Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 16. (Read 3628 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 1
March 06, 2018, 04:24:14 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Actually, Bitcoin is also suitable as a currency. But because of the changing value of Bitcoin in such a short time, it becomes very difficult to make Bitcoin a currency. Maybe if the Bitcoin price is stable Bitcoin certainly can be used as a currency even as the most valuable investment assets.
Activity: 322
Merit: 3
March 06, 2018, 04:15:47 AM
It is specific type of currency different from fiat money.
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
March 06, 2018, 04:04:34 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
For me, Bitcoin is both an assent along with a currency for payment purpose. you know that every currency has both specialties. it depends on you how to treat this currency. when you want to save your currency then it will be an asset for a time period and when you want to pay to another person then it calls as a currency. this issue is simple... And Bitcoin is also like this. But Bitcoin is a valuable asset for me for the future purpose.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
March 06, 2018, 04:00:39 AM
I think it is more likely asset, but in several years the definition of the currency itself will alter, so it might turn into currency.
I believe that bitcoin is really both asset and a currency becaus bitcoin is really a good asset of gaining process, it is a digital crypto currency that is really a helpful asset of gaining process, and we already known that bitcoin is really profitable asset of gaining, bitcoin is really amazing it can really give as a huge amount of profit.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
March 06, 2018, 03:49:04 AM
I think it is more likely asset, but in several years the definition of the currency itself will alter, so it might turn into currency.
Activity: 397
Merit: 10
March 06, 2018, 03:43:13 AM
Bitcoin is consider as both asset and currency. Bitcoin can be used as mode of payment and make any other transactions then BTC is consider as currency. But when BTC investment can make you profitable thn BTC is consider as asset.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 02:24:07 AM
bitcoin is a currency because it can be used as mode of payment and many other transactions and when you invest in bitcoin you will earn more profit in the future that makes bitcoin an asset.
Activity: 238
March 06, 2018, 02:21:11 AM
I myself said to place more bitcoin to invest is not a tool to Transact buy and sell goods. because of the unstable price can go up and down in a short time.
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
March 06, 2018, 02:15:45 AM
Many individuals are thinking about bitcoin as a benefit since they are being gainful over the long haul. In spite of the fact that I figure we can at present utilize bitcoin as both, money and as an advantage. One of the fortunate thing about bitcoin as a money is that it has quick exchanges and you can send it around the globe. No compelling reason to top off various sort of structures all you require is an address. Be that as it may, it truly relies on the individual how he/she will utilize bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
March 06, 2018, 01:06:34 AM
Well bitcoin was made to be a decentralized currency but most of the people are using it as an asset to earn money out of it. But I think bitcoin will go back to its original purpose that is being used as a currency rather than being treated as an asset.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
March 06, 2018, 01:03:32 AM
I think bitcoin is an asset and does not match currency, a growing value would be nice if we had bitcoin, and I hope that bitcoin value this year could reach $ 50k so the assets I keep in bitcoin make me successful and rich.
A lot of people are considering bitcoin as an asset because they are being profitable in the long run. Although I think we can still use bitcoin as both, currency and as an asset. One of the good thing about bitcoin as a currency is that it has fast transactions and you can send it around the world. No need to fill up different kind of forms all you need is an address. But it really depends upon the person how he/she is going to use bitcoin.
It will only become currency if we can use bitcoin just like the regular fiat money and use it on a daily basis but it is not happening right now and the only possible thing with bitcoin is to become an asset that we can invest our money and hold it for long term investment and generate huge profits with it which is what we want for our money.
Activity: 350
Merit: 41
March 05, 2018, 10:59:20 PM
In my opinion it is currently both, not really functioning as a currency at the moment, but once the price stabilises (more than likely a few years down the line), then it will be more useful as a currency. For the moment - read at least the next few years with the fluctuation in value and therefore unpredictability for the purchase of products/services - it will be seen more as an asset to hold and gain value. I still see the value in using it for the purchase of high price items, e.g. property, cars etc. There are other currencies which will be more useful for everyday purchases, both now and in the future, even with the fractions available. The doubt surrounding it in the mass market means it will be a while before it gets fully accepted as a currency, but no doubt that it has established value already.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
DanJoN
March 05, 2018, 10:42:44 PM
I say it is booth, we work hard do hard in cryptoworld for us to have huge amount of bitcoin and that makes it an asset also its high value make it as an important asset, but as you all know, bitcoin now is used on some transactions in the market so probably it will include on the meaning of a currency!
Activity: 167
Merit: 105
March 05, 2018, 10:23:23 PM
I think bitcoin is an asset and does not match currency, a growing value would be nice if we had bitcoin, and I hope that bitcoin value this year could reach $ 50k so the assets I keep in bitcoin make me successful and rich.
A lot of people are considering bitcoin as an asset because they are being profitable in the long run. Although I think we can still use bitcoin as both, currency and as an asset. One of the good thing about bitcoin as a currency is that it has fast transactions and you can send it around the world. No need to fill up different kind of forms all you need is an address. But it really depends upon the person how he/she is going to use bitcoin.
Activity: 60
March 05, 2018, 10:22:23 PM
maybe for now, most treat it as an asset beause almost do an investing but i think on the long time run more stores, market and other industry will accept bitcoin as a form of payment
Activity: 165
Merit: 2
March 05, 2018, 10:09:09 PM
I will consider bitcoin as asset,something similar to gold that will rise in value over time.I will not treat as currency cos I buy bitcoin and store offline and not  use for daily transactions
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
March 05, 2018, 09:31:56 PM
Activity: 70
March 05, 2018, 09:21:37 PM
Actually the both. Asses can be convert to currency and currency can be converted to asset. Many holds  the strong currencies like USD and EURO as their assets. These two types currencies are strong and very popular for their acceptance in everywhere. I think same situation will happen in case of Bitcoin. Later it will become asset as well as currency in practical.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!
March 05, 2018, 09:13:04 PM
There was a country who now recognizes bitcoin and passes a bill to make it their legal tender. Yes the  problem is the stability. It's so hard to deposit money where on the next day the price dumps and then you got short of your money. Nobody wants to use it that way. Not unless if we set that money equivalent should remain the same and bitcoin would only change should any increase or decrease in value happen. The expert in my own opinion is right about his idea.
Activity: 154
March 05, 2018, 09:09:02 PM
The purpose of bitcoin is to become a currency, but nowadays many people regard bitcoin as an investment and a commodity.

So they can trade or hold until the price goes up.
Pages:
Jump to: