Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks? - page 18. (Read 2323 times)

Activity: 538
Merit: 250
In my opinion, bitcoin is not too complicated for ordinary folks because they don't have to learnd everything. They also don't know everything about dolar but they use it. For using as a money, bitcoin is very simple.
Activity: 299
Merit: 14
I would not say that it is very difficult, but of course, you need to make an effort to understand this technology. But nothing supernatural about it, just need to learn a lot of information and it will work.
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
People do not really want to know that the most important thing is the blockchain algorithm. We are talking about the price of Bitcoin. The price is increasing and decreasing as the media channels are intensely raising the news thanks to the popular topic bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
certainly not, the least of lettered persons can use it seamlessly, but of course after some basic level of how it works. The learning part no matter how little cannot be over emphasized.
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
Bitcoin may seem difficult for those who do not understand technology and do not understand anything in Economics and Finance. But if you carefully study the information, it is quite possible to understand this. Main desire.
I believe that it is complicated to the elderly folks because in the first place they are not used to it they are used  the traditional way of currency and they not so familiar with the technology. But in the new generation they can easily adopt because they in the computer age this  is the way they may be  want  in the future.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
Bitcoin may seem difficult for those who do not understand technology and do not understand anything in Economics and Finance. But if you carefully study the information, it is quite possible to understand this. Main desire.
Activity: 146
so I would not say that bitcoin is complicated or uncomplicated for a person or an ordinary person. I think if we cultivate a sense of curiosity in ourselves, certainly there will be no complicated things to learn. from being ordinary to being a royal or perhaps becoming more popular. The complicated things about bitcoin can be learned through reading articles, watching informative videos on youtube, asking more knowledgers and more.
Activity: 79
I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. But for people who has not idea about programming and money transferring system it is hard. Especially mining is too complicated for ordinary folks.
Activity: 6
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

At first, bitcoin is too complicated to ordinary folks. Which 100% sure that they will think bitcoin is illegal because Ypu can refer bitcoin as "Easy money". That is the reason why they are thinking bitcoin is illegal. But the purpose is bitcoin is to have a secure transaction which is the blockchain technology which is currently trending right now. But if ordinary folks read about basics in crypto or investments or concept of bitcoin. They will not think bitcoin complicated again.
Activity: 1153
Merit: 252
It is not difficult, and not easy, everything new needs education and knowledge, so everyone who wants to enter into this field must learn and know everything new such as used terms and definitions
Activity: 798
Merit: 121
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

The idea behind blockchain technology needs to be clarify to the public especially to those who have no any idea aboutit yet spreading accusations and false information to others. The main threat to bitcoin and cryptocurrency itself is the misconceptions that other people has created just to eliminate bitcoin in the market. If only they understand this industry more, they will accept this system.
Activity: 154
I myself think that Bitcoin is complicated because my knowledge is noylt yet enough and I need to do more effort in reading and understanding.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Oh naa I don't see it as being complicated or difficult to understand. In fact, anyone can understand Bitcoin and blockchain(somehow) so far as the person is ready to learn. They just have to avail themselves to learn, and that's all.
Activity: 99
BTC is all about programming and mathematics, especially when one tries to understand why the fee for transaction of, say, 0.01 BTC is so high and how this deals with all those bytes and hashes.
Up to date cryptocurrencies are rather an exclusive method of investment being familiar to a couple of millions of people, but I hope that their popularization is just near the corner.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

Every thing is complicated when it is new, and it gets simpler when you are getting used to it, when you want to learn about it.
And still we does not know the mechanism behind the maximum technology we use in our daily life, but we still use it. Similarly one can take the advantage of the bitcoin with out having deep knowledge in the blockchain. 
Activity: 140
yes,Bitcoin is very complex for the common people because the common man does not know anything about Bitcoin. When ordinary people listen to Bitcoin, you know,If you hear it, then work will become easy for him.
Activity: 171
I can not determine the level of exposure of the user community in the crypto world. However, it is possible that bitcoin will have a limit for age. Because bitcoin needs basic capabilities from the computer or the internet, users aged 50 or older. They can hardly reach and grasp the usage or operation process to send and receive bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
I wouldn't say it is too complicated for the average folk but I will say the conversation has been distorted as of late as to what is important and that can be harmful for bitcoin's growth long term. Us here we recognize the technology is great but it would take hours upon hours to explain that to the average person. We just need to redirect the conversation back towards blockchain and bitcoin because those technologies are what is really important here.
Even if you explain to an average person about the crypto currency and its technology blockchein for several hours, it is unlikely that he will understand everything, but if he understands, he will agree with your opinion on the advantages of crypto currency. I think that people will massively use the crypto currency only if the states will recognize it as a means of payment. Crypto currency is so unlike all existing types of money that one understanding of its technology is not enough. This requires the support of such an authoritative body as the state.
Activity: 37
The primary approach in dealing with bitcoin, is knowing the interest of a person and thyself. It will be easier for aspiring bitcoin users if they are really interested in learning and understanding its background, nature, system and just anything about bitcoin that can help them through time with using bitcoin. Most people focus on the way they see bitcoin, as a source of having privileges that would very much benefit them but not as a subject matter that needs to be thought of and learned properly making it somehow a difficulty in understanding it immediately.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
I think Bitcoin it’s not the problem but how all the different UI and application around it that are making it more complex than it should be

we need to improve in the same way bank and credit cards have hided all the complexity of using their tech

I always think about the average folks like Mums and grannies have really hard time understanding cryptos
Yeah I'm fairly certain it is a UI issue. With the banking system all you need is an account and they give you this fancy magic card that does all the transactions for you. With Bitcoin you have to copy and paste and double check a long string of numbers. It should just be a click of a button, and I think even scanning a code with a phone is a little too cumbersome. We need easy hardware like a magnetic card strip.
Pages:
Jump to: