Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 14. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 600
Merit: 256
March 26, 2018, 06:38:27 AM
I heard stories about it being used as a payment on deep web. I think it is possible since it is untraceable and transactors can be anonymous. Maybe it is why some government are against it, since it can freely be used in crimes, or others accept it to study blockchain and capture those bigtime criminals.

The preferred currencies in Deepweb right now are Monero and Ethereum. Bitcoin is hardly favored by anyone there, since its anonymity is not 100% guaranteed. So the argument that government want to ban Bitcoin due to its association with Deepweb doesn't make any sense.
Activity: 143
Merit: 0
March 26, 2018, 06:34:00 AM
I heard stories about it being used as a payment on deep web. I think it is possible since it is untraceable and transactors can be anonymous. Maybe it is why some government are against it, since it can freely be used in crimes, or others accept it to study blockchain and capture those bigtime criminals.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
March 26, 2018, 06:27:54 AM

it is true that BTC has been used by outlaws to transact for illegal goods and services before, but BTC cannot be held accountable for that, its a free forum and anyone is allowed to use it for transactions, regulations should however be put in place to help cub criminal use of BTC

Correct. Regulations should be implemented in some ways to prevent the use of BTC into illegal transactions. However, many people still lack knowledge about BTC as well some of the government agencies.
I remember about the silk road,  that was the biggest and baddest illegal transactions that I have heard and bitcoin has been used in performing those transactions.  When it comes to cryptos,  we can't really control what will happen as well as how people are going to used it.  We can't even monitor who uses bitcoin  and performs the transaction, how much more if what the transaction is for.

Anyways,  it will be a good idea if regulations will be implemented for the use of bitcoin.  We all like to stay anonymous in using cryptos but most of us will like it to be used for good.
Activity: 854
Merit: 272
March 26, 2018, 04:35:51 AM

it is true that BTC has been used by outlaws to transact for illegal goods and services before, but BTC cannot be held accountable for that, its a free forum and anyone is allowed to use it for transactions, regulations should however be put in place to help cub criminal use of BTC

Correct. Regulations should be implemented in some ways to prevent the use of BTC into illegal transactions. However, many people still lack knowledge about BTC as well some of the government agencies.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
March 26, 2018, 04:35:44 AM
Bitcoin is not tracked! This is used by hackers all the more often. I heard that you can buy drugs for bitcoins, you can certainly have weapons and anything.
We all support bitcoin, but it also has a dark side.
Activity: 475
Merit: 100
March 26, 2018, 04:28:58 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 272
March 26, 2018, 04:21:36 AM
Is bitcoin used by criminals?

Yes. People in the black market uses BTC in every transaction. I've once read an article about a guy from another country who lived in the PH to abduct children and kill them and do whatever the viewer wants to do the child in exchange for BTC. This guy was caught along with his Filipina partner. This is just one of the criminal doings that use BTC. Transactions are made via the Deepweb. It's true, you can guys search for it on youtube.

PS: I'm not saying that all of the BTC users are criminal.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 26, 2018, 04:20:35 AM
Bitcoins are used by even ordinary people who need bitkoin and his offers, but not only ordinary people with good intentions can use it for their own purposes and also criminals use the cue ball for their own purposes this is not checked.
Activity: 150
Merit: 12
March 26, 2018, 04:16:15 AM
Bitcoin is the best way of transactions for criminals, hackers and terrorists.No one can detect them and they can deal easily.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
March 26, 2018, 04:15:01 AM
Is an oxymoron to say BTC is use by the criminal. 
There is no money in the world which is not use by a criminal. If money is use by a criminal doesn't mean it is a bad thing.
The most currency use by the criminal is dollar doesn't mean dollar is a bad thing.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
March 26, 2018, 04:05:38 AM
Bitcoin is made for the used of common goods, But this speculation is maybe become true ,that bitcoin would be used in criminality or other illegal activities. Bitcoin is a digital currency we could not seen an transparents transaction, maybe some of war lords like those ISIS, They used this as a funding in buying a weapon of mass destruction, But this is only my own speculation we have nothing evidence that is used for criminality.
Activity: 126
March 26, 2018, 03:55:11 AM
While Bitcoin might actually turn out to be one of the safest and least 'bad' ways to use money, it doesn't mean that criminals don't use it. Just like normal money, they do. But there are two important things to note.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
March 26, 2018, 03:53:47 AM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

In my opinion, yes they can use Bitcoin to do their criminal act. They can easily do a fund transfer in different areas at anytime and anywhere. They can also hack others Bitcoin wallet to fund their transactions to execute it. The Government must do something about it that they need to implement rules and regulations to protect the investors and the country itself. The Government must improve the Know Your Client or KYC rules so that all investors are accounted and not bogus or fake accounts.

Activity: 532
Merit: 10
March 26, 2018, 03:52:06 AM
Bitcoin have used for the transaction of payment using by hacker, we still remember the hacker about the computer was lock by them and we have pay by using bitcoin, they used it for save their identity and to keep them form the police man, it will be save for their self. But everything can be used for the criminal, they can used the money or anything if they have chance. But bitcoin still best and good for transaction as a payment.
Activity: 448
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
March 26, 2018, 03:48:09 AM
that possibility can indeed happen
because bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous, then no one can regulate its movement
from here we must fix the shortcomings of this Bitcoin
KYC is the key

Yes bitcoin is used by criminals and it's always the perfect tool for them because their identity is fully concealed through blockchain and that's one of the disadvantage of being a decentralized crypto. But i don't think KYC is the key for this because anyone can still send fake information using other's identity.
Activity: 471
March 26, 2018, 03:37:43 AM
Bitcoin widely used digital currency everybody knows that but when i heard BTC used with criminal,terrorist,hacker and majority of the BTC used in money laundering.Also in dark web BTC highly used.Because in BTC transaction there are no need identity that's why easily happened money laundering.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
March 26, 2018, 03:34:07 AM
that possibility can indeed happen
because bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous, then no one can regulate its movement
from here we must fix the shortcomings of this Bitcoin
KYC is the key
Activity: 166
March 26, 2018, 03:30:02 AM
Everything is used by criminals, not just Bitcoin. For sure, the great majority of the criminals are using fiat. The more dangerous ones are definitely using fiat. They are the ones who are wearing suits and are occupying high positions in the governments of different countries and in the top executive positions of various international companies. In the low level, even scissors and frying pans and pins are used by criminals as well.
Yes, I agree. No one can control crimininals of using different currencies. All currencies can be a useful tool for them in doing crimes. Not to focus only on bitcoin because mostly used are paper money and not bitcoin.
Activity: 89
March 26, 2018, 03:25:42 AM

Bitcoin is indeed used by some illegal elements for money laundering. This is a problem, but it has yet to find an effective solution. When bitcoin has not yet appeared, these illegal elements still have many ways to launder money, but Bitcoin is more convenient and faster. Only negative, but the positive impact of Bitcoin is greater than the negative impact. The government only sees negative, it has no effective solution, so what we see is that the government issues regulatory measures.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
March 26, 2018, 03:11:32 AM
Some criminals like any other people use bitcoin because users can open a wallet to send and receive bitcoin without giving a name or identity. There is no bank or central authority, like a government, to control this information...

That's OK. But they are going to sell these coins at one point or the another. And it is not possible to do that completely anonymously, if the amount of coins is quite large. If they deposit the fiat cash in to their bank accounts, then the cops can easily trace them.
Pages:
Jump to: