Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 10. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 09:34:12 PM
Bitcoin is a consensual network that has led to a new payment system and a fully digital currency. It is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network, controlled by its users without central authority or middleman.

From a user's point of view, bitcoins are much like Internet cash. Bitcoin can also be seen as the most outstanding three-way bookkeeping system.

Bitcoin is defined by the central bank as a special Internet commodity, and zhou xiaochuan, the central bank governor, sees bitcoin as a tradable asset like a postage stamp.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
March 27, 2018, 09:30:26 PM
for me bitcoin is a crypto currency. In which you can trade and convert it to real monetary units or currencies. It is said to be an asset if you traded it already and cash out it to money. But still bitcoin is a floating currency in which it will be a real currency in the near future.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
March 27, 2018, 03:33:07 PM
Although bitcoin is practically not used as a currency, it does not cease to be it. He just needs to develop a little more for that. That and is happening now with him.
Activity: 596
March 27, 2018, 03:20:55 PM
While bitcoin can not serve us as a currency, as it needs time to penetrate into our world and fully stabilize. And so far, it's an asset.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
March 27, 2018, 09:30:08 AM
I think bitcoin is more worth mentioning as an asset, this is because until now no country has made bitcoin as the main legal currency and only makes bitcoin as a commodity equivalent to other products.
Activity: 33
March 27, 2018, 09:24:31 AM
As far as I know, bitcoin is now considered as an asset and a payment method in some country. It's a very long way for bitcoin to be a currency.

For me, I considered as an investment or asset, not a currency.
Certainly its the goodness of BTC that it can be used as currrency as well as asset and its depends on person to person,but basically its virtual currency which is striving hard for its existance.
Activity: 45
March 27, 2018, 09:18:09 AM
Bitcoin is the currency but if we have known to the financial knowledge then I think that we will say that it is the liquid asset in the business terms like bitcoin we can use as currency and it is the asset as well as we can hold this for future we can make investment  through this and the value also up and down.
Activity: 217
Merit: 22
March 27, 2018, 09:14:21 AM
Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, but right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or hold until it increases in price. It's not a bad thing, and it can't be helped either since this is the trend that bitcoin grew upon.

For me, it is both an asset and currency. Yes, it is used as a currency to buy stuff for yourself or even to use as a payment for utilities and such but you can't use these unless it is an asset.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
March 27, 2018, 09:07:27 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

Yes, if you would have some bitcoin then it would definitely turned out to be an asset of yours, just like your own money or lets say your own capital on your business it is an asset right.  Then it is the samething to do with bitcoin, if you have some then it is your asset because bitcoin is also money no more no less it is a money in a digital world, and asset is something you owned. So, all in all bitcoin is asset.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
March 27, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency but because the value of bitcoin is so high and unstable many people take advantage of it because it can take advantage.
because bitcoin can be played so many people who think bitcoin is money with high asset value.
I think if the whole world is referring to bitcoin as a means of payment then I'm sure the bitcoin price will be stable.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 27, 2018, 08:54:30 AM
I think, bitcoin can be both a currency and an asset, but I prefer to make bitcoin as my asset for the future so I prefer to invest in bitcoin, and I believe bitcoin will continue to grow and will be profitable in the future
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
March 27, 2018, 08:47:53 AM
Can be said bitcoin is an asset annd currency, as we feel that bitcoin value continues to increase so that we get profit, in fact there is no real money whose value is increased due to inflation factor, while we say currency because it can pay and perform the same function with currency .
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Money Token
March 27, 2018, 08:41:42 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

IMHO, I think its considered both. It can be called a currency because lots of countries nowadays accepting bitcoin as payment , but not all payments can pay in bitcoin, because of its delay transaction issues. So using bitcoin as currency like paying our daily transactions like for exampe buy our daily needs in the stores, groceries and etc. is hard to use because it takes at least 3 minutes before the amount reflected to the wallets because of the delay confirmations. As of now the very effective way of using bitcoin as currency is online payment method, trading to different altcoins  and peer to peer transaction. So there are new utility coins now which are the transaction runs very fast, then that can be a real currency than bitcoin. Another problem of bitcoin is not stable its value, so other accept it as an asset than a currency.
Activity: 196
March 27, 2018, 08:21:08 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
i think it is a currency because bitcoin is a crypto currency and it can be exchange to a true money so bitcoin is can be called a currency.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 370
March 27, 2018, 08:19:13 AM
I think bitcoin is much better treated as an asset rather than a currency, because bitcoin is like an investment, it fluctuates day by day. However it will not be wise to treat it as a currency , because  bitcoin is not stable, and having a currency that is not stable can greatly affect an economy in a bad way, so it is best to make bitcoin as an asset rather than a currency.
copper member
Activity: 336
March 27, 2018, 07:49:22 AM
It can be both an asset and currency in future, but right now it is an asset people are investing in Bitcoin for their long term gain, some people are investing for the betterment of their future.today we cannot use as a currency because we cannot do payment for our daily needs,for paying tax etc etc. So I think right now it is an asset.
Activity: 121
March 27, 2018, 07:11:05 AM
Bitcoin is a best coin to hold for the future. Because bitcoin is can make very useful in the country for use as payment system for online store. The bitcoin is an asset for a crypto earner and as a trader. In the future of bitcoin i know it can make as a currency in different country.
Activity: 126
March 27, 2018, 07:06:00 AM
Again at the G20 summit it was clearly stated that bitcoin and other altcoyins are not a currency and can not be taken into circulation in the country / large corporations
Activity: 68
March 27, 2018, 07:04:57 AM
Bitcoin is a good assets and a good currency.
Activity: 17
March 27, 2018, 07:03:23 AM

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
as far as I know bitcoin can be called an asset because bitcoin so far is considered able to accommodate people's treasures in the form of investment, but I can not say that bitcoin is the currency because it does not have an absolute unit of measurement
Pages:
Jump to: