Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks? - page 19. (Read 2323 times)

Activity: 202
Merit: 1
if complicated it must be especially for people who have never held a digital tool. because some people. because it is far from the crowd and the lack of this signal is the main factor they are left behind with the digital world .
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
People are usually afraid to test the new technology unless its been tested by the known person, it has to be endorsed by popular people and maybe a celebrity know to have used effective technology take OPrah for example. If Oprah says on tv that she had been investing with bitcoin, I think a lot will follow including the "ordinary folks" and will start to learn BTC and blockchain.
Activity: 230
if it is too complicated for people to be. maybe that's true too. but if they always learn and ask questions. I'm sure they can. because there is no science that can not be mastered. as long as there is desire and strive for sure they will.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
The main thing identifies the underlying knowledge behind its function. Proper research can ensure you know certain things about bitcoin and in the long run. Where you can keep improving your knowledge. Cool
How bitcoin works is quite complicated if we have to understand the system. But to introduce the bitcoin, we actually just need to tell the benefits first. If they already know it, then when it goes into the stages of understanding bitcoin, it will be easier.
Activity: 490
As much as the Bitcoin, altcoins, ICO, the whole of Cryptocurrency and its jargons with blockchain can be seen as complicated, there are levels of perspectives that can be disclosed gradually and also dependent on the area/location or class of persons being informed. I believe it can be best simplified; brought down to the level of their understanding. The complex aspects can be left aside and can be enlightened when the time comes or when it is needed.
Activity: 42
The technical details are complex, true, but can be translated to a simpler one. At the end of the day, though, the use and practicality are what matters to ordinary folks. Right now, bitcoin is not yet there.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
Yes. Bitcoin is very complicated and difficult to understand because there is a lot of words in bitcoin that you won't get it easily. I am also an ordinary folk, so i think they will understand bitcoin for just a week if they asked a help from a friend who also know bitcoin for a more better explaination.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
Yes, a bit complicated, but we see more new apps that give more opportunity to use it without special knowledge, and after some ppl will adapt anyway
It is just like fiat currencies were people get confused by noise from those we think have knowledge about it, but in reality adds to the confusion. So to remove this confusion we need to educate people on navigating cryptocurrencies and especially how to look past FUD, and i believe it will come in 10 years.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

If only media stops ruinning the image of cryptocurrency to the public, may be people could finally understand what blockchain technology is. I just hope more information about this innovation is spread across social media platforms in order to the public to learn more.
Activity: 215
Merit: 21
Yes, a bit complicated, but we see more new apps that give more opportunity to use it without special knowledge, and after some ppl will adapt anyway
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Yes, for beginners it would be very hard to understand when you start. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not as simple as cash money transactions. But, if they take the time to learn about bitcoin every day. I think ordinary people can still use it well.
Activity: 111
Merit: 0
I think, perhaps a little, because bitcoin is born from online technology with block strings. The implementation with the code needs basic internet skills. But that is not a big deal for the era of strong media and social media development. It is easy to capture and exposure in bitcoin usage. Just be patient and try to find out. It is easy.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Once you get into it then it is not so bad. However, the first part can be daunting - especially when you first log into the exchange and see all those charts and numbers. Not easy to use for a newbie, so there are other ways of purchasing like coinbase which is simple but costs more.
Activity: 113
I think Bitcoin it’s not the problem but how all the different UI and application around it that are making it more complex than it should be

we need to improve in the same way bank and credit cards have hided all the complexity of using their tech

I always think about the average folks like Mums and grannies have really hard time understanding cryptos
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
Yes it is because not all people are use to with gadgets and smartphones. Some of them were only good at using telephone whenever they need someone. other than that some people also prefer to used mails that was sent through a post office. So smart phones and computer for them is not necesarry. Other people also who live in the rural areas does not expose themselves with technology because there means of living is on crop production so smart phones is not necessary for them also. So if you will going to introduce them with bitcoin probably they will laugh at your face because they could not understand on what you will be saying.

Right, not all people are familiar with internet and smartphone
But I believe most of them do
Almost all younger generations are now have their own smartphone which make it easier for them to learn more about bitcoin and crypto in general
if  they are interested then its a big YES, but as far as i can see on my surroundings, most of the younger ones are more interested about the current trend, which doesn't include bitcoin, yes maybe some of them heard about it, but in terms of interest, I think nah they didn't have it at all, but not all of them. right now the youngsters would probably focus on the trend such as being popular on social medias and other stuffs like that.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

yes you are right for new people and ordinary people such as bitcoin digital currency is more difficult than investing in fiat and so on but everything is definitely there are ways and his tutorial so that new investors and ordinary players will not be impossible can not invest in bitcoin. there must be a tutorial and this is very easy.
Activity: 182
I think as with all things the answer is always in the middle.

In terms of understanding, I don't think blockchain and crypto are impossible to understand conceptually. However, it takes a lot of leaps of faith and undoing of societal conditioning to accept some of the more radical notions involved.

On a similar note, the idea of what crypto-currency is is also not to out there for the average person to understand. However, today the user experience to actually engage in the process, whether for blockchain applications or "currency" trading, are not intuitive at the moment. You can see from the many players trying to become the standard that this is a challenge. Even with more web-friendly tools today, the whole process is a lot of work. Remember what it was like 4-5 years ago, and even then many people had created web tools to improve the experience.

With more time and exposure, your average person is going to understand. Younger people are clearly more receptive of crypto and they will soon become the average. The speed at which this is happening is much faster than with previous major tech iterations (PCs, Internet, etc.).

The bigger question is, what among the initiatives and ventures today will still be around in the next few years?  Huh Huh
Activity: 26
Not it not complicated at all, If a noob like me can understand it , anyone can. Do not waste time on charts , just follow the news related to crypto.
Activity: 91
At first maybe i would say its complicated but as time goes by and you know deeply what bitcoin world is you can easily embrace what its purpose in coming into our life you can say its easy and i love being engage with crypto world. If yoi want to learn there are lot of ways to learn so better try and explore everything to see what's the beauty with it.
Activity: 266
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Yes it is because not all people are use to with gadgets and smartphones. Some of them were only good at using telephone whenever they need someone. other than that some people also prefer to used mails that was sent through a post office. So smart phones and computer for them is not necesarry. Other people also who live in the rural areas does not expose themselves with technology because there means of living is on crop production so smart phones is not necessary for them also. So if you will going to introduce them with bitcoin probably they will laugh at your face because they could not understand on what you will be saying.

Right, not all people are familiar with internet and smartphone
But I believe most of them do
Almost all younger generations are now have their own smartphone which make it easier for them to learn more about bitcoin and crypto in general
Pages:
Jump to: