Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 16. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 100
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
March 24, 2018, 04:30:48 PM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
I agree with you that Bitcoin brings many benefits for many people.
So I think just 5% people use the Bitcoin for terrorism or criminals.
Bitcoin gives more positive effect than negative effect.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 04:11:49 PM
Bitcoin is the main currency in darknet where criminals selling/buying different illegal stuff like drugs, guns , people , etc. But it's happening because bitcoin can't be tracked.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
March 24, 2018, 03:51:40 PM
Think its possible. Thats why sometimes price was increase on market and then goes up. BTC it good way to do all ''black'' payments to sell narcotic and weapons 
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
March 24, 2018, 03:33:07 PM
Unfortunately Yes, some other bad people uses the bitcoin for their fraudulent activities in our society through this their name is being ruined by other people; where in fact the purpose of bitcoin is to promote common good.
The purpose of the bitcoin is to promote better understanding among the business community with must faster transactions and different tiers of the security, but there are certain bad guys who are also exploiting the situation and using the bitcoin for their own good and making thing worse on the digital platform. This can be countered easily if the governments start legalizing the crypto currency so that these cases can be filed and pursued.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
March 24, 2018, 02:16:36 PM
yes that things is possible, because the blockchain technology is anonymous, we dont really know the user and what kind of transaction was that. to handle this problem in some country, like me in indonesia. every local market or exchanger user must register with their legal identity, so the goverment can watch what we doing here.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 24, 2018, 01:58:16 PM
it all depends who is using, in this world era can not stem the growth of internet technology. In my opinion, Bitcoin has many positive effects for many people, but it can not be denied and also groups that use Bitcoin for negative activities. We must use technology in this present era, whether it is for a positive or a negative thing

Pretty much
You cant just judge bitcoin negative because it is used by criminals. Just like drugs, it is not negative if it is used by doctors in a professional manner.
You can even use fork to kill. It is not the tools but the people using it
copper member
Activity: 83
March 24, 2018, 01:24:09 PM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Bitcoin can be used by criminals for their crime purposes. Sometimes hackers may hack any important accounts  and claim bitcoin payment. Hackers remain untracked due to the hidden nature of payment. On the other hand,  due to being decentralised in nature, bitcoin can not be regulated by any country duly.  As a result criminals may use bitcoin payment for their offensive activities without any hassles.  But, one thing we must remember-knife is used by doctors for surgery and by robbers for robbery purposes.  We can not claim knife as a criminal tool,  rather we can blame it's wrong uses.  Similarly bitcoin has brought about a revolution in the payment system although it has some shortfalls.  We should ensure proper use of bitcoin for the welfare of economy.
Activity: 322
Merit: 6
March 24, 2018, 12:53:19 PM
The trade market as such has phenomenal hold from top players of dark world.They too are involved They are not naive and are too quick to know prominence of Cryptocurrencies. Not them, but they have peoples who are aware of the market situation and upcoming trends.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
March 24, 2018, 12:48:54 PM
Bitcoin is used by the criminal community for illegal activities. Bitcoin's advantages, such as anonymity, untraceable transactions, sometimes play a cruel joke. Bitcoin is often used as a means for money laundering. But you can not blame bitcoin for this. Crypto currency is only a tool. Responsibility is borne by people who are stuck in a criminal world.
Activity: 126
March 24, 2018, 12:47:37 PM
In darkknete, bitcoin became a payment coin, and all because there is no way to track the owner of the wallet or the buyer, the maximum that you can find is the transaction itself, but it will not be tied to the crime case
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
March 24, 2018, 12:45:40 PM
My opinion yes, some people says bitcoin used by criminals it is rarely true. I heard very few people usd bitcoin by crime. But very most people use bitcoin in commerce for earn money. This is valid.
Activity: 98
March 24, 2018, 12:20:15 PM
Yes, there are criminals use bitcoin payment transaction, but I think it is only a small fraction of the currency used to crime, hesitation COINS of anonymity, the government can't find the criminal
Activity: 182
March 24, 2018, 12:16:31 PM
you really say, in the reputation section of this forum so many big-time criminals who use bitcoin as a transaction, and this bitcoin is illegal and so many drug transactions, weapons there, they make payments using bitcoin because so as not to be smelled by the government .
Activity: 350
March 24, 2018, 12:13:58 PM
indeed if bitcoin is used for terrorists and for the control of crime money, bitcoin transfer is very easy and difficult to trace and no one can punish even punish also need a congruous evidence, while the bitcoin is a peer to peer system, and no one holds.
Activity: 100
March 24, 2018, 12:12:55 PM
While Bitcoin might actually turn out to be one of the safest and least 'bad' ways to use money, it doesn't mean that criminals don't use it. just like normal money, they do. but there are two important things to note firstly, that as more data becomes available in the industry, the more it is becoming clear the number of bad uses is very, very minute if the entire Bitcoin ecosystem is represented by a big mountain, the size of the bad parts is a couple of rocks. second, that in any financial system, this is the risk that can never be eliminated, merely mitigated, and Bitcoin has some of the best tools in the world for that.
Activity: 64
Merit: 5
March 24, 2018, 12:09:44 PM
More and more often I start to hear that in darknet bitcoin is used as the currency of payment for certain services and goods, but I think it is only because the owner of the wallet can not identify the person
Activity: 246
Merit: 2
March 24, 2018, 12:08:10 PM

We can say that criminals uses bitcoin and internet for their illegal transactions but also theyre using the real money to do some transactions, you also said that removing and banning internet and bitcoin is hard, yes it'll be hard because we use it for our daily living. Well if thats the case, they should also ban the real money, and all of the things that can be used to do their illegal transactions.  

Many people uses Bitcoin, it will depend on the person if he/she will use it on good or bad.
Activity: 350
Merit: 14
March 24, 2018, 11:54:21 AM
Of course, because of decentralized system like blockchain, which  can to to hide information about both sides of transactions. Its very profitable for criminal
Woth that situation, it os kond of sad how bad people can access the bitcoin that we the good person ise it for our daily life and serve as an opportunity giver.
Activity: 5
March 24, 2018, 11:49:26 AM
I dont think that criminals use bitcoin,they are to dumb to use bitcoin.Even if they are useing the bicoin its good for them they dont need to steal things from regular people.But if they are trying to steal bitcoin its hust not gonna hapen.Police should arrest the criminals.That`s that.
Activity: 82
March 24, 2018, 11:41:39 AM
No one can stop the terrorist from using bitcoins because of it's anonymous feature. Most people are confident to it's confidentiality, making its user worry free on their every transactions. it also make the best way of founding for terrorism.
Pages:
Jump to: