Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 15. (Read 3628 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 10:03:02 AM
I think it almost a currency.. We all know that bitcoin is a digital currency and some people are using it for buying stuff or changed it to real money for their financial and daily need.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable
March 11, 2018, 09:54:51 AM
personally, bitcoin for me is an asset where this asset for the future will be very good, of course with the present technology and the upcoming bitcoin will support all these digital and virtual activities, it's just that there are still some people who consider this bitcoin just for some time without seeing the potential that can be obtained.
Activity: 2
March 11, 2018, 09:40:55 AM
Request me bitcoin is my benefit from now in light of the fact that bitcoin is my answer in the event that I have monetary issue in my expences at home.Asset is vital in light of the fact that in the event that you have advantage for your benefit it is useful for your currency.If u have resource it is conceivable you can get more money and can be spare cash until in increment.
Activity: 294
March 11, 2018, 09:15:00 AM
Technically speaking Bitcoin is a currency but it could also be described as an asset because an asset is defined as something valuable or useful and bitcoin is very useful and definitely valuable.
Activity: 353
Merit: 4
March 11, 2018, 08:53:38 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

Bitcoin can be considered as a currency or an asset, depending on the angle they see bitcoin. Bitcoin as currency because bitcoin can be used as a tool for transactions, bitcoin can also be called an asset because the value of bitcoin continues to increase.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
March 11, 2018, 08:46:58 AM
I do not know but i think at this moment many people treat BTC as kind of asset to invest like stock. but in the future, when the market is more stable, BTC will become the official currency of the world
It's indeed as you said and regardless of what picture  the Wall Street guys and professors may have painted of  Bitcoin, what's fact is that Bitcoin doubles as an asset because we're already investing in it and making handsome profits. Nonetheless, we're also able to buy and sell with Bitcoin though the scope is being hampered by instability in price.

At any rate, as the popularity and adoption of Bitcoin remains on the increase, we would likely get to that point where many more merchants would embrace Bitcoin an create the enabling environment for its price to stabilize.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
March 11, 2018, 07:32:40 AM
Bitcoin is born as a currency but recently some US judge declared crypto as a commodity.
Activity: 280
https://www.soar.earth/
March 11, 2018, 07:08:00 AM
Unfortunately, bitcoin is now valued only because of the unstable price. He's the perfect coin for speculation. A stable price will kill bitcoin.
Activity: 638
Merit: 300
March 11, 2018, 05:20:13 AM
Bitcoin can be an asset for the future. because with bitcoin we can save for long term investment, such as investment in the form of gold, land, property, insurance, pension, and others.

I agree with you that bitcoin can be an asset  because we can hold it for a long time.and thay considers an asset, long term investment of the bitcoin but sometimes I consider bitcoin also as a currency as I can convert it to cash anytime.and spend it for my daily needs . So I think it can be both, it is just depends on how we use it.
Activity: 104
March 08, 2018, 11:50:20 AM
i consider bitcoin as an asset and currency because the value keeps increasing and can also be an asset because it determines net-worth
Activity: 344
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 11:47:32 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

I think bitcoin is both. Bitcoin can be a currency and an asset. Sometimes I also like to be confused to compare this. I think it depends on each individual look like what is a bitcoin. So this I do not think need to worry. Anyway, we continue to use bitcoin as we want it to be.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
Earn crypto for being contacted
March 08, 2018, 11:44:03 AM
For me bitcoin is a future asset.
Because until whenever the use of bitcoin will never replace the recognized currency as a legitimate payment system in my country.
So i think bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets.
Activity: 266
March 08, 2018, 11:20:48 AM
For me it is both asset and currency,because as we search about the meaning of bitcoin,it is a digital currency which we can use to buy online products if we don't sell it. An asset also because all things with value is we can say an asset,and bitcoin has a value and we can say that it is. No matter what is bitcoin we are happy that it has a big help to us to earn money.

You are absolutely right on point man. Bitcoin, even with the ideologies that satoshi nakamoto himself(or the team behind bitcoin) that is aiming for a great currency to be used in the future to change the world in a good way, people have labelled it as an asset also since clearly, it is increasing in price and can really be a great storage of value. Which is not that bad at all since it can be both if we use it and not just hold it forever.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
March 06, 2018, 06:21:52 AM
For me bitcoin can be both asset and currency. Because many people in this world strive hard to obtain bitcoin (crytocurrency) that they can stored in their wallet. When the right time comes they will trading it, and surely it will become and asset if this will be manage properly and successfully.
Activity: 400
Merit: 59
March 06, 2018, 06:03:19 AM

I think this question do have different answers on two different person, trader and investor, well obviously the bitcoin is such a great thing to have as an investor because it has a high value on the market which made it as an asset but not to trader as they used it as a currency to buy different coins or altcoins, they pay fees using bitcoin which made bitcoin as an currency.
Activity: 363
March 06, 2018, 05:59:36 AM
For me it is both asset and currency,because as we search about the meaning of bitcoin,it is a digital currency which we can use to buy online products if we don't sell it. An asset also because all things with value is we can say an asset,and bitcoin has a value and we can say that it is. No matter what is bitcoin we are happy that it has a big help to us to earn money.
Activity: 239
CAT.EX Exchange
March 06, 2018, 05:47:32 AM

there's a lot of debate for everything that's concerned with crypto and bitcoin. I do not care though a lot of research that says negatively about bitcoin and crypto. I think someone should be involved first before he actually assesses it. so, I will not be affected by rumors from people outside of crypto.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
March 06, 2018, 05:46:58 AM
From now on, I can say Bitcoin is more likely an asset rather than currency.
Bitcoin as a currency is too many fees for me
Activity: 103
March 06, 2018, 05:44:25 AM
I do not know but i think at this moment many people treat BTC as kind of asset to invest like stock. but in the future, when the market is more stable, BTC will become the official currency of the world
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
March 06, 2018, 04:36:31 AM
my own opinion that bitcoin can be used as a tool for long term investment but uncertain bitcoin price ups and downs because of the relative price of the bitcoin not. and I think this is good for the development of the bitcoin in future.
Pages:
Jump to: