Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 2. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
April 17, 2018, 08:33:06 AM
 EmbarrassedI think bitcoin is close to asset. Bitcoin has high transaction fee and slow so it can be hard to be a currency for now.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
April 17, 2018, 08:32:02 AM
Bitcoin is an asset. Bitcoin is the cause why im here in the crypto currency world. Bitcoin is the one who will help me that i can buy everything i want if i will work hard in the campaign. Bitcoin is the cause why i can help my family for the money.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 08:30:42 AM
I think Bitcoin is strengthening its position in the world as a digital currency. Many people are also shopping online with Bitcoin. And in many countries Bitcoin ATM is also available. This suggests that Bitcoin is being used more as a currency and in the future, every kind of people will take Bitcoin currency and will also start using Bitcoin for every take of their life.
Activity: 134
April 17, 2018, 08:26:10 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency it will become an asset if you will invest for a long term of investment with bitcoin. I guess it may be an asset since you acquire something from your savings.
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
April 17, 2018, 08:17:32 AM
bitcoin is considered as a type of digital currency since it was what it was intended to be in the first place when it was created by Satoshi Nakamoto but i do think that people are free to view them as an asset since there is money involved and it is used on investing and gaining profits. but either way the answer falls to both. bitcoin is both asset and a currency.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
April 17, 2018, 08:08:38 AM
Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? bitcoin is not a currency because is not widely accepted but it an asset which can be stock for the raining days. it is an asset because it can be stock and the globe is widely accepting bitcoin in a good matter from level to level
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
CryptoSport
April 17, 2018, 08:00:17 AM
For me this is just a matter of opinino.
If you plan on using it to buy stuff it's a currency, if you just store it as a value it's an asset.
No matter what it is, it's the future!

In Satoshi We Trust !  Cool
Activity: 154
April 17, 2018, 07:59:38 AM
Well for me bitcoin is a currency because it can be used as mode of payment and many other transactions and when you invest in bitcoin you will earn more profit in the future that makes bitcoin an asset.

Bitcoin is an asset a long term investment that can guarantee to many investors, it is also a currency or a digital money who's faster in process and higher value in all curriencies.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
April 17, 2018, 07:58:04 AM
For me, it's both. I invest in Bitcoin because I am certain that Bitcoin will succeed in the future that's why I bought it. Many people don't understand why Bitcoin is important, they don't even know that there is an alternative to current financial system. I also used Bitcoin for payments from time to time. Sometimes it is really difficult for me to spend it but I want to support merchants.
Activity: 184
Merit: 1
April 17, 2018, 07:48:55 AM
From now on, I can say Bitcoin is more likely an asset rather than currency.
Bitcoin as a currency is too many fees for me
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
April 17, 2018, 07:41:15 AM
Bitcoin is also considered a valuable currency. Investing in successful bitcoin is a good idea as well. However, this is a currency with no stable value. It depends on market fluctuations and it is still not legally recognized. In some countries like Switzerland they have accepted to pay wages by bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
April 17, 2018, 07:25:09 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

We can consider bitcoin as asset and as currency because we can use it to pay and buy some things and while holding it's gaining also  once the market value increases.
Activity: 210
April 17, 2018, 07:16:37 AM
In my opinoin. Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, but right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or hold until it increases in price. It's not a bad thing, and it can't be helped either since this is the trend that bitcoin grew upon.

I agree! Way back in the time that bitcoin have been created, it was really intended to be a medium of exchange. I remember how much bitcoin was used to purchase a slice of pizza. And now, its value drove up so high that turn as an asset to invest in. Greatly, bitcoin advanced and moved forward as the technology did so.
Doen't matter whether it is an asset or a currency, everyone is really earning from it.

Maybe its in your country you can buy something with bitcoin but here in mine i never use it to pay something because it can not be used to buy something.
However for me bitcoin is only an asset but if we can use bitcoin as currency then i will support it.
Activity: 168
April 17, 2018, 07:13:10 AM
Well for me, I considered that bitcoin is an asset because Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more

than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or

hold until it increases in price. Bitcoin also can convert to different kind of currency all over the world. Bitcoin may use as paid for shopping online or way to

transfer money to someone. And i believe that bitcoin is the future new currency that can make easy all the transactions.
MRY
Activity: 546
Merit: 103
April 17, 2018, 07:05:17 AM
I think, bitcoin is both, bitcoin can be a currency that is a digital currency and can only be used using the internet online and not all places can accept bitcoin, bitcoin can also be an asset for future investment
Activity: 84
April 17, 2018, 06:58:06 AM
As far as I know, bitcoin is now considered as an asset and a payment method in some country. It's a very long way for bitcoin to be a currency
Activity: 101
April 17, 2018, 06:51:56 AM
it is a currency because that was the idea in the first place of creating it, as a digital currency and the idea is still the same to use it in "traditional" trading, the "confusing"of bitcoin as an asset is because people trading it but it does not mean it is automatically become an asset, its high value right now is still as a currency, high value currency, when we use something to buy something is definitely a currency.
Activity: 140
April 17, 2018, 06:34:18 AM
Bitcoin can not be a commodity, because it does not solve the problem of human necessity, bitcoin is not an asset because it does not generate cash flow in the future. Many people think that bitcoin has generated cash flow because you can lend bitcoin at low interest rates. However the nature of this process is that you have turned bitcoin into a loan and this loan is considered an asset rather than a bitcoin. From the above, electronic currencies have more traits closer to the currency than assets or commodities.
Activity: 266
April 17, 2018, 06:32:00 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

IMHO, bitcoin can function as both asset and currency. Initially, it was meant to pay for goods anyway. Because of its demand very high, now its price is increasing along the time till now. You are right, because of that finally most of people treat it as asset.
Activity: 140
April 17, 2018, 06:09:49 AM
It is possible that bitcoin or some other digital asset will become a widespread means of payment or a gold number as most fans hope. however, we can only be sure that bitcoin's strong upward momentum is more risky for the holder. it will become a kind of exchangeable asset that can meet the needs of modern economic development because of its monetary supply will be more related to economic needs.
Pages:
Jump to: