Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 3. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 10
April 17, 2018, 05:58:19 AM
Bitcoin are both an asset and a currency. Bitcoin is the best asset of gaining a huge amount of profit, and it is also a currency because it has a value. Bitcoin is the most amazing coin ever in the crypto feild because it really give us a huge amount of profit. Bitcoin has a fast growing economy and it is now really becoming more trend.
Activity: 135
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 05:51:14 AM
For the time being, Bitcoin is a currency. But in the future Bitcoin, I believe it will get better and better, and it will become the people's assets. It will be the best investment.
Activity: 125
April 17, 2018, 05:39:09 AM
Bitcoin is a currency, but I think Bitcoin can be used as an asset. Because Bitcoin has a high value, investing in Bitcoin can also be used for long-term investment and for the sake of its own future.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
April 17, 2018, 05:36:29 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
YES this is so true, other people think if they used Bitcoin, they probably get rich but no because it is not easy to manage Bitcoin unless you are not a newbie. So this is the reason why people think Bitcoin is a currency but the truth is it is an asset   
It is easy to manage even you are a newbie because you just need to remember that you should not spend it to the things like investment like HYIPs or so called Ponzi scheme investments so you will not waste your bitcoin and you will have it until the end of the day. You can use your bitcoin to trade and only invest to the things that you understand.
Activity: 346
Merit: 103
April 17, 2018, 05:33:00 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
YES this is so true, other people think if they used Bitcoin, they probably get rich but no because it is not easy to manage Bitcoin unless you are not a newbie. So this is the reason why people think Bitcoin is a currency but the truth is it is an asset   
Activity: 180
Merit: 3
April 17, 2018, 05:21:57 AM
Many people choose bitcoin as a valuable asset. They try to keep it to make more profit in the future. For me, bitcoin is the property and currency. I usually use it for payment. This makes it more realistic for human life
Activity: 729
Merit: 250
April 17, 2018, 05:13:10 AM
What I Understand is In long term bitcoin be consider as asset because the rate which appreciating is very positive so in near future it will be very big asset for those who holding Bitcoin. There is no doubt Bitcoin is currency (cryptocurrency) the thing is we are started now to use is in our day to day life this usage will sure increase very near future that means it is currency only.
Today, it is still in debate or controversy. Some people say that bitcoin is a digital asset and at the same time can take the function as currency but other people disagree to this opinion. What we would like to say as a reality is that Bitcoin has been accepted as digital asset and used by people as investment instrument and in some cases also can take function as a currency ( cryptocurrency ).
Activity: 714
Merit: 10
April 17, 2018, 05:12:38 AM
Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency.
The money invested in Bitcoin has multiplied over time, so I think it's a good asset. I myself invest in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin can be transferred to any country and he will still remain Bitcoin. He walks in any country - that's why he's a currency.
Yes, Bitcoin is not always accepted everywhere, but this is temporary. Soon everything will change!
Activity: 210
April 17, 2018, 05:08:13 AM
Bitcoin, in my opinion, is a kind of asset, since they have great value, price fluctuates in the market. If they are currency, they are not right, because they have not been widely accepted in the purchase and sale of goods and services.
Activity: 84
April 17, 2018, 05:07:17 AM
I see Bitcoin as both currency and an asset. It is currency be cause it can exchange for goods and services and also as an asset because it has the ability to call store of value. Because if you acquire bitcoin today and hold it for some time the value will increas most of the time to give you a nice increase.

For me both asset and currency. Assets because you gain,work it hard and giving more time on it, valuing of asset in bitcoin is to become  more positive and have eagerness to do your will to have a better future.Currency is also belong to bitcoin but needs to handle it.
April 17, 2018, 05:01:58 AM
I see more and focus with bitcoin as an asset. I think the current bitcoin is not good if it is used as a currency because of its highly unstable value.
Activity: 162
April 17, 2018, 04:57:43 AM
Everyone of us have different opinion about this topic, but for me bitcoin have many characteristics. Bitcoin is both asset and currency nothing to argue for that. Just be thankful that we have a bitcoin to used.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
April 17, 2018, 04:32:32 AM
I see Bitcoin as both currency and an asset. It is currency be cause it can exchange for goods and services and also as an asset because it has the ability to call store of value. Because if you acquire bitcoin today and hold it for some time the value will increas most of the time to give you a nice increase.
Activity: 173
Merit: 7
April 17, 2018, 04:27:57 AM
In my own opinion, bitcoin is a currency and an asset. It is because here in my country, it is become legal to pay merchants using bitcoin and since it can be also an investment, it can be an asset.
Activity: 98
April 17, 2018, 03:54:55 AM
Of course there are people out there who actually buy goods using bitcoin, but most people just invest in it so they can trade or keep the price. This is not a bad thing, and it can not be as good as this is a bitcoin-growing trend.
Merit: 1
April 16, 2018, 05:50:39 AM

I think there is similarity between asset and currency, both of them can be used for transaction but currency is more liquid rather than asset. The difference of them are asset can be hold for long time and the value can be increased while currency is decreased by inflation, etc.  So in my opinion, bitcoin is most likely asset as also claimed by G20 convention.
Activity: 350
Merit: 111
April 16, 2018, 05:38:26 AM
Bitcoin is both asset and currency. We used it for investment and our investment may lead to assets. If we just consider it as a currency,it the near future it will fade like a bubbles. But if we consider it as an asset,we will gain more from it. Money is just a number but asset is an investment. In some reason,this two is always connected. No currency,no asset.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
April 16, 2018, 05:08:18 AM
bitcoin is asset and a currency both for me Smiley
bitcoin is an amazing invention and its worlds future

Me too. We don't need to argue about and it just appropriate to treat it as both because it is a special currency that any of our local currency does not have. It's not really a big deal to be honest.

I guess it depends on how you use it. If you use it to pay for transactions, then you can consider at as a currency. But if you use to it invest and gain profit over time, then it could be considered as an asset. That's how useful bitcoin is to people. It doesn't just serve the purpose of being a cryptocurrency, but can also be an investment.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
April 16, 2018, 04:48:32 AM
bitcoin is asset and a currency both for me Smiley
bitcoin is an amazing invention and its worlds future

Me too. We don't need to argue about and it just appropriate to treat it as both because it is a special currency that any of our local currency does not have. It's not really a big deal to be honest.
Activity: 826
Merit: 523
April 14, 2018, 04:15:57 PM

Firstly, as we know, Bitcoin has been introduced to us as the first cryptocurrency which all transactions are recorded on the blockcahin. If we treat Bitcoin as a currency altogether, this means that bitcoin is used only to exchange value. However, in my opinion, bitcoin will become a universal estimation because it will have its own inherent value depending on constant purchasing power of it in the near future, and this in turn will make it a universal asset.

Pages:
Jump to: