Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 15. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 100
The OGz Club
March 26, 2018, 02:56:05 AM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
crime using bitcoin is purely a culprit's fault, anything can be used for a crime tool rather than just bitcoin. Every bitcoin user should be wiser in using it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
March 26, 2018, 02:53:34 AM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
We don't even know because as of the the technology is so very high tech and fast to transact
Activity: 224
March 26, 2018, 02:53:25 AM
I agree with you. It is not the internet or bitcoin that is supposed to be blamed, but the one who abuses it. Internet and bitcoin are just a means or medium to commit a crime, while the internet and bitcoin can not filter between good people or terrorists. Many countries feel overwhelmed to fight terrorists, because terrorists are rampant all over the world. So do not blame the internet or bitcoin. Because the internet and bitcoin are very helpful to many people, depending on how we think and respond to it.
Activity: 210
March 26, 2018, 02:33:32 AM
Possibly, my take here is Bitcoin can be used by anyone just like fiat money. So for me regardless of criminals using it, let's say they are because of its decentralized nature, so what? criminal and bad people will use any resources they can use to do their bad activities or dealing but that doesn't change the fact that it is not Bitcoin that is bad, and we cannot erase the good things that it can do and bring to us. Let's just not fall on the trap of some people who are not open and friendly to Bitcoin that it is bad and we have to avoid using it, what about fiat, should we avoid using it as well? I don't think so.
Activity: 104
March 26, 2018, 01:42:13 AM
Some criminals like any other people use bitcoin because users can open a wallet to send and receive bitcoin without giving a name or identity. There is no bank or central authority, like a government, to control this information...
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
March 26, 2018, 01:27:06 AM
Of course we cannot control the use of a currency like bitcoin just like fiats in any way because the rich are always going to have the greater percentage of any currency and they can manipulate it the way they want through money laundering and other illegal businesses.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
March 26, 2018, 12:20:02 AM
yes many criminals used bitcoin as their coin to scm many people they will say that give me your bank infos and then you will be shock because they will get all of your stored money so becareful

If I personally better bitcoin is used for things that are useful and with a good purpose. Because bitcoin applies to everyone, and it's up to everyone who uses it
Activity: 37
March 25, 2018, 09:29:48 PM
Many criminals used bitcoin for their addiction but many criminal not used bitcoin because they don't know what is bitcoin
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
March 25, 2018, 09:16:03 PM

Yes, but so is the US Dollar, and the Japanese yen, and every other fiat currency in the world.  I would argue that its easier for criminals to use fiat currency for criminal activities than it is bitcoin. Bitcoin provides a trackable ledger, fiat does not. 
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
March 25, 2018, 07:49:13 PM
Definitely yes. Bitcoin is anynomous so its very hard to trace who is the sender and reciever.  Thats why some people arguing with this ,like in my country some says bitcoin is used in illegal acts and bitcoin  should be banned.
Activity: 434
March 25, 2018, 07:42:39 PM
from this can not escape, any useful thing can be used to the detriment of others and this is normal
Activity: 244
March 25, 2018, 07:25:36 PM
Stop blaming Bitcoin always that's rude. Bitcoin is just another form of currency just like the cold or the physical cash the point is due to the characteristic Bitcoin possess some criminals I using it for their benefit but that doesn't mean Bitcoin is made for caiman as they are also using credit cards and other stuff which are getting hacked daily. With Bitcoin, they have to simply trade coins rather than hacking it.
Activity: 205
March 25, 2018, 05:58:56 PM
Yes it is used, but it does not mean that it is something terrible, or other forms of payment are also used. But in case of bitcoin the anonymity helps, but on the other hand it is main reason of its popularity and value.
Activity: 280
March 24, 2018, 11:34:24 PM
When Bitcoin is just starting it is widely used in illegal activities especially in deep web but Bitcoin is just another currency (digital) that can be used by anyone, but even fiat currency is also used by criminals, drug lords, terrorist or used in any different kinds of illegal things. But the thing is Bitcoin is more on the positive side right now because it is possible to trace Bitcoin and possibly get caught if you use it on inappropriate way, and there are already altcoins that can give fully anonymity to its users when transacting, like Monero and Verge and I think criminals are now switching to those altcoins.

It can be used by anyone, for me I think the whole scenario will viewed bitcoin provides more positive aspects in the world. Everything criminals can used for their bad activities like Internet and fiat but it will not be ban cause of its very much needed in the community.
Activity: 82
March 24, 2018, 08:43:56 PM
Yes'just like normal money,they do.but have two important things to note.
First-more data becomes available in the industry,the more it becoming clear the number of bad uses is very,very minute if the entire bitcoin ecosystem is represented by a big mountain,the size of the bad part is couple of rocks.
Second-that in any financial system,this is a risk that can never elimanated,merely mitigated.
Activity: 308
March 24, 2018, 08:36:27 PM
Bitcoin is good for online transactions.Criminals use digital money and also paper money.Bitcoin can use Bitcoin with transaction names, criminals, scammers. Transactions are anonymous and anyone can see what your identity is.Same me or you! legal or illegal.Two way we do the work.
Activity: 817
Merit: 250
March 24, 2018, 08:21:23 PM
it is true that you convey I think not only bitcoin as a fundraiser in the field of crime because it is the law of cause and effect of the development of globalization era can all be used for the field of crime from various aspects of life let alone the internet and bitcoin in particular all back again to the destination per person
Activity: 330
March 24, 2018, 08:21:03 PM
I would agree with the judgment that bitcoin can also be used for crime. Only the term "criminal" does not quite fit, or rather it will be for illegal transactions.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
March 24, 2018, 08:04:54 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency which can be used by good guys or bad. There is no doubt, criminals are using bitcoin and likewise the good guys. The good guys can use bitcoin buy things such a car, house, flight ticket, ebook, e.t.c. and criminals can also use bitcoin to buy hard drugs, malware, unlicensed firearm, e.t.c. The bitcoin is a currency for the people. thus, everybody has a freedom to use it the way they want depending on what they want.  
Activity: 280
March 24, 2018, 07:48:54 PM
Remember that bitcoin is digital currency and anyone can earn it and can buy it anywhere. So there is no doubt that criminal can't used bitcoin. Everyone can used bitcoin. It depend on the user of bitcoin that for which purpose he want to used their bitcoins. There is no mistake of bitcoin. I advise to all people to used your money for good work not for bad. As we all need development and that will be possible when we can create peace through out the world.
Pages:
Jump to: