Author

Topic: IOTA - page 395. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
January 30, 2017, 05:46:22 PM
Thanks guys. Combining those two answers, one can have the complete picture Smiley

Is this code already translated to Verilog/VHDL to be implemented/tested in FPGA?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
January 30, 2017, 05:33:51 PM
Few minutes on average PC..? Then it would be much more on a low-power device like low-end ARM processors, or Atmel microcontrollers used in many devices...
If PoW cannot be done in 90 min, will TX be abandoned? If yes, that sets the min requirement for a hardware. What is the min required spec then? I am sure such calculations were done already  Cool

A guess - probably this is resolved by network spammers doing PoW instead of device itself..?

P.S. I feel like my questions are too basic... Need to read that whitepaper finally Undecided

You won't find explanation in the whitepaper, it was posted somewhere in this thread, about unused area of chips which can be occupied by hashers. This is what should be implemented as ASIC - https://github.com/Come-from-Beyond/Curl/blob/master/src/cfb/curl/Curl.java - if you don't have a powerful enough processor.
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
January 30, 2017, 05:32:30 PM
network spammers doing PoW instead of device itself..?

Yes.
Now: Powerful nodes with GPUs. Later: Jinn machines.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
January 30, 2017, 05:24:57 PM
Does it need to be POW'ed inside one 10 minute window then?
How long does it usually take you to POW a transaction and what hardware?

Few mins on an average PC. It was, probably, like a "long block" in Bitcoin.

Few minutes on average PC..? Then it would be much more on a low-power device like low-end ARM processors, or Atmel microcontrollers used in many devices...
If PoW cannot be done in 90 min, will TX be abandoned? If yes, that sets the min requirement for a hardware. What is the min required spec then? I am sure such calculations were done already  Cool

A guess - probably this is resolved by network spammers doing PoW instead of device itself..?

P.S. I feel like my questions are too basic... Sorry if thats the case... Need to read that whitepaper finally Undecided
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 30, 2017, 04:20:21 PM
Can somebody make sense of the transactions made with this seed? None confirms except one that was sent to me. The last batch of addresses each took 5 mins to generate, well within a time limit, not confirmed. Srsly wtf?

WJGXIAMYDTJPP9PXBBHILXRELLHCBJVLGBMJUCAIDNUKPODRGRXQTOWKNJPOJOQXHKBFGVHNAUH9YEP PJ

I used to be able to send txs few months ago, about half of them confirmed from the first try back then. These don't confirm at all.

We are deploying a fix that will make it easier for exchanges to process transfers, your issue will be solved semi-automatically after the fix is adopted by the spammers. You'll just need to replay the transfer after that.

This is vague but ok. I hope it will be solved.
legendary
January 30, 2017, 04:05:10 PM
Can somebody make sense of the transactions made with this seed? None confirms except one that was sent to me. The last batch of addresses each took 5 mins to generate, well within a time limit, not confirmed. Srsly wtf?

WJGXIAMYDTJPP9PXBBHILXRELLHCBJVLGBMJUCAIDNUKPODRGRXQTOWKNJPOJOQXHKBFGVHNAUH9YEP PJ

I used to be able to send txs few months ago, about half of them confirmed from the first try back then. These don't confirm at all.

We are deploying a fix that will make it easier for exchanges to process transfers, your issue will be solved semi-automatically after the fix is adopted by the spammers. You'll just need to replay the transfer after that.
January 30, 2017, 03:34:46 PM

legendary
January 30, 2017, 02:26:12 PM

Few mins on an average PC. It was, probably, like a "long block" in Bitcoin.
January 30, 2017, 02:03:09 PM
Can a transaction not confirm because it takes too long to POW it? took ~14 minutes to send it.

Yes.

What's the limit?

Not completely sure, but time window is 9 milestons ~ 90 mins.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
January 30, 2017, 02:01:15 PM
Can a transaction not confirm because it takes too long to POW it? took ~14 minutes to send it.

Yes.

What's the limit?

Not completely sure, but time window is 9 milestons ~ 90 mins.
January 30, 2017, 01:47:04 PM

Yes.

What's the limit?
legendary
January 30, 2017, 01:40:52 PM

Yes.
January 30, 2017, 01:30:27 PM
Activity: 689
Merit: 507
January 30, 2017, 11:51:44 AM
Why IOTA in not in an exchange yet?

"We have denied exchanges"...

Would you accept exchanges now if they re-contact you ?

We are of course in active dialog with the exchanges Smiley

Thanks, good to know !
So, it will be immediate when you take decision.
Will you warn and notice the community in any manner when you are ready ?

January 30, 2017, 11:11:40 AM
Can somebody please send a few coins to:

XMTEMZQBXUM99XYUTKKGZOPGCLPHHCRD9SFHSAJAKQHAHISMIDYTSCNDIE9LMIZ9LNIMGVCGDOZ9YGQ SJTGFSHQOCM

1 iota will do, I just need to test the wallet.

Sent you few Iotas. Not confirmed yet.

@all
If you copied an address here it always has a free space after about 80 characters or so. You have to remove manually otherwise you get the message "incorrect address"

thanks a bunch!
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
January 30, 2017, 11:08:45 AM
Hey guys. Where can i buy/invest in this project?
Thanks

You can buy IOTAs in the slack channel.

Just go here to #trading
https://iotatangle.slack.com

Other useful channels are
#general, #marketing, #testing, #nodesharing

If this is the first time installing the GUI you will need to go to #nodesharing and swap IPs with other users.
Or you can choose the lite-wallet option when you start up
legendary
Activity: 2698
Merit: 1177
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
January 30, 2017, 10:46:52 AM

XMTEMZQBXUM99XYUTKKGZOPGCLPHHCRD9SFHSAJAKQHAHISMIDYTSCNDIE9LMIZ9LNIMGVCGDOZ9YGQ SJTGFSHQOCM

Sent you few Iotas. Not confirmed yet.

@all
If you copied an address here it always has a free space after about 80 characters or so. You have to remove manually otherwise you get the message "incorrect address"
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 30, 2017, 10:09:15 AM
Hey guys. Where can i buy/invest in this project?
Thanks
January 30, 2017, 09:02:30 AM

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
January 30, 2017, 08:26:13 AM
Why IOTA in not in an exchange yet?

"We have denied exchanges"...

Would you accept exchanges now if they re-contact you ?

We are of course in active dialog with the exchanges Smiley
Jump to: