Pages:
Author

Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner - page 13. (Read 22699 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
We're making progress....my ass.

The very government that he believes can unite and lift the American people out of poverty, racial strife and lower quality of living can't even follow it's own guidelines for how to maintain data.  I'm not asking the IRS to go above and beyond.  How come they can't be held to the same standards as a small business with 50 employees.

Dereliction of duty...progress in his eyes.
So what do you read into this, and how do we move forward?

There will be a lot of people who think the problems are Obama-centric, so they will vote for non-Obama Democratic presidential candidates.

There will be people who think the problem is Democrats, and that they will solve the problem by voting Republican.

There will be people who think the problems are with organized criminal activity in DC which have corrupted both major parties.

Then finally, there are people who think that it is deeper than that and involves power shifts between the NSA and various agencies, including the US, and these work with politicians who they favor and who favor them.

Personally I believe the problem is a totally corrupt administration and this originates with Obama, but that it could well continue and get worse under the next administration if that was Democrat.

But I am not positive...
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
We're making progress....my ass.

The very government that he believes can unite and lift the American people out of poverty, racial strife and lower quality of living can't even follow it's own guidelines for how to maintain data.  I'm not asking the IRS to go above and beyond.  How come they can't be held to the same standards as a small business with 50 employees.

Dereliction of duty...progress in his eyes.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Obama: All GOP Wants to Do Is Oppose Me by Pushing 'Phony Scandals'

President Obama ended a town hall in Minneapolis today with a few shots at Republicans, and he once again used the phrase "phony scandals" to brush aside attacks from Republicans that, the president said, are singularly focused on opposing him at every turn. The president referenced all the news out of Washington these days and said, "These are just Washington fights. They're fabricated issues, they're phony scandals that are generated."

Obama told the crowd he's fighting for them every, even when it's "not reported in the news." But, he lamented, he can't always get it done quickly because "we've got a Congress that's dysfunctional."

The president explained, "You've got a party on the other side whose only rationale, motivation seems to be opposing me, but despite all that we're making progress."

http://youtu.be/gZ4PYy-2gus

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Yes, they do think they can get away with it....that includes Obama.  He has been given a pass for 6 years now, so why wouldn't he believe he can get away with this abuse of power and more lies now?
Activity: 448
What I would really like to know out of all this is how the obviously unreliable computers at the IRS seem to manage to keep up with my tax liabilities. Their machines seem obsessively able to monitor my income and withholding and deductions without a single glitch. Can I have my next returns sent to Ms. Lerner's, or the other 6 hapless bureaucrats', computer? Please?
Activity: 364
And now we are learning that six more IRS employees involved in the scandal have also 'lost' all their emails!  
Do they really think they can pull this off when we all know they're lying? 
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson
Those claiming the e-mails are lost are political animals, not IT people, so they didn't realize that the e-mails in question still exist, and probably in several places.

I work for a relatively small county government as well as the State of Georgia. I have email accounts with them as well as the US Department of Defense and of course my personal account from my ISP. Not a single email I send or receive resides on the hard drive of any computer I use. They are received and stored on mail servers that stand alone from the other computers. They all have back up systems as well, kind of like Carbonite or other similar services. There is no way any of the emails can be lost unless a failure of several components of the system all crash simultaneously or IT professionals intentionally delete them, a process that involves more than hitting the "delete" button. Accidentally deleted data, including mail traffic, on those drives can usually be retrieved with very little effort according to the IT guys I have asked. And to expect anyone to believe that 2 whole years worth of traffic was lost is just incredible. This story is so much bullshit.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
Exactly!  Also, abuse of power.  If this were any Republican, they would already be impeached, but Obama gets a pass.
I just find it absolutely amazing how stupid these liberals have become… And they think I should buy their story…
It's what I do for a living.
These emails are not lost.
But if they contain what is suspected, it's not only impeachment, it's prison time…
How far would you go to cover up at that point.
We need a special prosecutor
Stupid?  I believe they know exactly what they're doing....they're very dangerous,for us the people,and they stuff us with lies thinking we are too busy with the daily problems too see it.
Very,very dangerous...Those claiming the e-mails are lost are political animals, not IT people, so they didn't realize that the e-mails in question still exist, and probably in several places.

For instance, the NSA has them.
Activity: 350
Exactly!  Also, abuse of power.  If this were any Republican, they would already be impeached, but Obama gets a pass.
I just find it absolutely amazing how stupid these liberals have become… And they think I should buy their story…
But if they contain what is suspected, it's not only impeachment, it's prison time…
Stupid?  I believe they know exactly what they're doing....they're very dangerous,for us the people,and they stuff us with lies thinking we are too busy with the daily problems too see it.
I've never heard of a pc having he ability to erase anything from the back up server. When your computer crashes you lose everything you did from the last backup not everything in the back up server. If you read the email lerner sent to IT support regarding her crash it appears that the IRS thought they could sell that email as an excuse for not turning over the data. It would also be interesting to see the email in response to the crash and what IT was able to do to resolve the issue and get her data back. Even at GM every IT call is recorded with a complete detailing of the cause, the fix and the end result, I can't believe the gubment isn't that thorough in documentation. So where is the record of repair and the statement that lerner managed to erase all her outgoing emails from all the servers when it appears she wasn't even in email when the crash occurred?
it's impossible to lose the info unless it was intentionally wiped.  I'm not sure how we're supposed to believe that a simple computer crash would wipe out two years of emails from a government agency's entire system.
The answer is incredibly simple… We have a cover-up going on :-)
we are being lied to by three years old. This is am mainframe emails system. There are backups upon backups upon backups. Its not just a little Windows Email server. No way in hell is this "lost"
I've never heard of a pc having he ability to erase anything from the back up server. When your computer crashes you lose everything you did from the last backup not everything in the back up server. If you read the email lerner sent to IT support regarding her crash it appears that the IRS thought they could sell that email as an excuse for not turning over the data. It would also be interesting to see the email in response to the crash and what IT was able to do to resolve the issue and get her data back. Even at GM every IT call is recorded with a complete detailing of the cause, the fix and the end result, I can't believe the gubment isn't that thorough in documentation. So where is the record of repair and the statement that lerner managed to erase all her outgoing emails from all the servers when it appears she wasn't even in email when the crash occurred?
it's impossible to lose the info unless it was intentionally wiped.  I'm not sure how we're supposed to believe that a simple computer crash would wipe out two years of emails from a government agency's entire system.
Activity: 364
The absence of information is the proof of conspiracy. Wow, amazing thought process there.

Then there is this other idea...how about if we send in investigators to find the e-mails of the recipients of the e-mails. And, along the way, identify and prosecute those who destroyed e-mails.

I have no interest of protecting anyone who committed a crime, but a lot of interset in not setting aside reason in the process.

Lois Lerner should testify or pay whatever legal price may be applied. Anyone destroying e-mails should also face whatever legal remedy exists.

But making other claims makes people fools...fools without facts.

BTW, the IRS should interact with Justice on a regular basis to prosecute tax evaders.

Additionally, many of the conservative groups applying should have been denied...they are not social service providers at all, just Super Pacs.
No one appreciates you not setting aside reason in favor of conspiracy theories more than original FSA members from the old board days.
So you advocate setting aside reason? Ok, i understand. Thing is, charging to attack the guy you hate doesn't make your argument seem stronger, just weaker. Arguing against reason doesn't help your cause either.
Facts matter, and until there are facts this charade of guilty without evidence wears thin.
Funny part is, I suspect you know this.
Out of curiosity, what is your wildest guess as to how and why these two years of emails were "lost"?  Not only from the computer, but the backups and the servers?   
Lerner, Obama, and the other Government corrupt and criminal Fiends have a problem. Even "IF" a nuke hit her machine, all government data is on three servers, and one of them many miles removed.

Most current day IT users understand how this works to the extent that it is nearly impossible to be totally rid of any data or e-mails, and especially on any government computer.

This pathetic excuse just won't work in 2014.
Exactly!  Over the weekend, there was nothing from the MSM.  Yet, I heard at least five reports about Hillary's book signing at Costco, where Sonia Sotomayer just happened to show up.  That news?
What is truly insulting is that they expect the American public to actually buy their bullshit...
Most of the MSM isn't even reporting it.  And you can be sure this would be front page for months if it wasn't a Dem and Obama in particular.
The absence of information is the proof of conspiracy. Wow, amazing thought process there.

Then there is this other idea...how about if we send in investigators to find the e-mails of the recipients of the e-mails. And, along the way, identify and prosecute those who destroyed e-mails.

I have no interest of protecting anyone who committed a crime, but a lot of interset in not setting aside reason in the process.

Lois Lerner should testify or pay whatever legal price may be applied. Anyone destroying e-mails should also face whatever legal remedy exists.

But making other claims makes people fools...fools without facts.

BTW, the IRS should interact with Justice on a regular basis to prosecute tax evaders.

Additionally, many of the conservative groups applying should have been denied...they are not social service providers at all, just Super Pacs.
No one appreciates you not setting aside reason in favor of conspiracy theories more than original FSA members from the old board days.
So you advocate setting aside reason? Ok, i understand. Thing is, charging to attack the guy you hate doesn't make your argument seem stronger, just weaker. Arguing against reason doesn't help your cause either.
Facts matter, and until there are facts this charade of guilty without evidence wears thin.
Funny part is, I suspect you know this.
Spare me your blather and revisionism......  And you aren't being reasoned here.  You are being a good little partisan hypocrite.  If this was a Republican, every one of you Bots would be screaming your lungs out and for once, you'd be right to do so.   
What I suspect,  is that the administration is utterly full of it.  NO ONE with a lick of sense believes the IRS lost those emails.  Or that they aren't retrievable even if a computer crashed.  Your pretense at caring about facts is, as always, a bore.  This is a purposeful attempt, in a long string of purposeful attempts, to keep damning facts from being made public.  
What is truly insulting is that they expect the American public to actually buy their bullshit...
Pages:
Jump to: