Pages:
Author

Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner - page 16. (Read 22699 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
At first I thought this was a partisan hack job, but the more I hear about it, I honestly wonder if they Republicans might be on to something.  It is entirely disturbing to me that the agency that is capable of wrecking your financial life if you do not save proper documentation for something like 7 years relies on a single hard drive to store important communications.  Whether this is pure incompetence of malfeasance, it reeks either way. 
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

IRS Admits Guilt in Illegal Release of Conservative Group’s Tax Information

The IRS has agreed to pay $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) for unlawfully releasing its private information to a gay rights group that is a political rival, the Daily Signal has learned.

NOM expressed relief at the settlement agreement.

“Congress made the disclosure of confidential tax return information a serious matter for a reason,” NOM chairman John D. Eastman told The Daily Signal. “We’re delighted that the IRS has now been held accountable for the illegal disclosure of our list of major donors from our tax return.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/irs-admits-guilt-in-illegal-release-of-conservative-groups-tax-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IRS uses tax payer's money, thus admitting guilt to pay their victim. No one goes to jail. Amazing.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

"Not a smidgen of corruption….."

U.S. Archivist: IRS "Did Not Follow The Law" On Lerner Emails

In testimony before the House Oversight Committee, United States Archivist David Ferriero was asked directly if the Internal Revenue Service disobeyed the law by failing to archive electronic communications and destroying the evidence of those communications. Ferriero conceded that the IRS did not follow the Federal Records Act.

On Tuesday, Rep. Tim Walberg (R-MI) asked Ferriero if the IRS had reported the loss of two years’ of former executive Lois Lerner’s emails prior to disclosing that this month.

“No,” Ferriero replied.

When asked if the IRS violated the Federal Records Act, Ferriero said that the law requires every federal agency to notify the Archives if they determine they have lost records. He did, however, refuse to say whether the agency broke the law because he was not an attorney.

“If they didn’t follow [the Federal Records Act], can we safely assume they broke the law?” Walberg asked.

“They did not follow the law,” Ferriero replied.

http://youtu.be/8QtPqYtDjNs

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Since it's obvious that this is some sort of coverup that would require two years of emails needed for the investigation to be wiped out at multiple levels, why do you think such a thing would be done?  I'm not saying it goes straight to the president, but it would stand to reason that it goes pretty high up the food chain, don't you think?  Otherwise, how and why would it be done?
There is no evidence of a cover-up at this point, though that may later be determined. So assigning blame to an unproven charge is, may i suggest, not very honest.

As I said, this isn't something that could be "lost" unintentionally.  Do you think government computer networks are like your home PC where you might accidentally throw something in the little trash bin?
We know the email are missing. We find that difficult to appreciate. We investigate. We learn the results. Then we draw conclusions.
You seem to prefer we know the emails are missing...conspiracy!
Who investigates?  The people who conveniently lost the emails?  The people who investigate themselves and find themselves innocent?
Even you have got to know there is no way these emails can be lost, and even you have to know how convenient it is for the salient emails to suddenly become unavailable when the subpoena arrives, after having been promised if subpoenaed.  And even you have to know there wouldn't be a coverup if one wasn't needed to protect this administration.
Activity: 448
Since it's obvious that this is some sort of coverup that would require two years of emails needed for the investigation to be wiped out at multiple levels, why do you think such a thing would be done?  I'm not saying it goes straight to the president, but it would stand to reason that it goes pretty high up the food chain, don't you think?  Otherwise, how and why would it be done?
There is no evidence of a cover-up at this point, though that may later be determined. So assigning blame to an unproven charge is, may i suggest, not very honest.

As I said, this isn't something that could be "lost" unintentionally.  Do you think government computer networks are like your home PC where you might accidentally throw something in the little trash bin?
We know the email are missing. We find that difficult to appreciate. We investigate. We learn the results. Then we draw conclusions.
You seem to prefer we know the emails are missing...conspiracy!
Activity: 350

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Agree, we shouldn't stand for it, but the Obama regime believes it will get a pass on this.  Haven't the media, and his supporters like Jim, defended him from years.  From IRS, Benghazi, F&F, Syria, Ukraine, and now Iraq.  Nothing is EVER his fault.  Time to hold his sorry a$$ accountable.  He needs to get his a$$ back to DC and start to address these issues....instead he is out on the golf course.  
I am 100% in favor of the facts coming out...all the time. As of today there is absolutely zero connection of the administration and the President to Lois Lerner's lost e-mail. Your assumptions to the opposite are childish and laughable.
As for playing golf, so too did George Bush while we were at war.
Bush all but stopped playing golf because the press attacked him constantly for it.
If, Obama is so disrespected, so ignored by those under him that he has NOTHING to do with these emails, what the hell is his job?  There is nothing you won't say he isn't responsible for, so why are we paying his ignorant ass a salary if he's responsible for nothing under the blanket of his beyond incompetent leadership?
There are emails,  that have already been discovered that went directly to the White House counsel.
The president is as responsible for the IRS computers as he is for a returned address letter. Presidents do not fix computers or deliver mail.
What is he responsible for is finding out the facts when government fails to function effectively. In the case of the IRS that means finding those "missing" emails or holding people accountable. That I do expect from a president.
Thing is, you don't know the difference when you hate OBAMA, SO YOU WANT HIM BLAMED IF IT RAINS OR IF IT DOESN'T RAIN.

Simple, just not too bright.

So based on that logic, Nixon was as responsible for Watergate as he was for NOT being good at Locksmithing...?  Cheesy Cheesy

Some people do believe obama is not too smart without a telepromter

Agree, we shouldn't stand for it, but the Obama regime believes it will get a pass on this.  Haven't the media, and his supporters like Jim, defended him from years.  From IRS, Benghazi, F&F, Syria, Ukraine, and now Iraq.  Nothing is EVER his fault.  Time to hold his sorry a$$ accountable.  He needs to get his a$$ back to DC and start to address these issues....instead he is out on the golf course.  
I am 100% in favor of the facts coming out...all the time. As of today there is absolutely zero connection of the administration and the President to Lois Lerner's lost e-mail. Your assumptions to the opposite are childish and laughable.
Bush all but stopped playing golf because the press attacked him constantly for it.
If, Obama is so disrespected, so ignored by those under him that he has NOTHING to do with these emails, what the hell is his job?  There is nothing you won't say he isn't responsible for, so why are we paying his ignorant ass a salary if he's responsible for nothing under the blanket of his beyond incompetent leadership?
There are emails,  that have already been discovered that went directly to the White House counsel.
The president is as responsible for the IRS computers as he is for a returned address letter. Presidents do not fix computers or deliver mail.
What is he responsible for is finding out the facts when government fails to function effectively. In the case of the IRS that means finding those "missing" emails or holding people accountable. That I do expect from a president.
Thing is, you don't know the difference when you hate OBAMA, SO YOU WANT HIM BLAMED IF IT RAINS OR IF IT DOESN'T RAIN.

Simple, just not too bright.
Try to explain to me what the economy has to do with a hard drive that could contain information that could put Obama in prison for five years…

If the IRS sent private information to the White House, who made the request?

The president is responsible for what his people do.

Remember Nixon

And we are 15 million jobs short of where we should be but to a liberal that's okay right…

The stock market pumped up with funny money…
Obama is responsible because he is in the Oval Office and he is in charge…
You guys wanted to impeach George Bush over mold in the VA…
You guys held Nixon responsible for what the secretary did, remember the 18 minutes
You guys are so putrid..
Activity: 378
Activity: 378
Activity: 364
This looks almost worse than if we had the emails that proved guilt across the board.  They can't have been "lost."  If they truly no longer exist, they were intentionally erased at multiple levels. 

And we shouldn't stand for it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
Considering that the mainstream news isn't really bothering with it, it is unlikely that Obama supporters care.  If they do, they are just taking delight in his getting away with yet another crime.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
And you thought Bill Clinton was the Teflon king.  People may have cared in Nixon's time, but not anymore.  As noted above more than 1/2 of America couldn't tell you who the VP is or even recognize his picture but they could sing all of Beyonce's songs - that's probably why the POTUS happens to love Beyonce & Jay Z.

Bush was horrid in that he let the backdoors of Rove/Cheney run his poodle show.  Obama takes it to a new level by bring classic Chicago deep dish gangsta to the executive branch.

You knew this was coming even before Obama was signed in....Blagojevich!

Why bother having multiple servers in dif locations with complex RAID with multiple redundancies - we're pretty much given the line "my dog ate my homework".

And before I get called a partisan shill - if Janet Reno was AG she would be slamming bodies right now.

Go back to youtube people and enjoy Beyonce.... nothing to see here people  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: