Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 11. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 2
March 27, 2018, 07:02:31 AM
Bitcoin is neither an asset nor a currency, it is a Ponzi scheme: https://cryptofraud.wordpress.com/
Activity: 753
Merit: 100
March 27, 2018, 06:59:41 AM
As we see, at the moment, bitcoin can be used absolutely differently. Some people use it for profit, someone to save the cost, and someone as a means of payment. Personally, I do not have bitcoin at the moment, but I would not buy anything for it at the moment, as I understand its value.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 06:52:34 AM
I think if bitcoin is not just an asset, but also a currency. That's because bitcoin is now widely used to conduct transactions online or offline
Activity: 144
Merit: 15
March 27, 2018, 01:20:31 AM
Bitcoin was proposed to be a cash, yet at the present time, it is in truth being dealt with as a benefit far in excess of a money. Beyond any doubt there are individuals out there who are really purchasing stuff utilizing bitcoins, however generally, individuals are simply putting resources into it so they can exchange or hold until the point when it increments in cost. It's not an awful thing, and it would not benefit from outside intervention either since this is the pattern that bitcoin developed upon.
Activity: 126
March 27, 2018, 01:14:40 AM
I guess, for me, it is both an asset and a currency. It is a currency that is used to pay in exchange of goods and services to some merchants that accepts bitcoin as payment. However, it is also considered as an asset because of the high volatility of its price that can go high up that you can get huge profits from it.
Activity: 85
March 27, 2018, 01:03:29 AM
How do we value currency? How do we know a single dollar bill is really worth that? The answer is quite simple because the government says so. One dollar is worth one dollar only as long as the government is willing, and able to defend its value, but before it gets to the point when the government needs to step in to defend its currency
Activity: 274
March 21, 2018, 01:28:31 PM
Bitcoin is an asset as well as a cryptocurrency.bitcoin is not only a cryptocurrency but also a valuable investment. we can get a good amount of profits from this investment.that's why we can say that Bitcoin is an asset as well as a currency.
Activity: 434
March 21, 2018, 01:21:45 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

In my opinion, bitcoin can be an asset and currency because bitcoin can be used as payment and can also be an investment asset for our future.

You can call bitcoins as an asset before because the price is really low back in 2013 and no one is interested on investing because the value looks like does not have the chance to grow so do not make the wrong choice today and invest a huge amount of price.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
March 21, 2018, 08:33:58 AM
for currency, bitcoin so far can not, I think bitcoin is an asset in the world of virtual money because bitcoin can be used for long-term investments at an uncertain price.

Bitcoin is an asset, because Bitcoins are not to use as a currency, but to either speculate on their asset value or use them to shield transactions from others. Without a stable value Bitcoin cannot truly be a currency. Rather it is a commodity asset that one trades, like gold or silver, in hopes that its value will rise and yield a trading profit. There is nothing wrong with speculation and the actions of speculators help to add market liquidity and to determine the market value of assets. However, usually the asset being valued also has an actual underlying use, you can invest in gold or use it to make jewelry or electronic components. Bitcoins have no uses other than allowing people to hide wealth, conceal (often illegal) transactions, and make and lose money by trading them.
Activity: 196
March 21, 2018, 06:58:53 AM
for currency, bitcoin so far can not, I think bitcoin is an asset in the world of virtual money because bitcoin can be used for long-term investments at an uncertain price.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
March 21, 2018, 06:22:53 AM
Bitcoin is basically a digital currency used as a means of payment in the world of Crypto. But now many bitcoin that use as a place for investment, although with high risk. so depending on how we want to use it, because of the core bitcoin the only tool.
In my opinion, you can treat bitcoin in both the ways as this is having the qualities of both a currency as well as an asset. For now, people are taking it as an asset as they are holding most of their bitcoins but with the passage of time, we will also be able to use it for the sake of buying the things as well as spending too. It depends on you, the way you use your bitcoin will help you in naming it as an asset or currency.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
dont be greedy
March 18, 2018, 06:43:30 PM
I am more inclined to say that Bitcoin is an asset, and not a currency
if Bitcoin is used for buying and selling affairs, I think it is very unsuitable, because its value is up and down too extreme
this is very dangerous, because the risk of depreciation of currency values can happen anytime
Activity: 205
March 18, 2018, 06:38:38 PM
In my opinion a bitcoin is a currency. You can trade bitcoin instead of cash. Bitcoin is not your property as it can disappear instantly. You see bitcoin as a buy and sell item. You never store it. bitcoin.
March 18, 2018, 05:47:33 PM
Probably basically bitcoin is a digital currency whose goal is made into real currency, bitcoin is more focused on assets than money, by looking at bitcoin prices that are presented for a good future now bitcoin is believed to be an asset
Activity: 448
March 18, 2018, 05:36:35 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency it will become an asset if you will invest for a long term of investment with bitcoin. I guess it may be an asset since you acquire something from your savings. Time will tell!

True,  bitcoin is a digital currency that will become an asset if you own it, hold and keep it because asset is a valuable thing. Bitcoin is considered as a valuable thing.
Bitcoin can be used not only as an investment asset. There are cases when it can be used for the purpose for which it was originally created
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 04:45:08 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency it will become an asset if you will invest for a long term of investment with bitcoin. I guess it may be an asset since you acquire something from your savings. Time will tell!

True,  bitcoin is a digital currency that will become an asset if you own it, hold and keep it because asset is a valuable thing. Bitcoin is considered as a valuable thing.
Yur
Merit: 102
March 18, 2018, 04:35:14 PM
Activity: 61
March 18, 2018, 04:31:52 PM
Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin on October 23, 2017 in London, England. Cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Lightcoin have seen unprecedented growth in 2017, despite remaining extremely volatile. While digital currencies across the board have divided opinion between financial institutions, and now have a market cap of around 175 Billion USD, the crypto sector coninues to grow, as it sees wider mainstreem adoption.
Activity: 58
March 18, 2018, 04:29:35 PM
Bitcoin is a currency. An asset generates wealth which bitcoin does not.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
March 18, 2018, 04:06:16 PM
For me bitcoin is a currency, literally bitcoin is a crypto currency. This is the modern trading because it is incorporated with the internet. Others say that this is an asset because it involves money. Even some are putting all their money here. The thing I think that I can’t say this asset because any time it can vanish or even will lose its value. We all know that an asset is something that can increase its value but must not lose its value. So don’t make this an asset for you not to have any problem in the near future.
It is a crypto currency which is treated as a digital asset too. People use both terms for bitcoin but originally it was made a digital coin that can help the millionaires to transfer money from one part of the world to any other at cheap rates within minutes. But with time, it started to grab value and investors buy bitcoin to earn huge profits giving it the definition of an asset. It is used as a medium of exchange and can be converted into paper money as well.
Pages:
Jump to: