Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 8. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 01, 2018, 01:09:26 PM
I think the bitcoin is an asset and not a currency. It is not at all easy to use as a currency while it is suitable for investment.

I believe it can be an asset and can be currency. An asset because it can be use as business through trading in the stock market and a currency because it a new kind of money where some business start to accept as payment.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
April 01, 2018, 01:04:16 PM
I will say Bitcoin is an asset and currency and this depends on the country of usage. Most of the countries accept Bitcoin as an asset and few accepted as currency. Expecting more countries to adopt Bitcoin as currency within 2020. The concept of Bitcoin is to serve as a currency which is a replacement for paper currency and that will be possible by demand and future acceptance by nations.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
April 01, 2018, 12:59:21 PM
The bitcoin plays both role in the society, they can be an asset to obtain the bright future that you are dreaming for and currency that can be used in all kinds or means of commercial transactions or trade.
Bitcoin asset that will develop and will bring them more cash. Like that real state, we can consider that is an asset. Bitcoin is an asset that increases high benefit and can easily to convert to cash. Bitcoin is not a currency the fact that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency has a real value and have unstable value. Toward the end, it will depend on you which you think bitcoin asset or currency. 
Activity: 322
Merit: 105
March 31, 2018, 04:21:10 PM
The bitcoin plays both role in the society, they can be an asset to obtain the bright future that you are dreaming for and currency that can be used in all kinds or means of commercial transactions or trade.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
March 31, 2018, 02:48:02 PM
I think the bitcoin is an asset and not a currency. It is not at all easy to use as a currency while it is suitable for investment.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
March 31, 2018, 02:45:29 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

In my opinion, it can be considered as digital currency and an asset which can be usedas mode of payment in stores or online stores. However, since Bitcoin have controversies that some countries did not accepted Bitcoin and in Accounting rules, Bitcoin is not part of asset in a Balance sheet. Maybe soon that Internal Accounting Standards (IAS) will consider Bitcoin as cash in Asset section as Cash and cash equivalents or part of Investment.
Activity: 29
March 31, 2018, 02:37:30 PM
as of today we can cal it currency but when it's globally accepted then it can be come asset.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 12:01:02 PM
I think, bitcoin can be used for both as an asset and as a currency but I see bitcoin more used as an asset to grow bitcoin and to earn money
Activity: 114
March 31, 2018, 11:28:02 AM
If i have Bitcoin, I will keep it and will not be used as a tool to make transactions, because I think Bitcoin is a valuable asset.
and again in my country Bitcoin can not be used as a tool to make transactions..
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 31, 2018, 07:40:13 AM
for me bitcoin is asset. cause i earn it and i sell it when it have high price. i never use cryptocurrent as payment here.
bitcoin is digital asset, if you have you can sell and get profit from it. but, it can be use for currency, if any some people make some deal with the other and make payment with crypto, it mean is currency
Activity: 406
Merit: 117
March 31, 2018, 07:32:49 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
People have a different view regarding on this question. Base on my knowledge, bitcoin is equally a currency and an asset. Bitcoin can be used as an asset because it has the aptitude to be traded for properties and the worth which can dump or pump. Bitcoin also a currency it can be used to conduct a transaction and pay for some stuff and amenities anyplace in the world
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
March 31, 2018, 03:08:12 AM

I think Bitcoin is more suitable for investment assets than currency. Because if used as an investment asset, Bitcoin can be very profitable for its users but has a very big risk as well. But if used as currency, Bitcoin value must be stable first. If the value of Bitcoin is still up and down, I think it is not suitable to be used as currency.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
March 31, 2018, 02:59:03 AM
Bitcoin will be currency in the future, maybe after last coin will be mined
Activity: 533
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 02:56:43 AM
I guess its an asset at the moment because its going up in value. When more vendors take it as payment then it will become a currency. Maybe a currency and an asset, and maybe that's what money should be.

I agree, bitcoin is more appropriate to be a non currency asset, if bitcoin currency function is fixed and some controllable, bitcoin value keeps rising to make everyone interested to hold bitcoin.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 02:35:51 AM
At the moment it is an asset. To be used as a currency it has to reduce it´s volatility as well as it´s transaction fee and it has to increase it´s transaction speed. Most important though is the classification as a currency from government institutions.
Activity: 638
Merit: 300
March 31, 2018, 02:32:26 AM
while it is too early to use, so it is an asset. once that is payment method in stores (that I do not really believe, since it will remain an asset) then it will become currency

it depends on how you used it actually that is my opinion. An asset if you will invest and hodl it for a long time or what we call long term.investment but if you will sell it and use it for your daily expenditures , I consider it as a currency.  either way , it brings good life to us.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
March 31, 2018, 02:27:56 AM
For me, this is definitely an asset, the currency should not be so volatile. I do not buy anything for the BTC and I do not know the people who actually use the BTC for shopping. This is definitely an asset
Activity: 803
Merit: 500
March 31, 2018, 02:26:54 AM
It is safe to say that it is an asset that functions like a currency. It depends really where you will get the definition of what a "currency" is because the law in your country might define it something like a fiat. Nonetheless, I care less about it as long as I can use like a currency and at the same time making me an investor. Either you are aware or not, as long as you use Bitcoin then you are automatically an investor.
Activity: 113
March 31, 2018, 02:23:40 AM
That thing are dependently. But for me, I use to prefer bitcoin as an asset wherein you can possibly have a chance to gain profits if you wanted to.
Activity: 116
March 30, 2018, 10:43:38 PM
I thin k it's a asset!
Using for payment is very expensive Grin
Pages:
Jump to: