Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 12. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 18, 2018, 08:46:56 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
I don't think that we should make any argument between the matter that bitcoin is asset of currency Because it depends upon the people that how they want to use and how do they are using .
Personally here I myself using bitcoin like currency as well as asset , i am making micro amount of the earnings and putting them for the increase by value for long time ( holding since 2 year and also making passive income by holding bitcoin ) .
At another side  I am using bitcoin for selling and buying another coins as well as for the buying goods at purse.io and at another sites also which a re accepting bitcoin as a payment .
So don't think/confuse whether it is currency or asset .
We can use bitcoin as an asset and as a currency at the same time. It may not be treated as a fiat currency but we can gain fiat by trading it into our local currencies. Personally, bitcoin is a good asset for me and as an investment especially for long-term holding because its value is continuously increasing. In the future, bitcoin as a digital coin will be put into more use and as a complement with the continuously improving technology too. We do not know what will happen but most of us will certainly wish for bitcoin to be put into more importance like the government recognizing and legalizing it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 07:12:31 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

In my opinion, bitcoin can be an asset and currency because bitcoin can be used as payment and can also be an investment asset for our future.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
March 18, 2018, 06:21:14 AM

I don't think that we should make any argument between the matter that bitcoin is asset of currency Because it depends upon the people that how they want to use and how do they are using .
Personally here I myself using bitcoin like currency as well as asset , i am making micro amount of the earnings and putting them for the increase by value for long time ( holding since 2 year and also making passive income by holding bitcoin ) .
At another side  I am using bitcoin for selling and buying another coins as well as for the buying goods at purse.io and at another sites also which a re accepting bitcoin as a payment .
So don't think/confuse whether it is currency or asset .
Activity: 155
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 06:01:26 AM
for me bitcoin is an asset that at any time we can exchange with the applicable currency. Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 17
March 18, 2018, 05:52:37 AM
For me bitcoin is a currency, literally bitcoin is a crypto currency. This is the modern trading because it is incorporated with the internet. Others say that this is an asset because it involves money. Even some are putting all their money here. The thing I think that I can’t say this asset because any time it can vanish or even will lose its value. We all know that an asset is something that can increase its value but must not lose its value. So don’t make this an asset for you not to have any problem in the near future.
Activity: 42
March 18, 2018, 05:11:39 AM

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
which I know bitcoin as an asset, the more we invest heavily as well as the assets we have, in say the currency can also because it also has a nominal price, although not visible and bitcoin is the currency of the future
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 04:27:28 AM
in my opinion, for now bitcoin is more accurately referred to as an asset than the currency. because the majority of bitcoin users only for the trade and investment. As for buying and selling, everyone uses the currency that already exists today in accordance with the currency of each country

Bitcoin banned in many country if use as currency, so right now the best decision is treat bitcoin as investment asset. Hopely in the future, bitcoin can be use as currency and can use as payment
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
March 18, 2018, 04:19:07 AM
I think it depends on the country where you live. like me in indonesia, bitcoin should not be used for payment instruments, because the legit currency is only rupiah. so what happens today is bitcoin just as a digital investment asset.
Activity: 82
March 18, 2018, 03:57:28 AM
The latest proceedings about bitcoins suggest that it is a “valuable asset” rather than a “means of transaction”. While this question is open to debate, we will look at the various aspects of bitcoin and its utility, both as a currency and asset.We analyse the statistical properties of bitcoin and find that it is essentially uncorrelated with traditional asset classes such as stocks, bonds and commodities, both in normal times and in periods of financial turmoil.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 03:08:21 AM
I think due to their huge price and demand some peoples are thinking bitcoin as a asset because some assets have the only thing of increasing their price in future and some assets may increase or reduce in their price and if you observe the nature of bitcoin it is also changed and may be it tally some assets and that is why i think you can say it is an asset.
Activity: 293
Merit: 107
March 17, 2018, 11:16:22 PM
For me it is both asset and currency,because as we search about the meaning of bitcoin,it is a digital currency which we can use to buy online products if we don't sell it. An asset also because all things with value is we can say an asset,and bitcoin has a value and we can say that it is. No matter what is bitcoin we are happy that it has a big help to us to earn money.
Activity: 196
March 17, 2018, 11:13:35 PM
Bitcoin is basically a digital currency used as a means of payment in the world of Crypto. But now many bitcoin that use as a place for investment, although with high risk. so depending on how we want to use it, because of the core bitcoin the only tool.
Activity: 623
Merit: 251
March 17, 2018, 10:03:18 PM
For me to use bitcoin as a medium of currency, I need to find a seller who accepts bitcoin. So,  I prefer calling bitcoin as an asset. Considering bitcoin as an asset is like investing,  and bitcoin is a good investment for long term period.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
March 17, 2018, 07:28:52 PM
For me i think it's just an asset to make a real money. It's a currency when it comes to digital since it has a legit fluctuation and the price can grow. It really have a characteristics of a real money.
Activity: 330
Merit: 12
March 17, 2018, 07:19:58 PM
Bitcoin is really a currency.. That yield us good assess that we benefits from..
I'm strongly belive that a really currency don't benefits us, only investment does that , the function you're talking about isn't related anything to the currency function of Bitcoin at all.
But you made money from Bitcoin is actually good because not much people can do that purpose, most of them are losing so hard.
Activity: 132
March 17, 2018, 07:12:04 PM

For me I would say both an asset and currency is bitcoin because as of now its an asset to make us rich and save us from unstable income.Ad it is also a currency ehich the value price is much bigger than other crypto coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
March 17, 2018, 06:57:02 PM
Bitcoin is really a currency.. That yield us good assess that we benefits from..
Activity: 448
Merit: 17
March 17, 2018, 06:42:07 PM
in some countries, Bitcoin is considered an asset, and in some countries, Bitcoin can be considered a currency
all depends on the regulation of the state government
in Indonesia everyone can save Bitcoin, but it should not be used for payment instruments, so in Indonesia, everyone considers Bitcoin as an asset
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
March 17, 2018, 06:38:59 PM
Bitocin is both of them : an asset and a currency. Obviously it was created to be a digital currency, and it is easily used to pay for bills and to buy and sell goods and services online.
But it is also an asset because its price is volatile, and increasing highly with time, many people around the world become rich by investing and holding this crypto currency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
March 17, 2018, 06:32:51 PM
I like Bitcoin because it is a great asset to the growth of which you can earn. Bitcoin also became the beginning of the development of digital currencies and the basis for the trading with altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: