Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 14. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 07:56:26 AM
Bitcoin is designed to allow users to send and receive payments with adequate levels of privacy as well as other forms of money. However, Bitcoin is not anonymous and can not provide the same level of privacy as cash. The use of Bitcoin requires a wide public listing. There are various mechanisms to protect user privacy, and more are being developed.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 07:34:28 AM
Its not completely anonymous, but pseudoanonymous one.. every transactions on bitcoin is registered on a ledger called the blockchain. On blockchain, only the bitcoin address and amount of bitcoin that was received or sent can been seen, but not the personal information of the sender or receiver (such as name, age, etc). However, every transactions made are publicized to the entire bitcoin network.
Bitcoin is pseudonymous. Sending and receiving bitcoins is like writing under a pseudonym. Every transaction involving that address is stored forever in the blockchain. If your address is ever linked to your identity, every transaction will be linked to you.
Activity: 236
April 22, 2018, 11:54:24 PM
I myself do not really understand this problem, whether Bitcoin is anonymous or not! but after reading the answers from the people here I can understand a bit about Bitcoin !. We must continue to learn, and by reading this is how our Science can grow.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 11:15:04 PM
Maybe anonymous in the wallet ownership. because the bitcoin wallet can not be known who owns it. but for transactions can still be tracked. so the importance of cooperation between exchangers will be to prevent the laundering of money because of the use of btc wallet that is anonymous
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 11:10:26 PM
Bitcoin is only pseudo anonymous. For you to spend your large number of bitcoins getting untracked, you could just convert it to fiat by selling it to a buyer directly for cash. Probably you could find such traders in local bitcoins.com. Otherwise you could even use bitcoin mixer services to hide your identity for bigger amounts. Alwys take your btc off exchanges when you are not trading them.
Activity: 434
April 18, 2018, 06:42:33 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

There's no way that you will become rich within just 4 or 5 weeks without any huge amount of investment or luck, its true that it was easy to earn profit on cryptocurrency but still it, the profit you will earn will be depending on the amount of capital you have today.
Activity: 190
April 18, 2018, 06:40:13 AM
In my opinion, Bitcoin Anonymous Because no one knows the exact identity of anyone because here everyone uses the pseudonym. But Bitcoin is reliable. As a result, people are not much cheated even after doing transactions in the pseudonym.In Bitcoin all works to hide their identity , so you can call Bitcoin as an Incognito.
Activity: 524
io.ezystayz.com
April 18, 2018, 06:09:51 AM
Bitcoin is not anonymous, bitcoin transaction is a real anonymous you can send and receive money anonymously worldwide, soe one one can track it even the authorities, And thats why many people taking advantage to do a bad things.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
April 18, 2018, 05:47:07 AM
Actually, Bitcoin is created to do something by hiding yourself.It means to do something in anonymously.For that,we still don't see who is the creator of this forum.It is really secured.None can track its transaction.So,we can say that Bitcoin is really anonymous.
but if deeper search, we will know the identity if it will trade in fiat currency from local exchanger. we will know which account transaction is used. because the bank account can not be manipulated, and i think up here that can not be said to be anonymous
Activity: 512
BountyMarketCap
April 18, 2018, 05:00:02 AM
Actually, Bitcoin is created to do something by hiding yourself.It means to do something in anonymously.For that,we still don't see who is the creator of this forum.It is really secured.None can track its transaction.So,we can say that Bitcoin is really anonymous.
Activity: 27
April 18, 2018, 04:58:24 AM
I think it is also related to the country you live it, specially if you are trying to convert BTC to fiat. In some countries like in France, you pay a very high tax when converting, this is because they want to make sure they get a piece of your profit.
Please check your countries regulations before trying to get rich!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
April 18, 2018, 04:54:49 AM
If you have an address everybody look your total money /  btc or altcoins whatever but you own the name, you can hide the company you represent or the group that you represent You can not guess that you are that much money if you do not know that you have that adresse So confidentiality can only take place under the name city or companies everyone can enter and see how much Bitcoin owns
Activity: 589
Merit: 102
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
April 18, 2018, 04:50:34 AM
Hackers are smart enough to steal personal information, which is embedded in every Internet money transfer. But for ordinary users, translations are anonymous, and sellers of illegal goods use it for their advantage.
Activity: 196
April 17, 2018, 03:05:18 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

converting bitcoin to fiat is the weakness of bitcoin's anonymity. You can surely find some ways to do that, but you're surely vulnerable there. Best is not to deal with fiat at all Smiley
Activity: 2156
Merit: 531
April 17, 2018, 03:03:45 PM
I certainly do not, because if you want to check a wallet address and IP address of the wallet it's an easy thing. The FBI did that and found many clues about money laundering in the world. If you want to choose an anonymous crypto actually I recommend choosing Onion.
IP sent from miners addy can be randomly modified ,I wonder why the FBI can know the perpetrators of criminals ,I think it has to do with unexpected funds that swell in a bank but the bank also surely keep the customers secret?
Yes sir I think bitcoin is not an anonymous because all transactions are read in blockchain and right I agree with the friends have already explained in this thread
Activity: 462
Merit: 306
April 17, 2018, 02:49:56 PM
If the whales and big miners are not effect bitcoin value, maybe bitcoin can be more anonymous..
Activity: 398
April 17, 2018, 02:47:40 PM
I certainly do not, because if you want to check a wallet address and IP address of the wallet it's an easy thing. The FBI did that and found many clues about money laundering in the world. If you want to choose an anonymous crypto actually I recommend choosing Onion.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
April 17, 2018, 02:11:45 PM
The answer to your question depends on what you mean by calling bitcoin anonymous. Its anonymity lies in the fact that you can register for yourself a bitcoin wallet and not show anyone any documents, contact details and even an e-mail address. But, when you send or receive bitcoin, these transactions and the amount become publicly available. Now there are ways to personalize the owners of bitcoin wallets. It happens this way: you make a purchase in the online store and pay bitcoin, but the purchased product will come to your home address, now you can find out your address and name. Paying with others you also indirectly associate yourself with them. In 1969, American psychologists Stanley Milgram and Jeffrey Travers put forward an interesting theory called the "Theory of Six Handshakes," and so it illustrates well what I told you above. Read about it, it will be useful for you and help you better understand what anonymity is bitcoin. For real anonymity, it's better to choose Monero, Verge, Dash and so on.
Activity: 84
April 17, 2018, 11:39:07 AM
Yes, bitcoin is really an anonymous cryptocurrency, so now you are an anonymous millionaire who will not be in Forbes, do not be upset.
Activity: 160
April 17, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

No its not. If you need anonymous transactions you need to check alternatives like Monero.
Pages:
Jump to: