Android Wallet released:
https://medium.com/iotatangle/community-made-mobile-wallet-75045043be1c#

New Article:
https://medium.com/@bitmintnews/iota-a-key-ingredient-of-the-definitive-solution-to-the-cyber-identity-crisis-ff12c85b3886#.9mb0whhoe

The IOTA foundation hosted an hackathon in their office in Berlin. I'm sure there will be an update with some pictures Smiley
https://twitter.com/iotatoken/status/829062952191979521
http://hacking.law/

Luey is looking for IOTA whales to support projects/ideas from the community!
https://twitter.com/lueyforje/status/829193439589912578

Short summary from limo:
http://www.tangleblog.com/2017/02/07/february-report-1/
https://twitter.com/steveomarburg/status/827130597944471552

New foundation member:
https://medium.com/iotatangle/welcome-david-a-cohen-to-the-iota-foundation-1d0c694e52bc#
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
February 08, 2017, 09:11:28 PM
All the richest persons in the world got their wealth by providing something useful back to the society, then money comes naturally as a side effect!

Huh.. that was friggin' tough... Shocked. The best joke. Grin
Hope other parts of the announcement make more sence. Smiley

Good luck though!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
February 08, 2017, 05:31:47 PM
Is there a IOTA tangle explorer available? Sadly, the one I used in the past (tangle.ninja) is not available anymore.

iota.cool
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
February 08, 2017, 05:21:31 PM
Is there a IOTA tangle explorer available? Sadly, the one I used in the past (tangle.ninja) is not available anymore.
February 08, 2017, 12:04:23 PM
Can anyone give a definitive answer whether using the spam feature in the wallet is good for the network? I'd love if it's eli5'ed in a couple of sentences lengthier than Yes or No Smiley

We are deploying a fix that will make it easier for exchanges to process transfers, your issue will be solved semi-automatically after the fix is adopted by the spammers.

Is the fix included in the 1.1.2.6?

The network spammer is good for the overall network as it provides PoW for transactions to be pushed through.

From my understanding, for every transaction that you send, PoW are required for 2 others, so it helps confirm more transactions

Thanks, this is useful.
Activity: 714
February 08, 2017, 12:00:56 PM
Looking for whales to join a private whale club where we chip in together and fund projects.

So you got lucky? Let's make it more than just luck!
We gather together in this private club and when a nice project arises that requires funding. We brainstorm together and chip in together. It won't work with one whale throwing all his profits out the window but it also will not work if all whales cashes out, we'd all loose.

We need to come together and make this more than a speculation!
All the richest persons in the world got their wealth by providing something useful back to the society, then money comes naturally as a side effect! Let's make it happen with IOTA!

Make our investments grow by making smart and coordinated fundings.
You were glad that you invested in the ICO, you will be even more glad that you invested in funding real world applications/projects!

Don't get greedy, we all know the IOTA Foundation has been funded, and we have funded other deals as well.
But for long term and a bigger picture we must keep the foundation as strong and as long as possible. So right now some projects will require help from us lucky ICO Whales!

What do we get in return in this club?
-We get returns on our investment by investing further.
-We get the first hand to know what is behind the scenes as we are funding them.
Maybe we get awesome recognition and rewards for funding a successful project.
-We get that good feeling of being useful, we did something that added value to ourselves and to a brighter future, not just being lucky at ico and dump out.
-We might get other things, but that is left for private discussions with our clients.

Let's get iota above the billion dollar market cap by getting together and fund for real-world uses!

Minimum pledge 1Ti, message me in slack for invites (@luey), you do not need to send anything to anywhere just keep your words. (later we might set up a fund with the foundation where we can voice out how much, part of own pledge we want to chip in. Kind of like stocks where investors have a say on what/where to spend the funds, your voice is only as loud as your pledges. All IOTA Foundation members get free invite.

https://twitter.com/lueyforje/status/829193439589912578

seems legit. xD

if you have to look for members by public forum post you are not the right person for this.

I can actually verify that Luey is serious and has indeed set this up. I have encouraged this since day 1, so when finally a whale does it and gets other whales with him, I 100% support it. This is imperative for the success of IOTA long term, and it is basic math. "Should I invest 5-10% of my holdings to build projects on top of IOTA which in return makes my remaining holding worth X more? Or should I be greedy and lose out?" It's like that old adage of "its better to have a small piece of something big, than a big piece of something small", except here you can still have a big piece of something big simply by investing a small piece.
Activity: 159
February 08, 2017, 12:00:37 PM
Can anyone give a definitive answer whether using the spam feature in the wallet is good for the network? I'd love if it's eli5'ed in a couple of sentences lengthier than Yes or No Smiley

We are deploying a fix that will make it easier for exchanges to process transfers, your issue will be solved semi-automatically after the fix is adopted by the spammers.

The network spammer is good for the overall network as it provides PoW for transactions to be pushed through.

From my understanding, for every transaction that you send, PoW are required for 2 others, so it helps confirm more transactions
this, if you are using a full node wallet, of course. spamming from a light wallet, even thoug good for the tangle, could unnecessarily overburden the server you are connecting to.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
February 08, 2017, 11:25:17 AM

Jump to: