Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 6. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 08:48:09 PM
In my opinoin. Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, but right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or hold until it increases in price. It's not a bad thing, and it can't be helped either since this is the trend that bitcoin grew upon.
Activity: 112
April 11, 2018, 08:46:49 PM
I think that is a currency since you can use that for payments for various services. For traders I believe even USD or EURO is believed to be asset.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
April 08, 2018, 12:45:35 PM
For me, it is both an asset and a currency. An asset in a sense that it serves as an investment for me due to the limited supply and the ongoing rising demand which results to its price increasing breaking its former highs. Also, it is a currency since I use it to pay and do transactions mostly in the cyberworld. A currency for me is something that you pay in exchange for goods or services.
Activity: 29
April 08, 2018, 12:44:02 PM
Bitcoin can be considered as an asset cause its value to people. But it is no way near currency.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
April 08, 2018, 12:35:04 PM
I like Bitcoin because it is a great asset to the growth of which you can earn. Bitcoin also became the beginning of the development of digital currencies and the basis for the trading with altcoins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
April 07, 2018, 12:16:58 PM
I, at the risk of provoking an increase in indignation, I will argue that bitcoin is not an asset at all, but a currency. Accordingly, you can not determine the value of the latter or invest in it, you can only determine the price of the currency and trade it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 121
April 07, 2018, 12:09:23 PM
The statistical properties of bitcoin and find that it is essentially uncorrelated with traditional asset classes such as stocks, bonds and commodities, both in normal times and in periods of financial turmoil.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
April 05, 2018, 05:50:34 PM
Bitcoin can be used as a currency. But there is no doubt most of the people know bitcoin as an asset. Just look at the threads have been made in this forum. Which one is being discussed more? Most of the people are talking about price changes and holding. I personally want bitcoin to be used for daily buys and sells. But I am holding bitcoin. I have invested in bitcoin and I am waiting for the price to rise.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
April 05, 2018, 05:43:48 PM
For me, I believev it could serve as both asset and a currency in terms of  being a form of cryptocurreny. But the choice is always dependent on the perspective  of an individual with the views they have on Bitcoin. For people, they tend to used Bitcoin as a form of currency on transaction in such way to evade the process on fiat where Bitcoin technically promises a much more reliable transaction.
Activity: 196
Merit: 30
April 05, 2018, 02:33:00 PM
It depends on the situation of the person what he will choose if he will select bitcoin as an asset or a currency. If he picks bitcoin as an asset to gain money and to become the next wealthy person with the help of Bitcoin or he chooses a currency to use for transacting colossal money anonymously or buy some things anonymously. You can use bitcoin in numerous ways, or you can do both sides of asset or currency.
Activity: 182
April 05, 2018, 02:23:53 PM
It can be an asset and a currency at the same time. But the thing that bitcoin's value is getting lower and lower, it xan be a bad investment for an asset.
Activity: 164
April 05, 2018, 02:08:21 PM
In my opinion since we can purchase things more and more with Bitcoin now it definitely seems way more like a currency than just an asset. It is more than just an asset.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
April 05, 2018, 02:05:57 PM
Bitcoin can be said both the asset and the currency, because many things can be done with bitcoin, for bitcoin transactions is certainly better than real money, while for the asset is certainly better than traditional assets because keep bitcoin does not big expenses.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
April 05, 2018, 01:54:12 PM
Bitcoin perform so many function in our financial life and bitcoin is an assets and also as a currency. Bitcoin is a digital currency and also as a mode of payments for goods and services an also an investment platform.
Activity: 507
Merit: 250
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
April 05, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
Bitcoin is more accurately said to be an asset, this is because almost all exchanges state that bitcoin and cryptocurrency are digital assets not digital currency, besides the reason is said the currency must have obtained approval from the state.
Activity: 2
April 05, 2018, 01:38:24 PM
Most of them are probably scam but for sure some of them have potential. You can also participate in airdrops, so you can "invest" withot risking your money. I participatet in the Marinecoin Airdrop a few weeks ago Their Airdrop is still going on but they changed it a bit. You can now claim 20000 MTC every day as long as there are MTC left.I am pretty sure that it will become more profitable in the nearer future since it really has potential: a dev-less, community based coin with zero fees. It is time tested, is a machine to machine system and works with artificial intelligence. Can also become great with iot..
Join the discord group to talk about this project. : discordapp.com/invite/zpQyDu6 or telegram:  t.me/MarinecoinMTC
Activity: 44
April 04, 2018, 08:48:25 PM
In my opinion , bitcoin is now considered as an asset  and investment , and  it is consider as payment method in some country. It's a very long way for bitcoin to be a currency.
Activity: 1
April 04, 2018, 07:54:11 PM
While it shows up Bitcoin is winning the measures war on which advanced resource will administer the day, this regardless of internecine battling, a gauges war keeps on seething on computerized resources and their utility. Thus lies the area of a lot of experimentation and esteem creation, where CME's turn to offer prospects exchanging is however one case of how virtual resources are meeting this present reality. The more customary players and crypto fans push the limits of interoperability, the more it appears Bitcoin's suggested esteem will rise. In opposition to mainstream thinking that Bitcoin and its clients flourish in the shadows, a few business people in this space, similar to Gabriel Abed, a Barbadian tech business person and fellow benefactor of Bitt, are hurrying to work with national banks. This move will help connect the mechanical gap and the requirement for authenticity, oversight and, maybe above all, interoperability between advanced resources and this present reality. As these continuing linkages are framed, it is sensible to expect the universe of low-erosion esteem exchange will make another financial request while printing a couple of Blockchain Billionaires en route.
Activity: 167
April 04, 2018, 07:52:22 PM
I think it is both.
Why?
Asset is a thing that have a value while currency is uses for payment.
So that two thing is deserve to bitcoin. Because we all know that bitcoin is a digital currency that have a value.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
April 04, 2018, 07:49:09 PM
It is both a currency and asset at the same time. But not to mention,bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrencies are digital currency in the first place so from that, the answer is obvious. But Bitcoin can also be a good investment and asset due to the continuous increase on its market price for a long run and that holding  for a period of time would yield to profit. So its characteristic of being an asset just happened and is unplanned in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: