Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 17. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 234
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 10:37:40 AM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Bitcoin,gold,diamond,precious metals ,the USD are all used by terrorist to finance illegal activities.The USD is most likely the most commonly used in terms of volume.The argument against bitcoin as a tool for funding illegal activities to me is an attempt to put bitcoin in a negative spotlight.bitcoin is a good thing,it is used by both good and bad people same way other currencies are used for both good and evil.I also believe that there should be some basic infrastructure on to guard it being abused by users.,some level of control,certainly not total to keep us all safe.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
March 24, 2018, 10:25:45 AM
Basically bitcoin transacstions are untraceable. So obviously no one knows who is in the other end sending a money or having s transactions. And because of that, this is so much favorable for criminals. It is an advantage for them to use bitcoin then if this is the case that they cant be trace. Yes, criminals might use bitcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
CAT.EX Exchange
March 24, 2018, 10:22:44 AM
I think this is a wrong statement because all transparent bitcoin transactions can be seen by everyone. So using bitcoin for crime is the wrong way. But I'm sure there are people who use bitcoin for evil we can not tell everyone to always do good .
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
March 24, 2018, 10:07:51 AM
Yes, Bitcoin can be used by criminals and good people. Their are cases, not only dark web are using bitcoin for illegal transaction so be aware to your transaction always. We are expecting that criminals can be used this because it's anonymity and untraceable. But in a good side, many people are using this bitcoin as source of income for legal transaction.
Activity: 31
March 24, 2018, 09:52:33 AM
Of course, because of decentralized system like blockchain, which  can to to hide information about both sides of transactions. Its very profitable for criminal
Activity: 420
March 24, 2018, 09:47:28 AM
we can not know and control the use of bitcoin, but I'm sure there are criminals who use bitcoin for crime because it is difficult to track the use of bitcoin and the government can not do anything about bitcoin
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
March 24, 2018, 09:08:32 AM
Some people say that bitcoin is mostly used by terrorists and criminals, but this society misconception is further from the truth. The reason is because many people think Bitcoin is anonymous but the truth is that all bitcoin transactions are stored publicly and permanently on the network and anyone can see the balance and transactions of any Bitcoin address. If bitcoin is very transparent it doesn’t mean that criminals don’t use bitcoin for thier illegal activities.

The meaning of anonymity of bitcoin that used by criminals are the personal details that you can't see and trace even you see the transaction of differrent addresses you can just see the amount but not the sender and receiver of Bitcoin Smiley
This is the reason why bitcoin uses in some of the illegal activities in the deepweb because of FBI Watching deepweb when illegal transactions happened, What if criminals used other payment methods like Paypal? so they are easily get traced by government.
Exactly there is no exact way on how this could be ever traced for cause there is some identity on here in this currency that cant trace for automatically everything here can hide. In some other way good but for some criminal thing this may look bad.
Activity: 958
Merit: 265
March 24, 2018, 09:03:09 AM
Some people say that bitcoin is mostly used by terrorists and criminals, but this society misconception is further from the truth. The reason is because many people think Bitcoin is anonymous but the truth is that all bitcoin transactions are stored publicly and permanently on the network and anyone can see the balance and transactions of any Bitcoin address. If bitcoin is very transparent it doesn’t mean that criminals don’t use bitcoin for thier illegal activities.

The meaning of anonymity of bitcoin that used by criminals are the personal details that you can't see and trace even you see the transaction of differrent addresses you can just see the amount but not the sender and receiver of Bitcoin Smiley
This is the reason why bitcoin uses in some of the illegal activities in the deepweb because of FBI Watching deepweb when illegal transactions happened, What if criminals used other payment methods like Paypal? so they are easily get traced by government.
Activity: 196
Merit: 16
March 24, 2018, 08:47:24 AM
Activity: 224
March 24, 2018, 08:46:39 AM
Botkin's trade channels are relatively open, free from any control and have no traces, so they are easy to use by criminals. It's inevitable.
Activity: 31
March 24, 2018, 08:36:50 AM
Absolutely yes , infact we hear some other people or I don't think if it's true they are using it for financing terrorist in our society. Where in fact we must use it in good in promote the Bitcoin for the own good of other people.
Activity: 616
March 24, 2018, 08:28:04 AM
Unfortunately Yes, some other bad people uses the bitcoin for their fraudulent activities in our society through this their name is being ruined by other people; where in fact the purpose of bitcoin is to promote common good.

Things that should not be right for an example commit a crime by having a record with Bitcoin because there are many other ways to make a profit.
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
March 24, 2018, 08:24:33 AM
Unfortunately Yes, some other bad people uses the bitcoin for their fraudulent activities in our society through this their name is being ruined by other people; where in fact the purpose of bitcoin is to promote common good.
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
March 20, 2018, 01:42:59 AM
Even fiat money are being used widely by criminals from all over the world for illegal activities, so I would not be surprise if some criminals are using bitcoin to send payment to another person for unknown activities that are consider illegal in some countries.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
March 20, 2018, 01:42:11 AM
the point is that not only bitcoin is being used by criminal but all currency are being used but the anonymity offer by bitcoin and other cryptocurrency make it easier for criminal to use because their identity cannot be traced. scammers are taking advantage of the same anonymity to scam people using bitcoin and finally the rate at which investors are being rob the ICO project startup this days is alarming. The recent one is Denaro. all this is make possible due to anonymity of the crypto
Activity: 56
March 20, 2018, 12:14:19 AM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

It still a rumors until it's not proven maybe their are some people using it in a bad way, but still bitcoin is still holding its name clean cause many good are using it in a correct way.
Activity: 11
March 19, 2018, 09:35:32 PM
Bitcoin, as a dispersive and anonymous digital currency, is indeed very easy to be used by criminals. This is one of the reasons why big countries do not dare to accept Bitcoin. After all, Bitcoin community management still has many bug.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
March 19, 2018, 09:34:10 PM
Crypto currrencies and bitcoins can be used by criminals to pay for ransom and to purchase weapons and others. Terrorists can also use bitcoin to provide support to their counterparts in different parts of the world. So every country's government today is thinking about how to regulate the use of bitcoin.

#Datarius

lol. No. criminals dont use it , these kind of stories are just a rumor. criminals will only use fiat money because that can give them an instant payment without the hassel. why should they used bitcoin if they are always in hurry? I mean using a bitcoin do always require an adequate work because you need to do some things before you access your wallet and operate a transaction.this kind of stuffs is a bit too hassel for them. that is why they will only use a regular curency such as usd in order to purchase or do whatever they wanted to do.
Activity: 14
March 19, 2018, 09:33:18 PM
Real money has exhausted its resource, now large payments are made online, no one transfers from hand to hand large amounts of cash. Bitcoin is more profitable, it is anonymous and can be sent to anyone regardless of its location. Criminals of course convenient to use bitcoin, but we believe that they do not.

There is no fault in investing in the Bitcoin service platform, but this virtual currency can easily be used as a tool for money laundering crimes because it is not regulated by the government.
Activity: 49
Merit: 5
March 19, 2018, 09:27:58 PM
It may or may not be.

Not just Btc i guess but also different digital currencies. Digital currencies have made their way to market making it easier for people to transact business, payments and many others. Criminals may use these type of platforms to do illegal transactions without hesitations. Yet on the other hand technology comes hand in hand with cryptocurrency and there are ways to trace transactions, this may alarm criminals that are not technology wise so they might refrain from using cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: